Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What’s up with all the Beards and Mustaches?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 vibrantshe
Msg: 1
What’s up with all the Beards and Mustaches?Page 1 of 1    
I’m wondering why so many mature men have beards and mustaches, when you rarely see younger men with them. I have taken a small survey with several of my women friends and we all concur; beards and mustaches usually make men look older. I also notice a lot of older men who are grey with beards look like Santa Clause. Are there a lot of women who are attracted to Santa in that way? Please let us know why you like having a beards /mustaches.
 *army mom*
Msg: 2
What’s up with all the Beards and Mustaches?
Posted: 8/29/2011 8:25:33 AM
Well, I'm not a guy, but my opinion -- for what it's worth ... When I was younger, I thought facial hair was kinda sexy ... not the kind that looked like Santa or those moustaches that looked like they may have swallowed a small furry rodent ... just nicely trimmed. As I've gotten older, I find I'm less attracted to facial hair because it does make most men look years older. Sometimes I can tolerate a closely-trimmed goatee, but never a full beard. I still find chest hair sexy ...
 TDH49
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/29/2011 8:36:10 AM
What I really don't get is the mature women with mustaches and beards.
I met a woman once who had a full blown fu manchu mustache going on. We met at Starbucks and she got some foam from her latte on her upper lip. I just could not think of a polite way to say to a woman "You have some foam in your mustache". So I sat there in my seat until she figured it out herself.
 Hudsonview10960
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/29/2011 8:59:06 AM
It is all about timing.

I had a beard and mustache when I went on my first date with my former girlfriend. After our dinner, we came back to my place and started making out. 1/2 hour into kissing, she said: if you want to kiss me again, you are going to have to shave off your beard and mustache.

I went into the bathroom right there and then and shaved. Been clean shaven since.
 Kitten189
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/29/2011 10:03:15 AM
Op,i love men with beards and moustaches IF it suits them - they can look damned sexy.

But,of course,some men look better clean shaven.

It really does depend on the mans' face,imo.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2011 10:43:31 AM
I had one for a while, several times in my life.

When I was very young, it was because I wanted to be Zorro. I thought it looked cool. I shaved it off one day in my twenties, because I got tired of tending it. It's more work to have groomed facial hair than it is to just shave.

When I was breaking up with my wife, I grew it because I knew she hated it. Then when I discovered I needed to start looking for a new job, I followed my brother's advice, and shaved it off to look less old.

I'm ticking with the shaved version for now, until I get a better job at least. If I get lucky, and find a woman who I want to be with, who prefers me fuzzy, I'll gladly get fuzzy again. If not, then not.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/29/2011 11:43:26 AM
Here ya go: http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts12765246.aspx

That said, I adore men who have facial hair. EXCEPT for goatees. Or worse: a goatee with a shaved head. However, anything as superficial as hair style, placement, and color can be worked around, overlooked, or even enjoyed. And NONE of it is *my* call. I certainly wouldn't cut or color my hair for a guy. And only one male in my entire life ever thought he had voting privileges, and he's an ex.

Thanks for pointing this out. Seeing as we already have a thread on the topic well under way - please feel free to contribute to the above thread by simply clicking HERE.

Thread Closed - Redundant. Please do learn to use the Thread Search Utility.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What’s up with all the Beards and Mustaches?