Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > i made a date and got stood up      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lonerider10
Msg: 1
i made a date and got stood upPage 1 of 1    
this not about self pity. i made a date for coffee friday night 9/2/2011 on the chat. who ever this was invited me. the chat was a lot of fun with us having a lot in common. she asked how many dates i had been on. i have been a member for 2 years but i got divorced 2 years ago and did not feel the time was right till now. she told me to ask her for a date so i did and she accepted.. she gave me her phone number, the address of the coffee house and said we would meet there at 5:00. i was there early and waited an hour. i tried to call her to see if i got the time wrong. no answer 3 times so i gave up.
i tried to message her on the site but she has me blocked. i 'm not really sure who i was chatting with. i think her profile is bogus. what can be done? i will not let this experience deter me from finding a true love. but i feel this person should be checked out. i don't k now what else to say. some advice would be welcome.
lonerider10
 Detectorman1976
Msg: 2
i made a date and got stood up
Posted: 9/3/2011 10:55:52 PM
hey man I feel for ya. Alot people on this site lie their asses off..

If you are serious about internet dating I would be on eharmony or match.com...They represent a larger section of the population
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/3/2011 11:05:08 PM
Maybe she read your other post? Scripta manent. ( I'm kidding! )

So, you got stood up. So did I. Never mind it's not lethal, get over it!
Maybe she drove by for a scan, and you were not athletic (or whatever) enough.

RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/3/2011 11:48:52 PM
Lonely rider - You're a LONG ways off from finding true love.
After you get good and mad you'll learn how to set up a first meeting in a nice but businesslike way, and then you both decide if you want a real date.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/3/2011 11:56:50 PM
OP - everything i just read showed you let the woman control you and wear the pants...

so why would you expect her to not act like man ?

clearly she did not respect you and you gave her no reason TO respect you.

try to act like a man from now on and don't let girls set things up.

you are the man.

you lead.

ps you called 3 times ?? really ???
 sj7
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/4/2011 1:03:04 AM
another one bites the dust .. .

She obviously wasn't the right one and there is obviously somebody better out there.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2011 4:49:52 AM
eharmony and match.com?

Don't make me laugh. They just spend more on advertising. And Match, at least, pads their site with lots of fake profiles, in order to fool people into paying to get fake messages from said fake profiles. They are infamous for that.

Eharmony doesn't allow honest separated people to even look(only liars are accepted), so who knows how valid any of their paid-advertising claims are real. I consider THEM to be consciously dishonest, because they offer you the OPTION to select that you are separated while you are filling out a sign up form, but don't tell you until AFTER they have all your data (to sell for profit to advertisers) that they consider you to be scum.

I'm not a POF advocate per se, but as someone said, ALL dating sites have the same mix of people on them. Some are real, some are fake, some are ready to do what they say, some aren't.

And I got stood up just as much BEFORE the internet was invented as after, so the fact that it was online didn't make anything different either.
 Janet_Always
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/4/2011 5:31:34 AM

but i feel this person should be checked out.

There's nothing in the rules here that dictate you must follow through on all scheduled meet-ups...

some people are cowards, fakes or flakes.

It happens.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/4/2011 5:56:21 AM
Join the crowd.

Laugh it off, learn your lesson and move on!
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/4/2011 6:00:40 AM
getting stood up isn't particularly rare. there's not a lot you can do about it. i noticed she anticipated your anger and pre-emptively blocked you, lol. i'd say she's had a bit of practice standing people up. move on.

you waited an hour?? gawd that's way too long.... i wouldn't wait more than 15 minutes for somebody to show up, IF i could not reach them by phone. if i could, might wait a little longer.
 SusieQ_TX
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2011 9:32:44 AM
Good to know on the front end that the person has "problems". I had a similar type experience and after my initial reaction, much like yours, I decided to thank God that I had dodged a bullet.
 mrmisterme
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2011 9:55:39 AM
She told you to ask her for a date? So she "no shows" and then blocks you....either you got conned or she was nearby, saw you and decided not to carry through.
 brad29483
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/4/2011 11:00:34 AM
Getting stood up is just part of online dating, screen better next time.
 Terramay
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/4/2011 11:04:02 AM
Some people are just on this site for sihts and giggles. Its awful to lead people on like that of course but everyone has had this happen to them. Theres always someone better out there.
 Dorkvader27
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/4/2011 5:44:36 PM
Never had that happen before. But who knows did you call her before the date to confirm? I wont meet someone unless I've talked to them on the phone a few times...

This kind of thing is going to happen and you can not take it personally it's just dust on your shoulder brush it off and move on.
 christielove1971
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/4/2011 6:38:32 PM
Standing someone up is rude, but it's not a crime. Why should she be checked out? Because you feel foolish for being lied to? $hit happens. Move on.
 faith_____
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/4/2011 6:41:48 PM
what I have learned cause I have been stoop up from people I know in IRL. Is that

A: do not text them continue to act like you don;t care.

B: Never give them a second chance. I mean you can.. but I'd advise not to.

C: Move on.

People will do this. You just know there not worth your time and move on. and even though you may have feelings or whatever.. you're not the problem they are and feel sorry for the next person to go for that train wreck.

Not worth a post, They aren;t worth anything at all.
 home_osorio
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/4/2011 6:53:41 PM
it's either she saw you at the coffee shop then bailed out. or she never went there because she got cold feet.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > i made a date and got stood up