Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Should they take away his million £.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whitey5.10.74
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Should they take away his million £.Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

Now it has come to light he lied about what his jail sentence was for should he be made to return the cash.
No. He has done his time and IMO won the money fair and square.

f they believed he was in prison for beating up a man and were happy for him to be included in the show what difference should the sex of that person matter if he served his sentence.
It should not matter, either you have a criminal record and are excluded from being given the chance of appearing on the show or you are allowed to appear, the circumstances of your previous conviction(s) should not matter.

I do not agree with people that hit women but is this not just sour grapes because a person with pre cons won big?
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Should they take away his million £.
Posted: 9/6/2011 12:31:58 PM

Bricklayer Nathan Hageman was previously reported to have been jailed for attacking his ex-girlfriend's boyfriend.
This is the story that is all over the media...

It has now been reported that the 31-year-old, from Reading, attacked a woman, thought to be his former partner.

Cannot seem to find anything to confirm this please can you cite something...

Either way his conviction is/ was spent... he did the crime and paid for it by doing time...

Its his and his money to do with what he likes.. he won it fair and square....

he should be allowed to keep it ...
 dub08
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/6/2011 1:13:47 PM
IMO No. As others have said he has done his time and the accepted him onto the show knowing that he had a conviction for assault. That the victim now turns out to be a woman and not a man doesn't make the slightest bit of difference.
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2011 1:18:00 PM
Thanks for that...

Are court documents and papers relating to cases private and confidential? I believe they are ,so how can they be used as evidence against him?

He still served his time... BEFORE he applied to go on the show .. his sentance was spent... He won fair and square..
 dub08
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/6/2011 1:42:12 PM
I would assume that he received his cheque the other night - I would have been straight down the bank to lodge it. So surely if he has been paid then they can't have it back!
 ZXTTTT
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2011 1:59:53 PM
He lied, send back to jail to finnish his time.

But seriously, we all tell the kids to tell the truth, then something like this pops up and the kids discover that if you lie, you can get lots of money. He did lie, set an example and take the money off him, and make big news of it.
 ZXTTTT
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2011 12:27:13 AM
His version was that he went to beat up a man at his home, who was threatening him and his family. He was convicted for agravated breaking and entering, and ABH to his ex, at her home. He also stole a ladder to get in a bedroom window. He was not convicted for the story he told, so, for what ever reason, he lied about his convition.
 Strider886
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2011 8:08:22 AM
All this because his victim was female.... Have you seen some of the women out of a weekend lately? You'd cross the street if you saw them coming!

We're at risk here of saying it's ok to commit crimes against one group, but if you attack another then you'll be punished.

If you commit a violent crime against a PERSON, then you pay the price, it shouldn't matter one bit what gender they were.

How do you ever obtain equality when you favour one over the other?
Equality when it suits us, that's what it really comes down to.

What if a woman won it and was later found to have beaten her husband? (yes it does happen)
Would we be kicking up a fuss over it? Don't make me laugh!!!!

So let's say you take his winnings away.... What about the next winners unpaid parking tickets? Where do we stop?????
 xxmistyxx
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2011 9:44:29 AM

He battered his current missus and put her in hospital with a brain bleed, but i'm sure she'll forgive him now though.

Thought it was previous girlfriend? or even previous girlfriends boyfriend? Is this a new allegation stating he has assaulted his current partner?
 ObjectStupidity
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/7/2011 11:35:20 AM
Regardless of what he did before winning the brass...

he has won it...

you lot havnt an thats that.....
 Strider886
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2011 2:20:27 AM

He's done his time, he won it fair and square.

It's amazing how much some people care about other people's lives.

Only if the "other people" have got more money.
 ZXTTTT
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2011 3:30:59 AM
You are all saying "it's because his victim was female" No, that's not the point, the point is that HE SAID HIS VICTIM WAS MALE . That was the lie.
 MikeWM
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2011 7:56:58 AM
I agree with the OP

If they were aware that he had been jailed for a violent crime and were ok with that I dont see how the gender alone should alter it really

This kind of indoctrinated inequality is so long past its sell by date its unreal.

