Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What's your strange addictions or quirks?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 razsharper
Msg: 1
What's your strange addictions or quirks?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I really like the TLC show Strange Addiction. The people on there fascinate me like the couch cushion eater, dead husband ashes eater, thumb sucker, & much more.

One of my quirks is making sure I'm in a parking space perfectly. I would adjust my SUV multiple times just to be sure. Another is my fascination with adult thumb suckers (not in sexual way either). I'm thinking "how & why they do that?". I guess, my weird addiction is watching other people's stange addiction lol.

Anyway, I ask you POF: What are your strange addictions or quirks?
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 2
What's your strange addictions or quirks?
Posted: 9/4/2011 9:07:35 AM
Reading the forums
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2011 9:09:17 AM

Reading the forums
They're like crack man...

*taps for vein*

justagrlwithacat
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/4/2011 9:36:21 AM
I find myself pulled into watching that show too even though I try and resist it :)

no strange habits now. But when I was a little, 5 up to 7 r 8, i use to chew off bits of a certain blanket. I always covered with it when i slept at this one place and the rim around it had this material that almost tore off like paper...i guess from being old. I'd bite of tiny bits and chew it while falling asleep.
I'd also chew on tupperware cups because my canine teeth were too sharp. the lower cupboard had all these cups with chewed up rims. (I've had them shaved down since).
 _shakti_
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/4/2011 9:41:37 AM
Divination.

And I have too many quirks to list, lol..
 Smilingeyes10
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/4/2011 9:44:28 AM
I am a bit of a clean freak.... OK a lot of a clean freak!

That and reading the forums, lol

RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/4/2011 10:10:04 AM
I got bored with TV comedians,,,
There are people on this forum who will make you fall out of your chair,,,
My faves are Zeus, MuscleChic, coyote(too much acid?), C*wboy, BoonTown, and some more I can't remember. These people should put together a book.
I scan the posts and when I see those names, I read it.
Wonderful entertainment, and always fresh stuff!!
 kitkatathome
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/4/2011 10:17:10 AM
I like to play a biofeedback game, where I see how low I can get my pulse.....gawd..it looks so lame in print........
 InThePipe
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/4/2011 10:50:15 AM
My quirk is borderline psychotic. Have to look at my watch at 15:37
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/4/2011 11:27:23 AM
Chocolate.

Not one piece ... all of it.
The whole ****ing thing.

It's a bad addiction.
So I try not to have it in the house.
 OMGyaa
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/4/2011 11:47:30 AM
Bashing Bruins fans dreams.

Trying to be spotted by Lint Spotter.
 Welsh474
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/4/2011 12:01:01 PM
"One of my quirks is making sure I'm in a parking space perfectly." Geez, I look out my office window on to the main drag and watch folks park and I always thought that taking half a dozen trys at it just meant they were crappy drivers. Hhmmm, seems they are just "quirky", lol.

No strange addictions or quirks here.
 daynadaze
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2011 12:29:37 PM
I cannot watch that show, the stuff they eat makes me sick, and yes it's my own personal problem.

I have this touch of OCD (is that right?) and mostly I've conquered it. I no longer have to check to see if the door is locked 20 times or whatever I think I might have not done that I should. But I still have problems with odd numbers. I want everything even and luckily I'm so lazy that I don't get too involved in it but say the TV volume is on 13, I will have to change it to 12 or 14 no matter that 13 is perfect. I try to stop it, I know it's dumb and sometimes I can let it go but then it pops into my head and I have to change it. Really a stupid thing! I also bite my nails, it's gross, but pretty common, but I don't know what moves a person to want to chew on their own nails/cuticle. The other thing is I have to touch things, like fabric or leather or something soft, I love to runs my hands through something soft like fur. I'm always reaching out to touch things in a store, it's embarrassing.
 gypsysoul52
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/4/2011 12:30:37 PM
If I hear a piece of music I really like, I will play it continously, over and over again, it's like I get stuck in a rut, drives my kids nuts, lol!!!
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2011 1:01:47 PM
I'm addicted to trying to FIX everything. Hence the forum addiction. Sometimes my addiction proves useful, other times it drags me down, like all such.

