Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What if you're just not interested ...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sj7
Msg: 1
What if you're just not interested ... Page 1 of 1    
So I'm chatting with this one fellow online and I'm not sensing any online chemistry and I wasn't really enjoying the convo ... how do you let the person know you're not interested to take it any further online without appearing to be a real b**** ?

I don't want to send mixed messages but I don't want to be rude.

I don't know if this thread is out there as I didn't do the search so ... forgive me if this one already exists, I'm rather tired as it's been a long day. :)
 --Zen--
Msg: 2
What if you're just not interested ...
Posted: 8/27/2011 2:09:53 AM
If I find conversation boring I stop talking. Simple concept one would think
 MaskedNobleman
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/27/2011 2:14:35 AM
I hit the "X" and go back to making my time machine.
 unclezeus
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/27/2011 2:20:18 AM
I'm not sensing any online chemistry

Your relationship is not going to be "Online". You need to meet the guy in person to "Sense" him.
If its just all wrong, then you just log off .

how do you let the person know you're not interested to take it any further online without appearing to be a real b**** ?

You log off, and go to bed. At this point you should not give a damn what he thinks of you.

Don't get into the habit of taking things "Further" online. The object is to meet as soon as possible. Deal with the reality, not the makebelieve.

I don't want to send mixed messages but I don't want to be rude.

Don't worry about coming across rude. You don't want to waste time on line. So, just tell him , "Lets meet tomorrow at -place- at -time.
If he has a baby fit, drop him.
 MsMuscleChick
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/27/2011 3:55:32 AM
Online chemistry??? LOL Log off, stop sending e mails or whatever. Find someone with things in common and meet in person.
 Luke_Mpls31
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/27/2011 4:06:20 AM
If you're not interested then say so?
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/27/2011 4:28:44 AM
I ignore/delete if online.
In person..

I say not interested........... My GF is a body builder and REALLY can go off .

When young I had fun with it.

I suggest having fun. GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!
 Luke_Mpls31
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/27/2011 4:32:35 AM
You said your GF was a bodybuilder? lol
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/27/2011 5:12:19 AM

You said your GF was a bodybuilder?

Yeah..don't make me get her on here.

That WOULD make you go away RIGHT????????????

Tay........and it didn't hurt your feelings.
 SunDevil_in_SC
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/27/2011 6:16:39 AM
Well OP, what I would probably do is just say online/or e-mail, "I'm just not sensing any chemistry here, but I wish you the best in your search." I'd do it just so that the she wasn't wondering what the heck happened to me, and frankly I'd want to treat others the way that I would want to be treated myself. Yeah, the initial e-mail would hurt a little bit (who likes to be rejected?), but I'd appreciate the consideration.

However, as others have mentioned, the on-line world works differently than the real world, so there no "law" about dropping conversation/not replying out of the blue either. However, you note, "without appearing to be a real b****," which insinuates that you might be concerned about it - with that in mind, I'd probably write the e-mail for your own piece of mind. (I'm sensing that it may tug at you ... if I'm misreading this, then disregard altogether) Then, if he gets rude to you, then block him.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/27/2011 8:21:02 AM
""Not having online chemistry"" gosh- is that a red flag??????
 Steve7066
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 8:21:45 AM
Have to say that I am a bit put off by today's standard of being social, albeit even online! What did you do before online dating if you found someone uninteresting. Were you truely rude in ignoreing them, being sarcastic, or when did you feel it was crossing the line when someone else became a b****?

Guess my point is most men are not going to be put off, start ranting, or worse because you politely tell them you no longer feel interested in them.

In the day of goin to bars, it wasn't unusual to speak, dance, and even enjoy an evening attentions from a yound lady only to ask for a date and get the response that she wasn't interested in me that way. Granted other men might have some response like "tease", "b****", or worse as there were always the "a**" of a group. But you always had respect for an woman who had the personality to tell you straight up how she felt.

Guess we live in another age, but still have respect for a woman I feel attracted to who is straight with me from day one. There was a serious need for the slogan "no means no"! Maybe it isn't as necessary, but think the new slogan should be "just say so".
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/27/2011 10:19:39 AM
You say:

"I've enjoyed chatting with you, but I don't feel there's enough mutual interest to pursue an acquaintance. Best of luck to you."

You then log off. Easy Peasy.
 kmxplore51
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/27/2011 11:40:13 AM
There are really only three universally mystyfying and deeeeeep questions that have stumped humanity for ages. The other two have to deal with Einstein's theory of relativity and whether God exist.
 jblack187
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 12:01:41 PM
"You seem really nice/cool/sweet but I don't think you're my type. You shouldn't have any trouble finding someone though" and leave it at that.
 Dorkvader27
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/27/2011 12:29:27 PM
Okay well rejection is something no one wants. but there are better ways to handle it.

You don't want to insult him. So saying things like there isn't chemistry or the conversations are boring are all going to be taken as insult. THE only way it wont is if he has mutual feelings but is just going with it.

This is how I reject women when I no longer have interest. Generally I throw in some compliments but the key part is "I really feel like we are better off just being friends."

It doesn't insult them and if I end up missing them or want to talk to them it's still an option.
 NotHereRightNow
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/27/2011 1:55:43 PM
this is what you say:
"I'm not sensing any online chemistry, and I'm not realy enjoying the convo. I'm not interested to take it any further online without appering to be a real b..... I dont want to send mixed messages but I dont want to be rude."
oh wait, that was your question...
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What if you're just not interested ...