Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > A few wise words ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 anyelina24
Msg: 1
A few wise words ?Page 1 of 1    
This is for all the ladies on this God forsaken site. Recently one of my best friends suggested i read this book : WHY MEN LOVE ****ES. And I have to say hands down , the book its really amazing . It spoke to me like no other book ever had .
Its made me realize how dumb and silly we sometimes are, and the many mistakes we make while dating , in relationships and more .
I totally recommend it !!.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 2
A few wise words ?
Posted: 8/24/2011 7:19:43 PM
I think the concept has traction, but what if they had a book called "Why Women Love Jerks", and at least indirectly promoting being more of a jerk toward a gal? :)

A guy doesn't like a pushover girl, just like a girl doesn't like a pushover guy. It doesn't require a guy to be a jerk or a woman to be a b!tch... but at least to some degree many would prefer someone leaning on the jerk side than the doormat side. Folks want someone who can fend for themselves, make decisions, etc., and be a little spark... of course, sometimes that can get carried away lol

PS: This is Ask A Guy :)
 anyelina24
Msg: 3
A few wise words ?
Posted: 8/24/2011 7:45:49 PM
No , no ,,, it doesnt refer to the actual **** !! ,,,just as refernce . The **** = confident , super sweet , and calm collected woman ,,, but a woman who doesnt put up with bullshit , or be treated like a doormat !!. Clearly yur not a woman u wouldnt understand !!.
 Sisyphus76
Msg: 4
A few wise words ?
Posted: 8/24/2011 7:50:40 PM
...clearly. I was absent the day they taught how to communicate with random ascii characters.
 bo_dangles
Msg: 5
A few wise words ?
Posted: 8/24/2011 7:56:13 PM
Why is this posted under "Ask a guy"?
 abelian
Msg: 6
A few wise words ?
Posted: 8/24/2011 8:05:47 PM
but a woman who doesnt put up with bullshit , or be treated like a doormat !!. Clearly yur not a woman u wouldnt understand !!.

Well, I'm not a woman and I understand it. In fact, what I wrote in my profile was that I preferred women who were b1tchy and who didn't put up with any bullshit. Note: that is not the same as a woman prone to histrionics or bipolar disorder.
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 7
view profile
History
A few wise words ?
Posted: 8/24/2011 8:23:57 PM

Why is this posted under "Ask a guy"?

I was just about to ask the same thing.
But the OP's 'You are not a woman so you just would not understand' comment pretty much says it all.

Not that bright. Look if we would not understand then why start the converstaion with a bunch of men??

It is common behavior from the type of woman that would need to read this sort of book though or get this sort of information solely to attract a man. How about have a backbone, some self respect and stand up for yourself for YOU, not simply as a dating tool.

Sigh...
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 8
A few wise words ?
Posted: 8/24/2011 8:26:15 PM
But wait a minute,
some of us don't love ****ES.
Sleep with em certainly if they are drunk and full of themselves.
But love?
no.

We save that for the more angelic and pure.
Don't confuse our guy fun
with our ultimate guy goal.
:-P
 FrankieSayRelax
Msg: 9
view profile
History
A few wise words ?
Posted: 8/24/2011 8:27:48 PM
I believe it's posted under "ask a guy" because women can't POST under "ask a girl"....(I've tried.)
 mrmisterme
Msg: 10
view profile
History
A few wise words ?
Posted: 8/24/2011 8:31:38 PM
I'm still waiting for the few wise words.
 Tim0066
Msg: 11
A few wise words ?
Posted: 8/24/2011 8:35:54 PM
"I know its true... because I read it in a book once..."

Lets be nice to this "wise" woman with words of wisdom for us "simple men"...

...who didn't care that this was the "ask a guy" forum... she doesn't seem to think we're smart enough to actually answer any question she might ask because she's much wiser then the men who post here...

Ironic to not have a single "?" < thats a question mark btw... in a forum called "ask a guy" but then... when you're all wise and knowing you have no need for that particular punctuation huh...

OP; I do not need a book to tell me why I date the types of women I date.

We can joke (and I've used the word in the way you meant it myself at times) and say we like b itch es... but why not be complimentory and use terms/words like "bold, strong willed, high self esteem, mature, independant and confident" instead of a derogatory word such as the B word? Hmmm?

Or would that be too wise for us "simple men"?

