Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > what are some of the times you most miss a relationship-not the obvio      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 southmeetswest
Msg: 1
view profile
History
what are some of the times you most miss a relationship-not the obvious onesPage 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
i would like to know some of the times/events that you most miss having a relationship. not the more well known ones (i guess i am sex as being one of the well known ones). i don't cook alot but when i do i find that i always think how nice it would be to be sharing this meal with someone else. of course i am thinking that the other person would totally love it! tonight i cooked chicken, onions, mushrooms, and butter beans, sauteed in olive oil, simple seasoning, salt and pepper. served it over brown rice. added a glass of wine. it was yummy. and then i had that feeling of missing a partner to share it with.

i must say however, that if a partner depended on me to cook all the time it would be a disaster!

do others have certain times/events that they feel the missing of a partner more acutely? and what are thos times?

kaylee
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 2
what are some of the times you most miss a relationship-not the obvious ones
Posted: 8/27/2011 5:00:12 PM
tonight i cooked chicken, onions, mushrooms, and butter beans, sauteed in olive oil, simple seasoning, salt and pepper. served it over brown rice.

Darn, now ya got some of us bachelors thinking about that yummy home-cooked food!

do others have certain times/events that they feel the missing of a partner more acutely? and what are thos times?

After a day out in the wilderness huntin big game, woulda be kinda nice to come home to a nice ready meal and massage..
Today was a 6 mile hike, didn't see any game other than birds, and the other 23 people on the hike..

Went to a local high-society Social this week, would have been a little less comfortable without a date.. Maybe I wouldn't even have gone.. one of those rare events for me..
 _shakti_
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/27/2011 5:01:37 PM
Yeah, you usually hear the quintessential, sharing a bed with someone.

I like my space, especially when it's hot, so that one's not tops for me, lol..

Like you mine involves the kitchen.. I think I most miss cooking with someone.

Pillow talk is kinda nice too though :)
 mariacba
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/27/2011 5:03:46 PM
I miss a relationship when I have to attend wedding parties alone. Some men have the bad taste od leaving their wives alone and invite me to dance..
Fortunately not all the parties are like this, in some of them I really enjoy them.
But better to be alone .....if you don't have the right partner. At least you have freedom to find him at any time.
regards
maria
 southmeetswest
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 5:06:07 PM
hey tall,

your comments about thinking about a home cooked meal made me think of my deceased father. i learned to cook in south louisiana and he loved the things i cooked. a visit always included cooking just for him.

on the other hand i miss man grill cooking. not a big meat eater but love a good steak on the grill. alot of guys have that down to an art.

kaylee
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/27/2011 5:11:11 PM
Just hanging out.

Come up with ideas and plans.
Sitting outside in the evening and discussing new things to create.
Some one to share dreams with.
 southmeetswest
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 5:15:56 PM
oh yes, sitting some evenings (when it cools off) and talking or not, letting the end of the day come. i forgot about that one. it has been so hot here in south carolina that being outside is not an option.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/27/2011 5:20:33 PM
Family time. All of us laughing at something together.

Touching. Cuddling. Hearing her breathing at night beside me.
 carolann0308
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 5:26:53 PM
When I got divorced the one thing I missed (and it was not the Ex) was someone to talk to if I woke up in the middle of the night.
 Revilors
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/27/2011 5:27:50 PM
Yesterday...finally...I decided to do some of the things I enjoyed as a couple. I went to an auction, a flea market, the park, the humane society and a farmers market. Just not the same. It's all kind of like watching a movie...all by yourself...you never laugh out loud by yourself.
 TDH49
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/27/2011 5:40:52 PM
Listening to rain pounding against the window late at night, half asleep, and cuddling.

Going to the farmers market on sunday.

Arguing(playfully of course) about who gets what section of the New York Times on Sunday. Trying like hell to complete the crossword puzzle in said sunday paper. Something we never did accomplish without cheating.

Cooking together.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/27/2011 5:41:35 PM

It's all kind of like watching a movie...all by yourself...you never laugh out loud by yourself.

That too shall pass.. That self-consciousness of expressing your feelings by yourself.. I can laugh out-loud at good comedy/parody scenes & not be too concerned with what others think..
There are women out there that may accompany you on those activities, actually a good type of "first meet" event so find some that share those interests and GO..
 Tim0066
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/27/2011 5:43:47 PM
On the 4th of July most of all... every year that I've been single and its coming up I get a weird feeling of loneliness and tell myself this is the last year I go without someone sweet to snuggle up on a blanket with and watch the fireworks... and year after year I sit on my porch listening to them from a distance only seeing the flashes on the skyline from the next town over or accross town... damn does it suck the big one.

