Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How do you feel about interacial dating?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rocky541
Msg: 11
How do you feel about interacial dating?Page 1 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
Honestly all ive ever done thus far has been interacial dating. Not to say that as a bad thing at all but I dunno white girls don't seem to like me much for whatever reason I get along with the sistas better lol.
 Becky_LaF
Msg: 12
How do you feel about interacial dating?
Posted: 7/22/2005 12:03:52 PM
I was engaged to an black man. he was my first love, and ill never forget him. He was from down in the states and he was always worried what my family would do or say. Nothing ever happened, everyone liked him, and they were happy for us.

We had some professional pictures done of the two of us, and we started giving them out to friends and family. His dad would not take one, he wouldnt have a picture in his house of a white girl.

My ex was so mad at his dad, and i was kinda shocked and mad myself. In all of our talks of what people might say or be like towards us. not once did we think that someone in his family would have a problem with us, or me really.

anyway we only lasted 2 years, we were in contact for a short while after our break up. than we lost contact, moving around and what not. he is the one person from my past i would love to see again, its been almost about 14 years since i have seen him.

i tried tracking him down recently, and the only phone number and address i can find on the net is his dad's place, lol. well i am too afraid to call, especially since i know he didnt like me.
 Masked_Hero
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/22/2005 3:17:47 PM
Race should never be an issue... If you attractive to me, respect me and treat me right I will have no problem dating you. If other peoples or family memers don't like it... Oh well they'll be aight. But you best belive I'ma be talk'n to then the whole time at the family cookout just piss them off LOL
 crystalise
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/22/2005 10:41:42 PM
Open minded. BUT do your homework and research first. There is lot to be said of the impact of different culture and lifestyle, that can override the 'love and romance' factor. In some races, some of the differences are serious, others are just humerous and interesting

On the serious side, interracial can mean different religions also. Always a tough one to negotiate. But its possible...Be informed before making a decision !! thats what I do myself and also tell any children...
 Ruby Lips
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/23/2005 7:16:51 AM
I think it don't matter as long as you have feelings for some-one. Who you like is a personal preference thing. I have dated only 1 person outside my race. He was 1/2 Italian and 1/2 Argentina Queros Native Indian. The total European man. To tell you the truth I never saw his colour. He was just plain beautiful to me. I would not hesitate to date outside my own race at all.

I also would not fault my children for doing so either. We are all 'brothers with another mother' under our skins. (I've heard that saying a lot lately.) Good thread. I like it.
 RDtoo
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2005 9:18:53 PM
Ok, I am going to give an opinion and will probably be blasted for it but I don't care. I see nothing wrong with interracial dating. I have dated a couple of black girls and a few asian girls. I would have some serious objections though if I had a daughter who wanted to date a black guy. Let me explain. I have worked with alot of black guys and I have seen their attitudes about dating white girls. They make it a point of rubbing it in to white guys like they are paying us back for historical reasons when they date a white girl. This also seems to be some kind of trophy to them. They think they have succeeded as a man because they got a white girl. Like I said, I am just going by the things I have had black co-workers say to me, and if that is why they want to date someone, then I think it is the wrong reason. Also, I have worked with alot of black women who complain how irresponsible black males are. They are usually raising their kids by working 2 jobs as the father is nowhere to be seen. I have started seeing alot of white women with bi-racial children with no father. I feel sorry for those kids as it is tough enough growing up without a father present. If you don't like what I said, prove me wrong. I am sure there are exceptions but they are not the norm.
 RDtoo
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2005 11:38:44 AM
Mr. djdodat, you gave a good example of the attitude I was referring to in black males by suggesting that I had a woman stolen by a black man..lol. That never happened to me, but I did take a white woman from a black man once. He told her "I see they got you back". Is that a mature attitude??

I see nothing wrong with interracial dating if it is based on mutual respect and genuine fondness for the other person. As I stated earlier, I think there is more at play in black male's desires to date white women. They think wrongfully that this somehow affirms them as a man or that they pulled one over on whitey. That is the wrong reason to date someone.
 RDtoo
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2005 7:18:09 AM
I would have no problem with my son dating a black woman. I have dated black women myself. Incidentally, speaking of Canada. One of the black women that I dated was a Jamaican living in Canada. She told me that black people in Canada act different from black people in the United States. I have no idea what she meant, but she did say that African-americans accused her of trying to "act white" because of her British accent.
 RDtoo
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2005 8:23:50 PM
Mr. Dj, you obviously do not read my posts or are very uneducated and cannot read simple english. I said I see nothing wrong with interracial dating and have done it myself. My opinions are formed from the people I have worked with. You yourself have to refer to the woman I dated as a piece of black azz" and not a woman. That is the attitude I do not like in black males. All women are ****es and ho's. Skin color is no problem for me. I would let my daughter if I had one, date a black man, just not a black american.
 RDtoo
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2005 10:09:53 PM
He did call a woman a piece of "azz" so don't say he wouldn't. As far as stereotyping, I know some wonderful african-american people. One of the smartest guys I ever knew was an african-american. If I heard someone calling an african-american the "N" word, I would be the first one up to defend them. I am sure there are many african-american men who are wonderful fathers and husbands. In fact, I know several. The majority of them are trying to imitate Snoop Dawg though, and that would not be tolerable to date my daughter.
 RDtoo
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2005 10:33:59 PM
Another thing sweetied. DJ's still married and he is on here looking for women. Case closed.
 RDtoo
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2005 10:36:23 PM
I did read your profile DJ. Read my last post.
 RDtoo
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2005 10:42:26 PM
And I did NOT threaten a woman. Like you say, I was saying it in jest, and all it was was an offer to tell me off. I would never hurt a woman that is why I began a thread like that it the first place.
 LaurenBee
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/26/2005 8:15:53 AM
I'm a white girl dating a black man. We're engaged and in love. What do you make of that ?
 RDtoo
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2005 8:10:35 PM
Sweetied, I don't care if you do marry him. As I said before I am not against interracial dating. Anything that produces Halle Berry can't be all bad. In fact I have several interracial couples as friends, BM/WF.

