Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > First Meeting Question      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 brown_eyed_girl_60
Msg: 1
First Meeting QuestionPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Why do men suggest a bottle of wine and meeting at your place as a first meeting? This is not just ONE man but a few.

Is that the new "dating protocol"? lol

Not for me...just would like some feedback on that.
 misshoney1988
Msg: 2
First Meeting Question
Posted: 8/21/2011 5:39:23 PM
I have had men suggest that too and I decline and the meets have occurred in a public place with me driving myself. Safety is always first!

I believe men suggest the wine and a private meet because they are hoping to get laid.
 ChristianWoman35
Msg: 3
First Meeting Question
Posted: 8/21/2011 5:44:05 PM
I hope not.LOL That means I will never go on a date then. Public place is the only place to meet.
 forumfishie
Msg: 4
First Meeting Question
Posted: 8/21/2011 5:49:54 PM
Some men would suggest
the back seat of their truck as a first meeting
and ask you to bring condoms too.............
if you let them

"Why do men suggest a bottle of wine and meeting at your place as a first meeting?"

Must be the new horny, lazy man dating protocol

"men like sex just as much as women..."

Really?
I have never heard a woman asking to come over with a bottle of wine
I think you are making this up, never met a woman who liked sex as much as men either, EVER

"yet we have to take the lead and make it happen for us.."
Ohhh, so you are doing US women a favor by asking if you can come over to our place, with a bottle of wine!!
Another thing you are making up as you go

"if we don't ask, its not gonna be given to us very often, if at all..."
How come? I thought you said, women want sex as much as guys do?
If that was the case, you would have women ask you to come over with wine ALL the time.
No? it was all a bluff I see

"and we don't wanna date or get to know everyone we want to bed"

Why don't YOU talk about yourself kimosabi
Not every man out there is a self proclaimed player
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 5
First Meeting Question
Posted: 8/21/2011 5:52:41 PM
Before I gave up dating, not one man ever suggested that. Not ever.

And if they had, they would have been graciously declined.

*shudder*
 hoyos
Msg: 6
First Meeting Question
Posted: 8/21/2011 5:56:55 PM
Not something I'd ever suggest.
Be smart and stay safe - keep the first meet public.
 MsMuscleChick
Msg: 7
First Meeting Question
Posted: 8/21/2011 5:57:12 PM
Girl, men will suggest anything that they can. Some people actually DO go meet them under these conditions and invites ( read some of the threads in here especially on a Saturday morning ) LOL . For me it is a huge hell no....LOL

In public. Short and sweet. And I get to sit by the EXIT door.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 8
First Meeting Question
Posted: 8/21/2011 5:59:54 PM

Why do men suggest a bottle of wine and meeting at your place as a first meeting?

do you really need us to answer this question.

I believe men suggest the wine and a private meet because they are hoping to get laid.

ya think?

men like sex just as much as women...

yet we have to take the lead and make it happen for us..

if we don't ask, its not gonna be given to us very often, if at all...

and we don't wanna date or get to know everyone we want to bed.
 blonde-lady
Msg: 9
First Meeting Question
Posted: 8/21/2011 6:03:42 PM
Damn ! I feel left out. I have never had a man suggest Wine @ my place. Of course I might open the door and take the bottle and close it again.

PS for all you ladies laughing. I have only met men in public places because these are the only types I will chat with. It takes 3 messages to tell the type of men they are and where they want the relationship to lead. If you don't like the direction end the conversation. These men will quickly learn they need to step up their game.
 blonde-lady
Msg: 10
First Meeting Question
Posted: 8/21/2011 6:08:32 PM
Apparently you feel the need to beg err ask before you even meet. tsk tsk

A few dates can tell you whether the women is interested or not. Is this really too much to ask for? If all you really want is cheap sex, there are other avenues.
 4x4fan
Msg: 11
First Meeting Question
Posted: 8/21/2011 6:15:06 PM
yep, they are hoping to get laid. Well....we are all are hoping that, but only a certain percentage are brave enough to attempt the "wine at my house" move.
 misshoney1988
Msg: 12
First Meeting Question
Posted: 8/21/2011 6:24:39 PM
Yeah about 99 percent
 brown_eyed_girl_60
Msg: 13
First Meeting Question
Posted: 8/21/2011 6:32:40 PM
Thx for your responses and I love the one with yea...I grab the bottle and close the door...lol

This just started this past week...weird. Before that they were more subtle...