Infact as its a competition rather than a job interview I really dont see what difference it should make what is in somebodies past as its wholly irrelevant in any contextual form

Its also a bit knee jerk reactionary to form ANY real opinion about the person based simply on the very minimum of facts. And without having sat through the entire trial or reading the entire transcript any conclusion is effectively worthless anyway

What next? Criminal checks before someone is allowed to have a driving test? Ride a fairground ride? Play pool? Have a go on the lottery? Be allowed to press the red button on their sky or cable box? Bet on a horse or sporting even?

this type of sensationalistic reporting is purely for the benefit of the non thinkers in society who seem to form their opinions based on what the media tells them they "should" think or feel about any given topic. The same people who will in many examples form the exact opposite opinion a week later if a similar story is presented in a different manner

I really do find this kind of drivelous story to be inane, irrelevant and completely unimportant
 MikeWM
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2011 9:43:20 AM
Tbh, looking at the myriad of additional aspects here what he claimed could be as true as not true

Its just far too easy for people to judge based on media brainwashed stereotypes

As a simple example of an alternative possibility just using the facts listed so far

Its quite possible that the ex was infact pushing the new BF to threaten or even physically harass him. We dont know that

Its possible he broke in to vandalise, they both returned and a confrontation ensued and the actual assault wasnt a deliberate action, but a consequential one

Theres a huge variety of different scenarios even if there are kids involved his ex actively trying to deny him any access with no reasonable grounds which is ALSO very prevaent in society but is downplayed

He could even have lied simply because he knows that rather than assault being assault people view it differently based on gender

We also dont know that his ex isnt twice the size of him

Infact we dont actually "know" very much at all except the programme directors thought it ok to have someone with an "assault" charge on the show who had served their time, then flapped like a fish out of water when the media got hold of the fact it was a woman rather than a man he assaulted

As the actual crime on the statutes is "assault" and not two crimes of "assault on a man" or "assault on a woman" the distinction isnt really that important

And as he wasnt applying for a job at a womens refuge, and was simply taking part in some inane TV show to entertain the drooling brain dead masses I really dont see why someones criminal past is in the slightest bit relevant to begin with

I think it just gives people a chance to vocalise their envy and jealousy rather than having to keep their green nasty voices contained insider their envious heads for a change

I wouldnt personally give a shit if he wont a hundred million and had been responsble for genocide. The two are IMO completely and totally unrelated incidents
 ~Hams~
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2011 10:10:00 AM
My view is that he should be allowed to keep the money even if he sounds like a bit of a scum bag.

ITV are at fault for letting him on the show in the first place and should have carried out better checks.

Have read in the paper today that 3 other contestants with criminal convictions have already been booted off since this scandal broke out!

I don't have any intention to watch it as I have heard that it is full of sob stories like in the X factor.
 pantsonfire
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2011 3:30:39 PM
This absolutely none of our business.. The people who are screaming for this man's monies to be taken away from him are probably the same people who had no problems with watching Eastenders and that bastion of society Leslie Grantham... Or perhaps Channel 4's Big Breakfast and that national sweetheart Johnny Vaughan.. there are others I'm sure but I can't be bothered with Google tonight..

Or does the fact that they were paid a weekly wage rather than a lump sum absolve them of their crimes?

The man paid his dues. The law is the law and not for us mere mortals to act upon as and when we want, to mould and remake according to our moral standpoint of the week. The law states he is a free and reformed individual and none of us has the right to argue that point..
 MikeWM
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2011 5:30:53 PM
Why should he?

That wasnt part of his sentence to forego any future lump sums or winnings was it?

If not, then once his sentence ended he had, like it or not paid for his crime

I am sure if the people bemoaning him is winnings had made a mistake in the past and people they knew kept constantly dragging it up claiming they should pay pennance for it endlessly they would be a bit narked about it and would claim that its in the past and should be forgotten

Funny how people can apply different measures to other people than they would want applied to themselves isnt it?

But I still believe that the REAL crux of this is just plain and simply jealousy and envy that he won tons of dosh, and they havent. And because they se him as a "lesser person" they just dont think thats fair

Nothing more noble, nothing more righteous, just plain old green eyed envy mixed up with a semi decent reason to spout acidic vitriol to disguise the jealousy

After reading this thread I REALLY hope the bloke manages to wangle his way onto some reality TV shows and becomes a z list celebrity for the rest of his life just to really get on peoples nerves lol

Now that would be funny
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Should they take away his million £.