Me thinks OP should expand her social circle a little and find out not all men can be lumped into a catagory or a few chapters of a book... we're much more complex then you think.

FYI: "Men are, womens equals"

BTW OP I haven't read the book, I have no intensions of reading it... and you don't need to post an advertisement in this forum in order to "educate" us simplemen.
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 12
A few wise words ?
Posted: 8/24/2011 8:51:41 PM
personally I think all women should be ****es. Reason being, they have strong personalities, dont put up with crap, are not weeping willows, and usually know what they want in life. Im proud to be one and when ppl call me one I say THANKS I KNOW!!!

its almost an honor to be A HAPPY ****, not a nasty one and there IS A DIFFERENCE. A f-ing **** is the ones you stay away from, those are the ones who will tear you apart and have nasty attitudes.To desribe myself, im strong willed, not a doormat, a go getter, and not someone who will stand in your shadow. I will put myself out there for all to see, take charge and some ppl will call me a B for it but so what? That perfectly ok, it means to ME that i went from being a passive mute to blossoming into a rose over these past few years.

Men are attracted to a woman who has a positive personality, and who is happy in thier own skin and I am.

I hope im making sense to others. LOL.. i went to toastmasters and chioces and learned to make it todays world as a woman you have to be a **** haha!

christ on a crutch
Msg: 13
view profile
History
A few wise words ?
Posted: 8/24/2011 11:47:18 PM
op just wrapped up the last chapter, feels the fire in the belly and is here to put us in our place.
 anyelina24
Msg: 14
A few wise words ?
Posted: 8/25/2011 4:34:52 AM
Allow me to clarify ,,,, **** = a girl thats confident , secure in her skin , who wont ut up with bullshit from any man !!. **** its just a reference !!.
And as far as yur comment goes ,,,, about the type of woman that would read this book . dont assume and stick me in a category just cause i stated my opinion . Lame very lame .
 anyelina24
Msg: 15
A few wise words ?
Posted: 8/25/2011 4:36:57 AM
Directed to women ,,, But here it goes ,,,, Dont allow men to disrespect nor treat you like a doormat .
There ,,,
 anyelina24
Msg: 16
A few wise words ?
Posted: 8/25/2011 4:42:07 AM
Makes sense to me . Thanks for posting this .
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 17
view profile
History
A few wise words ?
Posted: 8/25/2011 4:43:33 AM
I approve.

I approve, because

1. the OP is pleased about herself, and people who are pleased about themselves usually don't waste time harassing me.

2. who ever WROTE the book, and got it published, and managed to sell a bunch of copies, thereby created paying jobs for a whole passel of my fellow peasants. Whether the book makes sense or not, or is saying the same damn thing that such books have said before isn't the important thing. My fellow peasants are feeding their children. Good show!

As to the logic of posting HERE, because Ask A Girl blocks women from starting a post, that makes no sense. This could have been posted under a number of other categories, and been JUST as useful there.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 18
A few wise words ?
Posted: 8/25/2011 4:50:36 AM
Not to sound like a ***** but my reading leans towards great works of literature, not how to..blah blah blah.

I find most "relationship" books make people boring "quoters" of relationship gurus advise they don't understand.

You are formed in your character young..It takes more than a few volumes of "wisdom" to enlighten you..

There are no footprints on my back..but thanks.
 cedar77
Msg: 19
view profile
History
A few wise words ?
Posted: 8/25/2011 5:43:07 AM

This is for all the ladies on this God forsaken site. Recently one of my best friends suggested i read this book : WHY MEN LOVE ****ES. And I have to say hands down , the book its really amazing . It spoke to me like no other book ever had .
Its made me realize how dumb and silly we sometimes are, and the many mistakes we make while dating , in relationships and more .
I totally recommend it !!.

Written by a woman ? or a sell out guy ?

Women love to pretend that guys luv b*tches ,
that way they can justify their b*tchiness .
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 20
A few wise words ?
Posted: 8/25/2011 7:17:13 AM
I'm still waiting for the few wise words.

Ok, here they are:

Some PEOPLE may need to read a book like that to realize that they DON'T have to act PC and with the Queens manners constantly, in every life situation that may come up..

Being confident within yourself to be able to express your actual true feelings, whatever they may be in the moment and appropriate to the current context is critical..

No need to always act like a ****H, but to be able to hold your own when challenged is always better than acting like a meek little churchmouse and getting stepped on..
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > A few wise words ?