Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > How to change my country setting?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IslandTeacher
Msg: 1
view profile
History
How to change my country setting?Page 1 of 1    
I just can't figure it out. I moved from Canada to Hong Kong. I went to edit my account but there is nowhere to change the country.

So tried to create a new POF account and it says Hong Kong is not one of the places I can set-up a POF account yet there are hundreds if not thousands of people on POF with a listed address of Hong Kong. I must be missing something?

Thanks,

Richard
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 2
How to change my country setting?
Posted: 9/5/2011 4:09:51 AM
You may not be in a country POF supports.

To change your country edit your profile. Scroll to the bottom and change the country. Remember to update the registration info.
 forum_moderator
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2011 5:17:19 AM
I just can't figure it out. I moved from Canada to Hong Kong. I went to edit my account but there is nowhere to change the country.

So tried to create a new POF account and it says Hong Kong is not one of the places I can set-up a POF account yet there are hundreds if not thousands of people on POF with a listed address of Hong Kong. I must be missing something?

2 things I need to address.

1) You can not have multiple accounts as per the user agreement on POF.

2) If what you post is accurate, it sounds like POF is no longer accepting new applications for members in Hong Kong. It is the only explanation I can think of as to why you see some users with Hong Kong as a location but unable to do it yourself. ---------------------------------------------------
edited to add: I manually checked the list myself and in fact I do see Hong Kong listed so that leaves me to wonder if you're just not looking in the right place. Either way, below are detailed instructions as how to update your country.

Directions to Change your Country

Go to edit profile.
Cursor down to the section called ESSENTIAL INFORMATION
You'll see a country section. Select Hong Kong as the country.
Then click update registration.
 IslandTeacher
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2011 1:21:21 AM
Thanks everyone

I feel kinda stupid but I just didn't see the essential information section where I could change the country - it was so easy. I could swear it wasn't there before though. When you update just the profile part it changes the screen and the lower options like the essential options are no longer there. Could be wrong and just missed it though.

Anyway, it works so thanks a lot.

Richard
 GaFlFun
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/27/2013 3:39:50 AM
Thank You, I had overlooked the country setting at the bottom of the page.
 Rybone12
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/27/2015 10:53:00 AM
Hi guys. The essential information doesn't exist when I click on edit profile. Does anyone know why? I'm trying to change my country to Canada but it doesn't give me the option. Does the phone app not allow it? Thanks!
 Cycling99
Msg: 7
where is the 'essential information' tab on POF
Posted: 3/29/2016 6:52:08 AM
1. Go to Edit Profile, make the desired changes at the bottom of the page, then click UPDATE REGISTRATION or your changes will not be saved!
2. Now scroll to the top of the page and change your State or Province, your City, and your Zip Code if necessary. -Scroll to the VERY BOTTOM of the page.

http://www.pof.com/suggestions_v2.aspx?section=4
 SweetNatureGuyed
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/31/2017 3:13:50 AM
:::UPDATE::: LOL

POF is quite a scam if you've not already figured this out. The phone app doesn't have the settings that you have when you log onto your computer or the website.
They are constantly taking away and changing things between the actual app and the website in an attempt to get people to pay for what they advertise as a 'free dating website '
I used to meet people all over the world however that has changed several times. As you used to be able to see who clicks on 'Wants To Meet You' and see that person's profile. Not the case anymore. Also, you USED to be able to search by Username, also that's disappeared as well.
Also, I do believe that Match.com purchased POF and sadly A LOT has changed other than the ownership. If you, like me have tried Match, it's a total scam more so than POF.
Back in the day POF USED to be a pretty cool site but just as Match they have reverted to Making up FAKE PROFILES, adding you as a favorite and Or sending FAKE messages to their members in order to grab their attention in an attempt to make them pay for what you thought was a free Dating Website for you only to never find that overly handsome guy or totally adorable girl anywhere. When you click on most of these FAKE people or profiles they say "Oh, BTW I can't receive messages here as I'm not a paying member follow me to XYZ.com and we can talk there and then 'POOF' they're gone without a trace.
It's all just a simple ploy to get you to pay for a few extra tweaks that really don't matter to a hill of beans.
If you Google The Lawsuit Against Match.com for misleading its customers with fake and misleading profiles you'll see exactly what I'm speaking of.
I've been on and off of POF as well as Match and it just keeps getting worse each time I get fed up and cancel my membership and decide to give it another try, same old crap and in most cases worse.
It probably won't be long before POF finds itself within the same type of lawsuits for unlawfully misleading its customers.
My advice is to make a profile, DO NOT PAY as it is truly a waist of time, sit back and see who messages you and if the person messaging you seems too good to be true, believe me my friends they ARE! Ladies and Gentleman if you're not convinced simply change your settings to where other members can't see that you've viewed their profile, change your settings for the evening and ladies take a look at the other female users and guys do the same to be able to check out some of the other guys profiles and check it out.
You'll probably have a better chance waking around your local Mall or visiting local restaurants in your area and if you see someone you're attracted to, just say hi and ask. "Pardon me Ms. or Sir, you wouldn't happen to be single would you as I just couldn't help but notice your beautiful smile?"
That is if she doesn't sport a tell tale ring on that ever tell tale left hand ring finger and you seem to just have that urge to say hello before this very REAL and Possible "Match" or "Fish" slips right through your fingers and you regret never attempting to make that move, RESPECTFULLY being the key word here. Also, ladies, you'd be totally surprised as to how flattering this is to a REAL man and this goes for you gentlemen as well even if she is taken, if you're respectful and sincere in your words, she will probably blush and be completely flattered as well.
Just don't put a lot of time into these Websites as I've done the research and believe me, it's not worth paying for these services. Just use them as they use you, or attempt to,
and simply make a free profile, be honest, polite and a gentleman or lady in your description and messages and sit back and see what happens.
If it's one thing I've learned, if a Lady or Gentleman wants your attention he or she will contact you and most women are 90% more intuitive and leary of creeps and weirdos than us fellows, A'hum, except for Myself, not bragging at all. I myself am a total researcher and LOVE knowledge and learning and simply refuse to be ripped off. I hope they don't delete this post before it reaches you guys as if there's one thing I SIMPLY CANNOT STAND it's someone unknowingly being taken advantage of.
Let's face it, its not easy meeting a potential mate these days with our constant 'on the go' lifestyle and that's why dating websites are becoming more and more popular and making a ton of money from unsuspecting honest people who turn to this medium to actually meet someone of substance and quality, and just as large corporations usually do, they just get more and more greedy and resort to just about anything to make you want to grab your credit or debit card just to see 'just what's on the other side if that fence made instead of a truthful experience but rather constructed of $$$ signs. Do your research and evaluate what I've said here and you'll undoubtedly see what I'm speaking of.
Also, one trick I've used to my advantage is when someone clicks on the 'Meet Me' button and you get that email, I'm sure you've heard of GOOGLE? Just simply take their Screen Name, type it into your browser, followed by POF, or just type in their screen name (SweetAndSeriousFemale) still a way to beat their crooked system that works, that is until GOOGLE DECIDES TO BUY POF. LOL
I hope this helps any of you guys and gals actually seeking someone SPECIAL AND REAL and actually being successful.
Just have fun with it and know WHEN and when NOT to take these guys multimillion dollar, usuall ripoff sites serious.
Wish You Guys The Best!
😉
 ForumLurker
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2017 5:55:40 AM
Nice rant.
 Di16
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2017 7:59:38 AM
How do I change my country ??
 peheaoe
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2018 7:13:19 AM
Yeah still not able to change my country... went from U.K. ---> US but can only change my post code and city on the app :(
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > How to change my country setting?