I have succeeded in fighting off my relatively mild addiction to completing sets of things. I can now buy just ONE volume of a five volume set, if that's the only one I need.
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/4/2011 6:04:32 PM
One thing I do, it's not really a quirk, but more a dumb habit that makes me look like an idiot. Ever since my cat was a kitten she likes to smell my mouth. So when I'm near her I make a kissy mouth and she smells my lips, we're both "trained" now.
Sometimes when I'm around other people cats I'll do that by habit and of course their cat will just stare at me like "what the hell, fool". And I remember, oh yeah stop it I look like a moron.
Wow, I sound like a lame a$$ crazy cat lady now.
Sigh.
Stop your agreeing!
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/4/2011 6:07:16 PM
Oh God ... now I've gotten hooked on Chai Tea Frappuccinos!
 vnufall
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/4/2011 7:00:19 PM
i like to watch the shows about hoarding...lol. the worst it is the more fascinated i become. if they can't open the door to get into the house....i can't stop watching.
 MaskedNobleman
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/5/2011 1:35:22 AM
I despise the number 5. Anything ending in a 5 will drive me to the point of lunacy.

I'm a perfectionist. If I do something I want to do it perfectly or not bother at all. If something ends up with a lackluster conclusion I will scold myself for days at the result.

Very competitive. I hate losing. In fact, the last time I lost was April 26th, 2001. It was a heated bout of backyard soccer/European football. What an emotional rollercoaster that was.
 junipermoon
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2011 3:15:07 PM

I don't know if I'd call it an addiction but, I think I've got every book on Jack the Ripper in creation. I know the details inside and out, but if a new book comes out it gets read cover to cover within an evening or two.

that fascinates me too. i don't own any books about it, but i read everything i can get my hands on about the case. same with lizzie borden.

and shipwrecks. i've spent entire evenings reading about one shipwreck.
 carolann0308
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2011 11:32:27 AM
1 The forums
2 Baths in my giant tub-Friday night is White Burgundy and Lavender bath salts night at my house
3 Grilled cheese with ketchup
4 Shipwrecks-
(OMG me too Juniper. Been fascinated since I was a kid. Checkout 'MidShip Century' you can purchase art, china etc from decommissioned ships)
5. Missing people-I read their stories online
6. Man made disasters- dams breaking, train wrecks, fires
 gypsysoul52
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/7/2011 2:56:01 PM
Beachglass or seaglass....................and I'm not talking about the jagged pieces, but the ones that have been polished for over 50 yrs and up, by the wind, sand and water.

One of the places I go to is a little secret beach and there have been over 250 shipwrecks that have happened just a few miles from there and I have no doubts that some pieces I have found have been off those shipwrecks, beautifully polished, smooth as jellybeans!

Blues and greens and purples and reds and yellows, brown and whites, aquas and teals, and also pottery shards, beautifully smoothed over. And the terrain I have gone over just to retreive these pieces has been crazy, but ya know everytime I spot one of those pieces, I kid you not, my heart skips a beat, it never gets old, I get just as excited now as when I found my first piece!!

I have jars and jars of them and then I have a special place for all my favourite ones and the neat thing is I could tell you a story about each one of those pieces ,what season, where I found it, what the weather was like, what I was feeling, and how elated I was to find it!!

Yep...........I think that qualifies as an addiction, lol!!!
 Coyotefeller
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/7/2011 8:34:56 PM
Seems like I can foretell a traffic mishap
is about to happen 5 to 10 seconds ahead
of time. (not the ones that happen to me
though !)
If I have somebody with me I will say ....
"Watch that intersection up ahead
or that car"......and bang it happens.....that
weirds them out ! :)
Yet I can never foretell that my mild response
to an outright insult from someone else here in
the forums will be automatically deleted !!! wtf !
 five-marie
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2011 5:08:53 AM
I rock while I'm on the phone or anytime I'm forced to stand still. I rock when I first go to bed at night. If I'm not rocking I'm moving my legs constantly.
A man I was seeing told my kids this. They thought it was depressing/sad. A grown woman rocking herself to sleep. Pent up energy?
I used to do the "even number" thing another poster talked about when I was a child. Outgrew that thankfully, it drove me nuts!
Used to also listen to the same song over and over until my ex or kids hid the dvd.
I can't not watch Hoarders even though they make me so angry I want to slap them.
 Natgoat
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/8/2011 7:09:04 AM
'gypsy....' . . You should post photos of your glass collection..!!
I'm always tinkering with my 'Cat-walk'...!!
It even shows up in the Basement...the cats use it all the time..!!
I do wish that they wouldn't pull the insulation out of the joists, though..!!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What's your strange addictions or quirks?