New Years Eve isn't anywhere near as bad but it still does sink in that I'm still looking for the right girl to be happy with.

Don't get me wrong I've had a couple years in the past where I had a "so called" girlfriend during those holidays... but I seem to pick the worst possible girls to ask out and they say yes... probably because they're flippin psycho in the first place and is why they said yes to me

Some day... Boom Boom Boom! Mmmmm (((hugs)))

I sound way too optimistic huh?
 moraima
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 5:52:54 PM
"Just not the same. It's all kind of like watching a movie...all by yourself...you never laugh out loud by yourself."

When I first became single, I felt that way. Took quite a while to become comfortable enough with being single. Then I could laugh my head off at something funny in a movie. To begin with I had a hard time sitter through a movie when I was by myself. That did pass, and now I am thrilled that I can enjoy things when alone.

I love to cook. Must admit that to begin with I didn't cook near as much. Today I cook myself a fancy meal just for myself, and I no longer yearn for anyone to share it with. Eating alone gives me wonderful leftovers for the next day.

Now there is nothing that I miss. Thank God I have reached that point in my single hood. No jumping into a relationship just to have someone to share things with for me.
 SC67
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/27/2011 5:53:31 PM
ahhh...this thread makes me feel really single & a little sad, but I'm gonna answer. I love cooking for a man, cooking together is romantic (but he doesn't always have to help). I'd really like someone to sit with me while my daughter cheers at football games. It gets really old always walking in by myself, sitting by myself. I don't mind the holidays 'cause I have a fantastic family, but I'd really like to feel special on my birthday & Valentine's Day. I am an independent woman & happy to stay single until I meet the right person (if they exist), but I am still a woman & like the girly stuff.
 southmeetswest
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 5:59:35 PM
i didn't realize this thread would make people feel so sad. when i speak of feeling that way tonight, it was fleeting. not something i dwell on. i have been single for 5 years so i have adjusted to alot and am quite happy. but reading the responses has made me sad too. for those who have not been alone a long time, it will get better over time.

is there a way to delete a thread?

kaylee
 Lainee123
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/27/2011 6:17:41 PM
The closeness and sharing together at the end of the day. Snuggling, holding hands, stolen kisses, going to the store together, having a towel laid out for you, cooking together, taking a drive, listening to music, watching a fav show, the sparkle of his eyes, working outside together, watching him walk across the parking lot, kissing, waking up and him being there, sharing food off the same plate, just a few of the things I miss and there is alot more.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/27/2011 6:23:21 PM
It'd be nice to have someone else push the grocery cart. Midnight runs to Timmies. Thunder storms. Crossword puzzles. Hockey and football games on tv. Book stores. Making meals. Ice cream.

It's always nice to have a co-hort to keep you out of trouble.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/27/2011 6:26:21 PM
is there a way to delete a thread?

It's a valid relationship thread, actually makes some people think and feel a bit..
Ok people, if you MISS having someone, GET OUT tonight and mingle with your local social groups !! (gotta go now and take my own advice)
They're NOT gonna be knocking down your door unless it's firemen on the East Coast!
 unclezeus
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/27/2011 6:28:17 PM

and then i had that feeling of missing a partner to share it with.

Then invite your girlfriend over.

If you're daydreaming of a guy as a "partner" he isn't missing anything, but if you were to daydream of him as someone intimately special to you, a lover, or husband, then he would be missing sharing that with you.
 SC67
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/27/2011 6:32:34 PM

They're NOT gonna be knocking down your door unless it's firemen on the East Coast!

That actually doesn't sound half bad!
 southmeetswest
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 6:37:56 PM
uncle
i was thinking in terms of someone intimately special to me, a lover, etc. i was just using the word partner instead.

kaylee
 Perigee123
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2011 6:42:14 PM
I'll let my favorite band speak for me -
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkk0ar_things-i-miss-the-most-steely-dan_music
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/27/2011 6:47:42 PM

Family time. All of us laughing at something together.

Touching. Cuddling. Hearing her breathing at night beside me.

The family time one is a tough one. I simply regeared my concept of what constituted my family- it was my self and my children. They're grown and have been out of the house for 10 years and I still miss it, so we have family dinners and get together's when we can.

When I got divorced the one thing I missed (and it was not the Ex) was someone to talk to if I woke up in the middle of the night.

Yes. This happened to me recently. Not wanting to tell the ex- just would have been nice to have someone around. We all know we just deal with it on our own ;)

I miss having a good, intimate ( in that I really know a person) conversation with a guy,,,other than guy friends. An SO.

The little shared things thoughout our days and nights.
 x_file
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/27/2011 6:49:58 PM

When I'm really horny.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > what are some of the times you most miss a relationship-not the obvious ones