Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > movie ratings...what do you think?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cutie84
Msg: 1
movie ratings...what do you think?Page 1 of 1    
i love movies..but i find these movies similar to each other... "No Strings Attached" and "Friends With Benefits"

what do you guys think? do you agree that they're pretty much the same story? which is better?
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 2
movie ratings...what do you think?
Posted: 7/31/2011 3:13:02 PM
i think they both look horrible. but if i was 16 i'd probably enjoy them, go with my friends.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/31/2011 5:51:46 PM
I've seen the first, but not the second. Apparently FWB is the better movie.

I'm a sucker for romantic comedies. I see most of them. Most of them really, really suck. I present the oevre of Katherine Hiegel as Exhibit A. She's been in one good movie and a lot of duds. I watched one with Reese Wetherspoon, Paul Rudd and Owen Wilson last night - it was pretty bad. I end up seeing the movie because I like the actors - this is one genre where the actors are definitely not overpaid. You watch these dysfunctional characters they play because you like the actors themselves, and sometimes because they have one or two lines good enough to put in a trailer.

The scary thing is that these scripts are the ones good enough to get A listers interested in doing them. Why can't today's writers come up with It Happened One Night or Bringing Up Baby?
 smartypants24
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/31/2011 10:14:42 PM
I actually just got back from seeing FWB...it was pretty good IMO...worth the 10 bucks for sure...lots of laughs
 Casper66
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2011 11:42:51 PM
Well I saw FWB a couple of days ago and it was pretty funny, the supporting cast was great, haven't seen the other one. I love going to the movies, horror are my fav but I'll watch almost anything, I don't tend to listen to movie critics, some of their top picks I've watched and they were horrible. I've only encountered a few really bad/unwatchable movies where I couldn't get thru the whole thing, besides I go on cheap Tuesdays so I don't mind if it isn't all that great.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2011 4:17:49 AM
The way I heard it, the same idea was being worked on for a movie by two different groups. This happens a lot, actually, especially if some silly human behavior gets into the news. Every professional script writer tries to write about it, and so we get a slew of the same story, either from different angles, or just with different casts.

I wont see either one of these until they come out in TV, as I don't pay $25 for THAT kind of movie experience.
 cookie22222
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2011 6:56:27 AM
I'm sitting here trying desperately to remember the last time I went to the movies...

At any rate! A lot of movies are the same I think anymore...and what's worse is how there are sequels by the score, and remakes of old crap that wasn't so great the first time around.

Has everything been done to death?

I'll stick with my documentaries and history on PBS, and re-runs of All in the Family.
 Butterfly~Effect
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/1/2011 8:26:57 AM
I saw 'No strings attached'....it bored the hell out of me. FWB....looks better but we will see :)
 cotter
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2011 3:35:50 PM

I could care less about movie ratings.

Oh ... you were wanting to know about two specific movies ...

I really don't care about movies too much ... don't have time to sit around and watch movies and don't have the money to go ... so caring about movie ratings is so boring that it basically is hardly worth sitting here commenting on.
 trinity818
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2011 4:01:28 PM

I could care less about movie ratings.

so caring about movie ratings is so boring that it basically is hardly worth sitting here commenting on.

Then why even bother posting in this thread?? Just using up space.....

I often disagree with what the movie critics say. If it looks interesting to me, I'll watch regardless of whether it received 1 "star" or 5.

I usually avoid "chick flicks" so I probably won't be watching either of them. I prefer action or sci-fi flicks...and no way am I paying full theatre prices. I stick to the dollar theatre or a matinee...or wait for the video to come out.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > movie ratings...what do you think?