Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Why I'm leaving.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 claystones
Msg: 1
Why I'm leaving.Page 1 of 1    
I'm leaving your site in about a week (after I wait to hear back from someone). Your system of not allowing people to contact others for various reasons (e.g. I've contacted someone for an intimate encounter) is asinine; sometimes people change, sometimes people don't NEED to know everything about your personal life. That, added to the fact that your web designer is apparently a drunk monkey running a 386, has definitely left a sour taste in my mouth.

Your direct competition as a free dating site is . They are fun, their website is clean and organized and doesn't look like it was written for HTML 1.0, and their matching system makes more sense. Take a look.

Thanks, but no thanks.
-Matthew
 Sarcastic_n_Sweet
Msg: 2
Why I'm leaving.
Posted: 7/31/2011 8:21:40 PM

Your system of not allowing people to contact others for various reasons (e.g. I've contacted someone for an intimate encounter)

That's actually my choice and your choice. When I make my profile I get to choose whether or not I want someone to contact me who has contacted other's for intimate encounters. Totally not a POF issue. And I'm sorry, while people don't need to know every little thing about your personal life, if you are looking for a relationship it's better not to start one out with a foundation built on lies and omissions of important facts. Seeking sex on the internet with god knows who is definately important in a relationship down the road...
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 3
Why I'm leaving.
Posted: 8/1/2011 4:22:06 AM
Your direct competition as a free dating site is . They are fun, their website is clean and organized and doesn't look like it was written for HTML 1.0

yeah but they don't have the I.E. filter, which is one of the most valuable features of this site regardless of the bells and whistles that seem to have captured your attention.

please answer this question: "how interested are you in having sex with a stranger you found on the internet?"
- very interested
- somewhat interested
- a little interested
- not at all interested

this question is:
- irrelevant
- a little important
- somewhat important
- very important
- mandatory

sometimes people change

this might be true, but i'm STILL skeptical, because "very interested" and "very important" are the sort of views that typically do not change.

sometimes people don't NEED to know everything about your personal life

when it comes to IE, this is not your decision to make, which is why people have the freedom to pick the IE filter to exclude people like you. it works remarkably well. hey good luck over there.
 Pinayto
Msg: 4
Why I'm leaving.
Posted: 8/6/2011 8:35:50 PM
OP maybe you could have just dialed those 900 numbers or went to a strip club or rent a ho on that fateful 1 lonely night. sucks to be you. cry me a river. I actually applaud the pof system. bravo!
 Malley
Msg: 5
Why I'm leaving.
Posted: 8/11/2011 9:51:17 PM
Once your resignation is official, the paperwork must be accurately filled out in triplicate and notarized prior to processing. Please allow a minimum of 6-8 months for the verification procedure to weave it's way through the proper channels prior to completion. Do not expect a full or partial refund at any point in time.

Any type of complaint or action filed for:

~ failure to have your messages replied to

~ inability to find your sole mate

~ being stood up

~ having had others play head games with you

~ contracting a STD through an I.E.

~ being used

~ learning you're undateable

~ being pursued by a gold-diggers

~ becoming bitter

~ realizing not all photos were real or current

~ not having your calls/texts replied to in under four minutes

~ any type of stalking

~ having your redundant threads evaporate

~ being a nice guy who finishes last

~ recognizing some are liars, cheaters, married, fakes, users, abusers, etc.

or any other reason, real or imagined, will be unread/deleted.

Thank you for your patronage. You'll be missed.
 CynM
Msg: 6
Why I'm leaving.
Posted: 8/12/2011 12:04:11 AM
LOL Malley. I always enjoy your posts.
 Malley
Msg: 7
Why I'm leaving.
Posted: 8/12/2011 3:29:42 AM
^^ OMG!! I've been wondering about you, lately, and here you are. How fortuitous is that?

I'd love to message you but those darn I.E. filters prevent it!!
 OMGyaa
Msg: 8
Why I'm leaving.
Posted: 9/1/2011 2:17:01 PM
OMG!! I've been wondering about you, lately, and here you are. How fortuitous is that?

Wow, thank you for wondering .

OP good luck with your search .
 Hurricane_X
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Why I'm leaving.
Posted: 9/7/2011 10:05:36 AM
I don't mind the I.E. feature on what someone may want or not want contacting them. My issue is the "must not have contacted/messaged people looking for I.E.".

I almost got clipped doing that when I was online and got a message all of a sudden from an attractive lady saying she was interested, liked my profile, lived near me and would like to meet up. My first notion was to immediately respond back and tell her thanks for checking out my profile and where/when would she like to meet for drinks that weekend.

For some craaaaaaaazy reason (THANK GOD), my computer battery died and couldn't send the message to her. So I never got around to retyping the message the next day. Fast forward a couple of days and I see someone complain that even though they weren't looking for an IE, they responded to someone looking for and IE to simply say "Thanks but you're not what I'm looking for. Goodluck" and then boooooooooooooooom, he had just found out that he's out of the gene pool for ALOT of women.

Now to me, that's something that can be deleted as there's too much of the ONE and DONE risk of forgetting and thus makes the "prescreening" process a bit taxing to simply communicate with someone without doing all kinds of research to make sure you're not screwing up your existence here on POF.
 Malley
Msg: 10
Why I'm leaving.
Posted: 9/7/2011 11:15:54 AM
^^ FYI: The filter trips after a pattern of first contacts develop. Responding is not initiating.

Buyer beware. Watch who you choose to message.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Why I'm leaving.