Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Six Sixes      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Invictus01
Msg: 1
Six SixesPage 1 of 1    
The following was posted on askmen.com. With how much of this do you agree?

What You Need To Know

Women who are looking for perfect-10 men are judging us based on the Six Sixes.
Not every guy's car has to have 600 horsepower, but econo-boxes won't do.
The most important criterion is the one you fear the most.
"Women have come up with a system of their own to weed out the average Joes from the Brad Pitts."
You know how men use a scale from 1-10 to determine a woman’s attractiveness? A 10 is a smoking-hot babe a la Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and a 1 is something that crawled out of a murky Louisiana swamp. Well, women have their scale too, and it’s called the Six Sixes. But unlike men's method, which judges women based solely on their appearance, the Six Sixes evaluates men on their bodies, their income and their ability to…perform.

In other words, women have come up with a system of our own, created to weed out the average Joes from the Brad Pitts. Shallow? Perhaps, but don’t think she’s not judging you. Unless she’s a gold digger and solely out for the cash, most gorgeous, independent women are going for the gold: the crème de la crème of men. Put plainly, we're looking to score as many sixes as we can. The more sixes a girl can score, the better. A ten-incher or a seven-figure salary can make up for a lack in the other departments, but if you’re majorly missing one of the below, you might want to start working on filling in the gaps. Read on for a breakdown of the Six Sixes.

A Six-Figure Salary

These days a six-figure salary isn’t much, but it’s sure as hell better than a five-figure salary. Five figures is fine for your average Joe, but to many ambitious women, five figures screams middle class. A successful woman is searching for someone who can treat her to the finer things in life: last-minute weekends in Paris, vacations in Bali and expensive dinners. But it’s not just about the material things. No matter how equal women become to men, when it’s all said and done, money equals power and masculinity. A man who earns a lot of money can more easily take care of his family. And to a lot of us, that is way sexy.

At Least Six Feet Tall

It almost goes without saying that taller men are more attractive to women. Six feet is a good starting point; it’s sort of like how guys think of a 36C cup size. Height suggests safety and security. We like to feel small and protected in the arms of our guy. A man who’s two inches taller than us is not likely to make us feel sexy or taken care of. More likely we'll feel like we're hanging out with a friend -- and that is not going to get us hot and bothered.

At Least 600 Horsepower In His Car

All right, a guy doesn’t absolutely need a 600-horsepower car. But he does have to drive a car that’s powerful. A Chevy Aveo isn’t going to cut it. A Mercedes, BMW, Lexus or Bentley is a good pick for the fancier girl. For a more laid-back type, an SUV or Audi would be a good choice. But no matter what, station wagons, hatchbacks, minivans, or small budget cars are out if you want to impress Dream Girl.

A Six-Pack Abdomen

A six-pack is just an added bonus, but it’s a big one. Sure, a guy without one can be attractive, but there’s nothing more pleasurable than touching a guy who’s hard as a rock. It makes sex that much more fun. Plus, a guy in shape is more likely to go all night. A guy who’s flabby? Not so much.
At Least Six Months Since Last Relationship
This is an important one for anyone, male or female. If a woman is looking for a keeper, she’s looking for someone emotionally available, and that means someone who is well over his last relationship and not looking for a quick fix for his broken heart. There’s nothing worse than knowing you are the rebound girl.

At Least Six Inches Below The Belt

This sixth point of the Six Sixes is likely to be the one that makes guys the most nervous -- or the most confident, depending on where they stand. To be fair, not all women need a guy who’s at least six inches. But those women are generally not highly sexual. For the rest of us, a minimum of six inches is essential if we want to get off. Lest you think this is superficial, think again. It’s a matter of basic physics: A larger penis makes it easier to hit the g-spot, therefore making it easier to orgasm. A wider penis causes more friction, which enhances pleasure. So if you’re not packing down below, make sure you’ve got those oral and fingering skills down pat.

The bottom line? The Six Sixes are a way for women to measure her man’s virility. If you’re lacking in one of the above, start making some changes -- or settle for being just average.
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 2
Six Sixes
Posted: 7/31/2011 12:29:40 AM
Sure, women use criteria, but your Six-Six's nonsense should be deep-sixed. Besides, you only listed FIVE ITEMS.

90% of women don't even KNOW a guy who makes 6-figures, let alone have a shot at bagging him.

90% don't give a sh!t about a six-pack. If you can reach the top shelf in the kitchen, you're good -- even if you have to use a step ladder

Below the belt...? Totally against women's stated preference of simply knowing how to use it, and having little interest in actually looking AT it.