I definitely always want to meet in a public place...but as expected the men who answered this are not gentlemen.

I'm assuming then that no man on this site is looking for a decent woman if I go by what they said....tsk tsk...lol
 me_me_me_pick_me
Msg: 14
First Meeting Question
Posted: 8/21/2011 6:33:02 PM
Isn't it worse if a girl offers to do that? I've had those offers before......
 majyk1
Msg: 15
First Meeting Question
Posted: 8/21/2011 6:45:35 PM

Why do men suggest a bottle of wine and meeting at your place as a first meeting?

because wine is cheap and they THINK by bringing 'something' that they'll get laid.

never met a woman who liked sex as much as men either, EVER

I don't believe we've met.... but I would qualify for the "as much as men" (probably more).
However, I certainly have never used that tactic for a date.
 Tim0066
Msg: 16
First Meeting Question
Posted: 8/21/2011 6:54:13 PM
No its not...

Bottle of wine and meeting at your place means they want you comfortable and feeling safe then get you a little woosey and get sex...

First time you meet someone do it in a public place, dont have them meet at your place and follow you somewhere, there's no need to be showing people where you live until you know them fairly well.

-
I've had a date from a dating website where the girl asked me to her place for a first meet, she asked me to pick up wine coolers and beer for us and she ordered take out chinese food when I was on my way over. We had talked for a few weeks in emails and on phone a few times first... we watched a movie after dinner and had a few drinks, I went home at midnight, no sex and didn't expect it either (not sure if she did to be honest although we did sit on couch together through the movie)... neither of us wanted to "date" afterwards, I didn't feel much chemistry between us other then being friendly and talkative, different views on a lot of topics.

But thats not something I suggest other people should do...
 RandomScause
Msg: 17
First Meeting Question
Posted: 8/21/2011 6:56:35 PM
All of y ou ladies on this thread are perfectly dead on the nose.

A real man will never ask to show up at her place with a bottle of wine on the first meet-and-greet.

A real man indeed will ask, instead, to show up in a neutral place like her living room, with a six pack of Budweisers.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 18
view profile
History
First Meeting Question
Posted: 8/21/2011 7:00:19 PM

but as expected the men who answered this are not gentlemen.

aren't you a little old for this kind of naivete? the only difference between a sexy 'gentleman' and a horny heel is whether the woman is attracted.
 commonsens_reloaded
Msg: 19
First Meeting Question
Posted: 8/21/2011 7:00:32 PM
and you really needed to ask that?!

Seriously?!?!
 brown_eyed_girl_60
Msg: 20
First Meeting Question
Posted: 8/21/2011 7:03:59 PM
Naive? No....just asking if it was the "new dating protocol...lol "
 hoyos
Msg: 21
First Meeting Question
Posted: 8/21/2011 7:04:28 PM

but only a certain percentage are brave enough to attempt the "wine at my house" move.

or stupid enough ... but then again I'm sure there are some gullible people here
 Possessions
Msg: 22
First Meeting Question
Posted: 8/21/2011 7:05:41 PM
Thankfully, that has never been offered to me. If it was I don't drink and first meet is generally in public places.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 23
First Meeting Question
Posted: 8/21/2011 7:08:26 PM

Yeah about 99 percent

misshoney...I'd offer up champagne in your case! jejeje

seriously- your profile shows ur looking for an intimate encounter...

duh...
 majyk1
Msg: 24
First Meeting Question
Posted: 8/21/2011 7:11:04 PM

your profile shows ur looking for an intimate encounter.

shyt.... I missed that one...

Yeah... I have to agree with ... "DUH"
 Tim0066
Msg: 25
First Meeting Question
Posted: 8/21/2011 7:12:56 PM

These men will quickly learn they need to step up their game.

Maybe they didn't want to date you so why put in effort when you've lost interest so soon?

Dating isn't a "game"... women who say men "need to step up their game" are female players... and to me not worth spending the time to get to know them.

but as expected the men who answered this are not gentlemen.

I answered this and I strive to be a gentleman. If you would drop your presumptions that few men are gentlemen, you might actually notice that many are.

I'm assuming then that no man on this site is looking for a decent woman if I go by what they said....tsk tsk...lol

Don't go by what they said... again, drop your presumptions about what men are looking for, stop assuming because you met/talked to a few losers that we're all losers.

I don't assume every woman is the same as the occasional loser I've talked to on here or have dated. I know there are far more great women online and offline then there are losers... the same as men, there are far more great ones then losers.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > First Meeting Question