Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > The man who gets stabbed in the back      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 perryd202
Msg: 1
The man who gets stabbed in the backPage 1 of 1    
I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend now ex for a few years I told her that i wanted to join the army and she said its ok do what i feel is right and then right after i signed up and was processing at meps she called me up to tell me that she do not love me no more and she want to love me but she just cant now she is already with another person and has completely forgotten about me. The girl before that cheated on me three times and i give her three chances and i later found out after having to fight her boyfriend and spending the night in a holding cell he was the one who was being cheated on and i was the one who she was seeing on the side so i have major trust issues. I was wondering if any one has any advice to get me to start trusting again
 MsMuscleChick
Msg: 2
The man who gets stabbed in the back
Posted: 8/12/2011 12:30:08 PM
Major trust issues. Focus on yourself, and do NOT date until you feel you can be okay with people. Not everyone is a train wreck. Maybe meet women in different places. There seems to be a pattern of nut cases here.

Where do you meet these people? And if someone cheats, maybe stop being a door mat and end it right away !
 808md
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/12/2011 12:35:15 PM
You are looking for intimate encounters and you are wondering about your trust issues?

Do you really need us to find an answer to your problem?
 carolann0308
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2011 12:52:08 PM
You can trust Uncle Sam. He will take care of you.
 808md
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/12/2011 12:59:08 PM

You can trust Uncle Sam. He will take care of you.

lol...really? I have serious trust issues with Uncle Sam these days.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/12/2011 1:03:38 PM
Intimate Encounters?

Explain that one.

As for your trust issues, you have to get them dealt with.
And in order to do that you have to book yourself an appointment with a qualified therapist.
Otherwise you are just going to attract the same people over and over again.
When people pick the wrong people to date, we call that a "broken picker".

I'm sure you don't want to travel this roller coaster ride for the remainder of your years.

So go out and get some help.
 Malley
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/12/2011 1:14:18 PM

The girl before that cheated on me three times and i give her three chances

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

OP, why are you giving these girls second chances? People will treat you exactly how you let them. Work on building up your sense of self worth before looking to become involved again.

Most people (of both genders) are trustworthy. You need to learn to trust yourself first. Why not begin by attempting to understand why you repeatedly allow women to treat you like a second class human being. Once you figure that out, you'll not allow it to happen any more.

You're a good looking young fella. You should be enjoying yourself and having the time of your life, not stressing about these dishonest dredges of society.

Don't permit yourself to believe all females behave in this manner. We don't.

Good luck with this.
 buckeye1332
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/12/2011 3:08:27 PM
Biggest thing I will tell you...........Do not allow yourself to categorize all women as being like this, or if you have done so already then stop thinking that way. And yes, you do have major trust issues.

You are not the only man (or woman for that matter) who has been burned by someone they were with, or more than one relationship. I've been burned on more than one occasion by more than one woman, but I know they're not all like that, and I get on with my life. Sometimes life doesn't go the way you want it to.....but that's because it's life, and life is unpredictable.
 unclezeus
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/12/2011 3:39:02 PM

I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend now ex for a few years

Well that was was stupid. You're 24, you wasted a few years of prime dating time.

then right after i signed up and was processing at meps she called me up to tell me that she do not love me no more and she want to love me but she just cant now she is already with another person

Ya, boohoo, get over it.

The girl before that cheated on me three times

She didn't cheat on you. There was nothing to cheat on. She , like all women in this age group are in the process of trading up for the best she can attract. And thats not you , yet.

i was the one who she was seeing on the side so i have major trust issues.

Here's some kleenex , Sally, get over it.

I was wondering if any one has any advice to get me to start trusting again

Stop being such a little girl. Date women, don't try to be in a relationship with them. You've wasted valuable time pretending to do play relationship when you're not mature enough, nor ready. Grow up.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2011 4:18:22 PM
In all cases of people who think they have "trust issues" with OTHER people, the solution is the same.
Your trust problem, is with YOURSELF. You can't trust your own judgment, or decision-making processes. That's what you have to work on, and you can't do it whie chasing "tail."

Sit yourself down, and make a real grown up plan for your life, including what you want in a mate. Then decide on BOUNDARIES that you will hold that person to. After that, when you next meet an attractive possible, be prepared to DUMP them the instant they cross your pre-established boundary. After you've done that a time or two and survived, you will discover to your surprise that you now DO trust women, for the simple reason that you now know that YOU wont throw YOURSELF into a stupid mess again.
 forums1
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/12/2011 8:43:24 PM
I'm still trying to get my head around a guy who's looking for "Intimate encounter" getting so upset because "she doesn't love me" - IE is about sex, generally, not about finding love. And the cheating thing - so you're online with a profile looking for sex, and yet get upset when one cheats on you (while you're advertising yourself for sex - *online* with complete strangers no less ).

Simple answer, if you're looking for "love", stop advertising yourself online as looking for sex (ie, intimate encounter).

And, well, as to the "getting stabbed in the back", stop dating women with big knives.

Now, as to your last one (that blew you off after you signed up), c'est la vie, she probably was looking for an excuse anyways - she probably already had the 'new guy' lined up, if she wasn't already sleeping with him on the side.

The one that cheated on you 3 times, and you "gave her 3 chances" - quite honestly *stop doing that* - she cheats on you once, its over, if she was trustworthy in the first place she wouldn't have done it at all. And why TF would you fight the boyfriend over a chick that's cheated on you 3x already?
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > The man who gets stabbed in the back