I probably have been too harsh. If I let my daughter (if I had one) date an African-american male, he would not be calling himself a DJ but a DR...lol. That would be acceptable.
 RDtoo
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2005 9:42:17 PM
Justa, you reminded me of a story I heard once. There was a class at Eastern Michigan University where they were discussing ethnic backgrounds. One white guy piped up that he was an African-american. The class laughed, the African-american Professor did not. The Professor said "you are not an African-american". The guy said "I am too. I was born in South Africa and we migrated to the United States". The Professor would not accept this answer. Who was in the right?
 RDtoo
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2005 7:53:06 PM
DJ, I really do not understand your venom towards me. I have some strong opinions but I gave reasons for them. I said some good things as well about interracial dating. On other threads I have seen you speak of God and unconditional love but you call me names. Hypocritical?
 crystalise
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/27/2005 8:28:31 PM
People say race doesnt matter - but it does. No I dont mean in the negative way you may think. I just mean you should pay attention to the culture and history and background that goes into the making of a race. Im not talking about the colour of their skin or their appearance. I am talking about their history, beliefs, culture, religion all those things make up a race. You should learn about these things when dating someone I feel. If you were native american and your partner didnt want to know about your culture or background, Could that be viewed as being racially ignorant or disrespectful?? Im not saying it is, Im just asking what others may think

Just a thought to throw into the melting pot ...lol...or do people view that as being a normal part of the package and " goes without saying" ??

Education is what I really believe is the key to a greater world tolerance. Its the first step to acceptance and interracial dating is a great way for people to learn about other cultures. Once one person starts, everyone does you will find

In Australia, everyone goes with out everyone it seems and I like to see that. You see Greeks dating Macedonians, Chinese dating Japanese, caucasian dating everything under the sun. Its just not a huge thing here [ on a grand national scale - there are still older generatiosn with their prejudices but they are slowly fading voice]. But learning about different cultures is and personally if I were to date anyone [ I dated Greek guy so I tried to learn the language] I would want to learn a little about his race/culture and everything

: )
 RDtoo
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2005 10:12:39 PM
I appreciate that DJ. To be honest I tried to write you and say I was too harsh with what I said. Your mail settings would not accept mail from a male. I don't blame you. I apologise as well. Sometimes I take a grain of truth and get caught up in debate and end up arguing something I don't even believe. I guess all I meant to say was that if my fictional daughter brought home Snoop Dawg, I would have a heart attack.
 RDtoo
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2005 10:29:12 PM
I get red in the face sometimes...
 stealth2
Msg: 64
Posted: 7/28/2005 9:10:20 PM
All of us are prejudiced to one degree or another, maybe just because of the history of American race relations. I personally find it preferable to marry an asian if you are gonna marry outside your race, because they are the beautiful woman in the world, second only to strawberry blonde. I sometimes wonder why I feel so strongly that babies from African/Caucasian marriage are not good looking, but I do. I would marry an asian if she was true and not a gold digger.
 Melodic Euphoria
Msg: 76
Posted: 8/9/2005 2:23:44 PM
To the OP:

A beautiful post! Yes, sometimes people still have the tendency to see people of their own races as "we", and others as "they". But there are so much cutural differences that we can learn about, learn to appreciate and to compromise with our own.

I've be friended with african people, korean people, japanese people, white people, and some indian people. Though I do identify with the asians generally better than anyone else, I find that all of my friends have one thing in common - humanity. They are capable of friendship and loyalty to their loved ones, they feel connected to their fellow human beings, they can be compassionate, they learns from their mistakes and strive for the future - cultural or skin color differences are just too insignificant when you look into people and see the similarities shared by all humans.

As for children - I don't care who they date, it makes little difference. As long as it is the prince/princess of their dreams and they'll be happy with their marriage for the rest of their lives...
 stealth2
Msg: 78
Posted: 8/9/2005 6:11:35 PM
I have had a secret fondness for it all my life. But my serious relationship with another race did not work out. For that reason I am a lot more skeptical than I used to be about interracial. In principle I have nothing against it, however.
 stealth2
Msg: 81
Posted: 8/12/2005 12:56:36 PM
Although I was engaged to another race woman one time (I am white Caucasian), I have always feared that mixed-race children are not beautiful. I really love my white race which is from Ireland or England (there are rumors I have an Indian squaw in my line). I think European is a great race. I don't understand why so many younger white girls in their 20's go with black men. I think they should prefer their own race. Why would they rather have a minority race man? JMHO
 shadowgirl58
Msg: 86
Posted: 8/23/2005 10:02:15 AM
I have dated(*dated/non-sex) AmericanINdian,lebanese,latino,italian,french,english,greek, peurto rican-and I married an italiano-don't know if this is considered interracial???someone once said have you ever dated caucasion-??-well sure I have..
I do have a mother who rather not have her daughters interbreed although..two of my older nieces(we have a lot of girls in the family)and one of my nephews have children that are mixed with mexican, portugese, and spanish-those little darlings they have, are very beautiful!!My mother loves them..and so do all their aunts!so interracial is so common these days..Not like back when the Sco-Irish- clans stuck together in their own kind..I have a friend that is married to a phillipino gal-she is very nice. and I have met some orientals that are sweet.And I have maulado friends too. So-there you have it-americans do well with whom they love the bestest. Now I'll let you know if the greylings and martians have intermingled..lol which ever speciies survive it doesn't matter I suppose..life will still evolve.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How do you feel about interacial dating?