Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Blocked by a chatty Friend!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 2
Blocked by a chatty Friend!Page 1 of 1    
was the person she was chatting with a guy?

she works in service industry...her job is to be chatty...

ya she enjoys ur company...cuz y
you leave her tips or keep her from having to wash dishes...

do you have any idea how many other swinging d1cks that try to chat her up and hit on her while she's working?
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Blocked by a chatty Friend!
Posted: 8/23/2011 11:35:48 PM
Yeah... this seems to be the theme lately. Dude, if she was interested then she would have MADE HERSELF AVAILABLE for you to ask her out. You waiting around to catch her when it would be just the two of you can be construed as 'creepy' and it's entirely possible that she was keeping her 'chatty friend' there until YOU left.

I work in a bar and see this CONSTANTLY. Yes it happens that a customer asks out and goes out with a waitress, but understand that if she wanted that, she would have made it happen.
 NS_ARTEMIS
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/24/2011 4:24:54 AM
Why not write her a note...then it wouldnt matter how busy the place was
 Wind1987
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/24/2011 4:49:14 AM
Do not ask her out when she is working. I talk to a girl who works in a laundromat and she said she gets hit on by men who are 50, 60 anything. She is 20. She would probably never never say yes to anyone in that category of 'asking her out while she is working.' The bottom line and I think this is true for the girl you like and probably most who get hit on by people while they work.... You are put in the same category as the 60 year old pervet asking her out. Can you see this? Can't you see that? Why the hell put yourself in the same category as filth?! Don't do it! You need to (READ: must) ask her out when she isn't at work. There is no inbetween. Either she is working or not... Do whatever you can, find her on facebook maybe, ask her boss when she isn't working, etc... I'm sure a lot of people if not all agree with this census. Put yourself in her shoes... In her first hour a 50 year old hits on her on her day at work... Gross.. The next hour you come in, and hit on her. How do you think this would look?
 femaleconnection
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/24/2011 6:19:36 AM
Personally, if I was serving for a wage Id rather a customer waited till I was off shift to approach me.

Seeing as she has to trouble blowing an hour to chat while being paid however, she is not like me at all. LOL

You could have said 'excuse me, I need to get going and I wanted to ask you a question'. Then when she came over, out of her friends earshot, ask her out. Under the scene you described, that would have been allright.
 NS_ARTEMIS
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/25/2011 3:22:09 AM
In further to your update, it would definitely be awkward. You are assuming she is single. What if she isnt? You would be putting her on the spot. Fook, the said chick she is talking with, might even be her SO for all you know.
 Dorkvader27
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/25/2011 12:23:48 PM
I would have probably left after about 10-15 minutes or so if that. That or found something else to do there until she became available to talk to again.

Somethings I have questions about was it a date or did you just run into her there? If it was a date walk away! I'd be irritated if I was on a date and I got put on the back burner like that been in that situation before and i just leave the date there. It's one thing to say hi to friends but it's another thing to just walk away from the date half way into it.

That said if it was just a "chance encounter" grow a pair and ask for her number. See if you can get her on a real date.
 unclezeus
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/26/2011 4:43:44 AM
Would it be rude or awkward?

Not at all.
You've sat and talked with her before.... so this time on your way home , pass her your phone number and tell her to give you a call.

If she was talking with a male, still no big deal. Pass her your number on the way out. Its a ballsy move. It can happen.

No guts, no glory.
 sj7
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/26/2011 5:35:04 PM
Did I miss something? Did the server know you wanted to chat with her? If I were the girl and got asked out I'd be flattered. Slip the girl your number and suggest she call you.
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 12:58:10 AM

If she was talking with a male, still no big deal. Pass her your number on the way out. Its a ballsy move. It can happen.

No guts, no glory.

Yeah... right.
If a guy tryed that with me... depending on the situation he would possibly have a serious problem on his hands. It is highly offensive to do something like that. I have bounced/ran bars and clubs for a lot of years and seen this happen dozens and dozens of times. The results are always one of two. the girl and guy laugh it off and throw the number away as she does not want to disrespect the guy that she is sitting across, or the man that she was talking to attacks the number giver.
I personally would call the guy out on it right then and there and ask what he was doing. The odds are that he would not have the balls to say flat out that he was giving the girl that I was talking to his number right in front of me because that paints him as the d!ck.

Frankly I have seen someone get shot over that silliness.
 unclezeus
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/27/2011 7:23:06 PM
If a guy tryed that with me... depending on the situation he would possibly have a serious problem on his hands.

No there wouldn't be any serious problem. You just take the number away from your perceived woman, and tear it up. Anything beyond that is assault.

It is highly offensive to do something like that.

Thats your problem. Not his. He is attracted to the woman. He has just made you aware other men want your woman.

the girl and guy laugh it off and throw the number away as she does not want to disrespect the guy that she is sitting across,

That would be the wisest reaction.

or the man that she was talking to attacks the number giver.

This would be legally most unfortunate for the dumbass who attacked him.

I personally would call the guy out on it right then and there and ask what he was doing.

Really?!! What does it look he is doing?

The odds are that he would not have the balls to say flat out that he was giving the girl that I was talking to his number right in front of me because that paints him as the d!ck.

No it doesn't. Its paints him as a guy attracted to a woman.
There is no ring on her finger or yours, so she is fair game.

Some men are really ballsy and do approach married women. But thats not the case , here.

Frankly I have seen someone get shot over that silliness.

LOL.. that extremely rarely happens, and yes, there are risks sometimes. But that would paint the shooter a dumbass, and he would become a cellmates girlfriend for a very long time.
 OverlookedMaiden
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/27/2011 7:45:11 PM
Well I guess I have different advice then the bunch. There's a few factors here...

1. She could assume you're in a relationship and want to only be friends.

2. She could have a boyfriend.

3. She could be playing a game with you and could be talking to this chatty friend to make you jealous.

4. Is oblivious to the fact that you like her

5. She knows you like her but is waiting for you to make a move.

In any case, a woman can't resist a gentleman; Pulling her aside and asking her to just hang out would be a great start. Then if she admits to having a boyfriend then you can cover it up and mention the "just as friends" maneuver. If she agrees to go hang out somewhere, tell her how you feel and ask her out on an official date. It's one thing to be asked out on a date at work, another to be asked to hang at work (which may lead to the date that you seek)
 lonerider10
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/3/2011 11:03:08 PM
forget about her. she is so wrapped up in herself that her head is up her a**
 Detectorman1976
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/3/2011 11:24:26 PM
Lonerider

I would have gotten up got a me a good drink and walked out of there!

don't let her waste your time dammit!!

Let her know your time is vaulable !
 NS_ARTEMIS
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/4/2011 6:07:50 AM
Um Lone Rider and Detector, you two do realize he is talking about an employee at a coffee shop he visits and would like to ask on a date, not someone he was on an actual date with. The employee was chatting with someone else and he wanted to know if he should have interupted the conversation to ask her out.
 Playing with Madness
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/4/2011 10:48:31 AM
Are you prepared to handle the rejection?

Look, this is your local hang out spot. If she says no, and she is just being flirty and chatty because it gets her more tips then what? It's going to be very awkward for the both of you being in that small confined mom and pa place.

Do not mix business and pleasure together. If you are that head over heels about her then be prepared to find yourself another coffee shop to hang out if she says no.

Something to consider. If it was me, I would pass. Plenty of Fish in the sea. Let her make the move.
 Detectorman1976
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/11/2011 10:29:45 AM
He who hesitates masturbates
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Blocked by a chatty Friend!