Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Ultra Match? Not paying sight-unseen. Sounds like vaporware. Free tri      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GmirkinM
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Ultra Match? Not paying sight-unseen. Sounds like vaporware. Free trial?Page 1 of 1    
Do you expect anyone to pay for membership to get access to Ultra-Match without seeing how it functions and/or whether they will in fact get any actual use out of it?

I've been on OKC for a while, and they claim to "do a great job matching," but rarely actually deliver on the promise.

How do we, as users, know whether or not your Ultra-Match function will deliver significantly better matching functionality than your regular matching, unless we are able to interact with it and see whether or not the matches would in fact be worth our time and, more importantly, our money.

I guess my point here, is that it would be nice if there was some kind of "free preview" function. Where maybe users were able to interact with the Ultra-Match, and see potential matches, thus compare them to existing matches and decide whether or not it would be fiscally worth their time to upgrade and get access to those matches? Or maybe, you could give a "free preview" with full functionality for up to 2-3 "contacts" and THEN ask people to upgrade to continue using the feature?

It's just hard to "window shop" the feature without being able to look in the windows or play with the merchandise. Claims of "you'll be amazed" sound pretty bogus / over-hyped until / unless someone actually gets to see it and verify. But I'm doubtful anyone wants to pay for a service sight-unseen. It SOUNDS interesting, but as a consumer, I'm leery of spending hard earned money on something I've not actually been able to look at, touch, feel, test, etc.

Just saying. For what it's worth. It would be nice if there was some kind of preview of the Ultra-Match system. Leaving it fully hidden seems like it would turn away more users than it would garner...

Best,
~MG
 GmirkinM
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Ultra Match? Not paying sight-unseen. Sounds like vaporware. Free trial?
Posted: 9/5/2011 8:41:35 AM
Call it a "suggestion," I guess?
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/12/2012 1:19:37 PM
Erm - I'm not a paying/upgraded member but suddenly I can get into UltraMatch. Any one know why ? Trial ? Extra Feature ? Glitch ?
 lightstar1
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/12/2012 1:28:11 PM
Mine's working for free as well - I'll try not to get too excited, the pics are all users that have viewed me before, or I have viewed, so basically it's a reprise.....................and the age selection doesn't appear to function either.........

Blah_User_Name
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/12/2012 1:43:38 PM
Mine also seem to be the same people who show in My Matches for free so no excitement here, was just wondering if there was a known reason why.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/12/2012 3:16:56 PM
^^^ Bwhahahah - quality. Maybe he set up his account whilst on day release.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/12/2012 3:48:02 PM

Just saying. For what it's worth. It would be nice if there was some kind of preview of the Ultra-Match system. Leaving it fully hidden seems like it would turn away more users than it would garner...

I was wondering why my feet where getting cold as it looks like your got your wish.

Though it probably a case of someone left a light on and no one checked.

Keep in mind that a small increase of a small chance is still a small chance, and any additional success that comes from these types of features is due to a combination of two factors.

1: The increased chance of a reply based on some math that only a few people could ever understand.

2: The increased confidence that it instills and the resulting actions being that you make more attempts.

So think of it like;

The math means the target is closer, but the increased confidence means you pull the trigger more, as it does not matter how good of a match she is, if you do not pull the trigger you will never know.
 forum_moderator
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2012 4:33:38 PM

Though it probably a case of someone left a light on and no one checked.

They should turn that light off quickly! and stop wasting energy :)

Scientific American, a well known and reputable publication, says BS ... not that we didn't know it already :) A good read ... for the unaware, or aware for that matter to lend credence to the BS.

Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/12/2012 6:40:08 PM

They should turn that light off quickly! and stop wasting energy :)

They could be testing for its effectiveness. (which I would speculate that is only measured in increased traffic / emails and nothing else, as those are the only two things that matter the cool side benefit is your customer is more successful, but keep in mind again, a big increase on a small chance is still a small chance).

Scientific American, a well known and reputable publication, says BS ... not that we didn't know it already :) A good read ... for the unaware, or aware for that matter to lend credence to the BS.

I have seen that before and it is an interesting look, but one thing I think they are not looking at, is this site was founded by a math genius who I would say is using a combination of a positive and negative based algorithm and has filed a Patent for his matching system.
 lightstar1
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/13/2012 8:49:30 AM
Msg 7 - I just did a quick run-through of Ultra Match and I've got 'a few extra pounds' ranging to 'thin' on there, so I strongly suspect the parameters of this feature (the age stuff is still wrong, as well).......a bit like 'meet me' - it would be good if it worked as intended.

Try narrowing your "ultra" matches on that page to say 2 years and online in the last 7 days - you would expect it to remain pretty static - try hitting the refine button and then watch a few users from the first row completely disappear and then come back ... or just move about in the list - seems fishy odd to me!

If the list is to be sorted by compatability as it claims - "These are your most compatible matches. This list is sorted by compatibility, so your best match will come up first. "

Why would some users all of a sudden disappear in one refresh and then come back? More evidence of vapour ware ... IMO

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Ultra Match? Not paying sight-unseen. Sounds like vaporware. Free trial?