600 horsepower? Are you talking about locomotives? Even sporty cars don't average over 300hp, and you're talking 600?!?!?!?

Six Feet tall? Sure, I'll give you that one.

I'm guessing you're writing the Definitive Gold-Digger's Handbook -- then maybe your rules would be more accurate.
 myrgth
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Six Sixes
Posted: 7/31/2011 3:03:23 AM
Nah, that's some dude who never gets laid and is convinced that these are the reasons why.

The majority of women who know and associate with men who make six figures - make six figures as well.

Yes, a lot of women like men who are 6' or taller. Not I, but many do. However, these men are in the minority so it would be silly to never date because of it.

I can honestly say that I don't know one single woman who would give a crap about horsepower.

Ah, sure, a six pack ab is nice. I don't know any women who have this as an absolute but most all women will say it's nice to look at. Besides, that six pack only speaks to muscle tone and many, many times it is just how a dude is naturally built and it doesn't always indicate that he has loads of stamina.

Six months after last relationship is a good start. I prefer them a year or two out.

At least six inches... This is really going to vary from woman to woman and really, it's typically only men who are hung up on size. Women usually don't care as long as they dig the guy and it's at least a handful. I do have to point out the ignorance of the person who wrote this, which is why I'm thinking they can't and don't actually get laid. One doesn't require six inches to hit the G spot. It's roughly 2 inches in. It can be hit with your thumb in the right position. I've yet to meet a man with a thumb 6 inches long. Physics my big, rosy butt. Also, a very large portion of the female population doesn't require penetration to orgasm.

The whole thing reeks of either encouraging male insecurity or justifying why someone who lacks charm, wit, and charisma can't score a date. Easier to blame the unattainable then to actually work on being a guy that women like and want to date.
 Invictus01
Msg: 4
Six Sixes
Posted: 7/31/2011 8:42:58 AM

you are spending WAY to much time on trying to figure out why YOU can't get a date.

too funny,
just sayin'

Thanks for having such a high opinion of me.

This just was just posted by somebody on my Facebook yesterday, I figured I post this and see what everybody thinks.

Just sayin'.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 5
Six Sixes
Posted: 7/31/2011 9:26:37 AM

The Six Sixes are a way for women to measure her man’s virility

What happened to those Delete Thread buttons? 86 this thread if possible people..
 barefootkitten
Msg: 6
Six Sixes
Posted: 7/31/2011 9:26:39 AM
Gee thanks for this, I never realized how much a man knew about what I as a woman am looking for in a man!

Perhaps SOME women are this superficial, but I seriously pity you if you believe all women are this shallow.

FYI:

I've never MET a man in person who earned 6 figures, yet I've still managed to date.

I've only dated ONE man who was over 6 feet....all of my exes ranged from 5'8 to 5'10.
I could care less what kind of car a man has so long as I don't have to be his chaffeur.

I can appreciate the work it takes to get 6-pack abs, but they don't attract me....I have no interest in getting with a gym rat.

I actually prefer an average length man and recognize that there is such a thing as too big (just as there's such a thing as too small)...you see, I'm not a cavernous pit that needs a giant one to satiate me.

Being six months out of a relationship is irrelevent if he's still hung up on his ex. Some men can get over it in a month, some may take years...it doesn't matter how long it's been so long as he's ready for a relationship WITH ME.
 abelian
Msg: 7
Six Sixes
Posted: 7/31/2011 9:28:10 AM
I was way more interested in my opinion of a woman I might have wanted to date than the interest of the statistically average woman in me.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Six Sixes
Posted: 7/31/2011 9:35:05 AM
Hey! I just saw a famous ex football player on TV wearing fake dragonfly wings!!!

That's as pertinent to the subject of finding a mate that this kind of list stuff is. I'm with Abelian all the way. I want to be desired, not statistically analyzed and stamped for approval. On the other hand, if I could wrangle that six figure income, I WOULD be able to have more fun.

Do you think football players can REALLY fly?
 sweet_n_heart
Msg: 9
Six Sixes
Posted: 7/31/2011 12:51:07 PM
Some of that does ring true but not all...

But yes, BOTH men and women judge each other. That's nothing new.

We're all human, we know what we like and don't like and what we want and don't want.
 YoudLiketoKnow
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Six Sixes
Posted: 7/31/2011 1:26:40 PM
I probably think a lot like a man so I'm more or less about looks--My car is fast enough and my salary large enough so I could care less about his...I don't even care about abs and I'm probably not going to ask a guy to pull down his pants on a first date...so for me, it's all about the face...and the height.

I actually like myself less after writing this. I'm sorry. I'm not this bad of a person in real life.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Six Sixes