Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > whats with the 3rd degree all of a sudden      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 justjte
Msg: 1
whats with the 3rd degree all of a suddenPage 1 of 1    
i've been having a lot of experiences where every is seemingly fine with a female. we have great conversations and seem to be on the same page about most things. but when it comes to actually meeting or going out, they are always too busy or they just stop returning msgs and calls and we gradually just stop talking.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 2
whats with the 3rd degree all of a sudden
Posted: 9/7/2011 8:38:07 PM
seemingly fine with a female. we have great conversations and seem to be on the same page about most things. but when it comes to actually meeting

UNTIL you actually meet, you can't even be sure it is a female.. Could be that gay neighbor of yours just pullin your chain.. Or maybe a 15yr old girl without any homework to do.. Or had fake pics..

Give a new local contact about two weeks and if they won't meet IRL within that time, they likely are NOT what they claim to be online...
 justjte
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/7/2011 8:43:51 PM
haha fair enough
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/7/2011 9:00:10 PM
A woman who is giving you the 3rd degree is drilling you with questions because she doesn't trust you.

A woman who is not returning your messages or calls and allowing your communication to taper off is simply not interested in you.

You're complaining about two separate issues. Which is it?
 justjte
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/7/2011 9:04:23 PM
ok so i named it the wrong thing. either way it just doesnt make sense. everything is seemingly fine and going soooo well and then all of sudden things go opposite way and fast. weird. just dont waste my time with me talking to you and getting to know you a bit
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/7/2011 9:18:10 PM
Tall nailed it right there, you don't know if its a female, some kid, some punk a swamp donkey, boo boo who knows? until you actually meet .. take everything with a grain of salt.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/7/2011 9:30:00 PM
everything is seemingly fine and going soooo well and then all of sudden things go opposite way and fast. weird. just dont waste my time with me talking to you and getting to know you a bit

I don't know what your conversations with these women were about, but if they suddenly went south, I'm venturing a guess (just from your subject title) that the women might have felt you were evasive when they asked you certain questions.

If you're getting defensive with them about it, perhaps that could be turning them off.
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/7/2011 10:11:52 PM
Great Conversation IM Transcript:

Him: ' Hey there.... '
Her: ' Hey to you :) '

Him: ' Hi there... '
Her: ' Well, hello ;) '

Him: ' Ho there... '
Her: 'ho?!? You ass!!!! '

IM app closed

Mickey Mouse strikes out again......
 scottey63
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2011 10:18:59 PM
I'm still trying to piece together a connection between your thread title and your post. The "3rd degree" is an intensive, rough interrogation. What does that have to do with women not wanting to meet you in person?
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2011 10:47:31 PM
Well whatever it is, it's you bro.
I am guessingthat the conversation is not going NEARLY as fine as you think that it is. If it happens constantly the the common denomenator here is you. Something that you are doing/saying or how you are coming across is not attractive.
 jrbrady
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2011 1:34:46 AM
You can generally get a sense of what a woman will NOT want to hear you say from her profile. Anyway, you probably just stuck your foot in your mouth and said something that was contradictory to your profile, or to a previous conversation... Or perhaps she just heard that 'line' before and it made her raise her guard. Women are mysterious creatures!
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/8/2011 3:34:08 AM
OP - Canam is spot on...took the words right outta my mouth...

its a fine line when we are trying to attract someone to be sure NOT to project our own desires, impressions of what we WANT onto the other person.

maybe you're doing all the talking, trying to impress too much.

maybe you're NOT really listening to how she IS actually responding...

if you are having the same/similar problem with all/most of the ladies you are interacting with, then YOU are the one who has the problem as it were...

so change things up a bit.

relax a bit.

don't be so eager.

listen more and assess a bit more.

take it easy.

cuz whatever game you have right now is not working the way you want ...
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/8/2011 4:30:07 AM

i've been having a lot of experiences where every is seemingly fine with a female.

NO it isn't................ even if it is a female.

Well whatever it is, it's you bro.
I am guessingthat the conversation is not going NEARLY as fine as you think that it is. If it happens constantly the the common denomenator here is you. Something that you are doing/saying or how you are coming across is not attractive.

^^^^^^^^^Agreed.

If most people had any clue as to how what they say and do came across to others WHOA!!
Dare suggest they may be the problem and they shut down..get defensive,
angry............. whatever ect ect.

MsMuscleChick
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/8/2011 4:32:36 AM
how is an IM being turned off the 3rd degree? You do not even know if it is a woman you are messaging with....LOL As far as calls..if someone doesn't call back maybe you are not making the conversation interesting.

Common sense, no?
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/8/2011 4:37:20 AM
just dont waste my time with me talking to you and getting to know you a bit

the third degree all of a sudden is yours, because you actually suppose that women should owe you something just for talking to you, and simply having a conversation with you creates an obligation. that's the only way you would have the unmitigated gall to say something like "just don't waste my time with me talking to you".

do yourself a favor. next time preface all your conversations with females with a warning: "don't waste my time with me talking to you unless you are going to eventually blow me."
 sj7
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/8/2011 11:21:34 PM
some girls are turned off by the so called hint of hot sex because of some of us believe it's only in the marriage bed. I've had a couple of rude encounters and have values when it comes to marriage, sex, and relationship .... so it's all dependent on the woman really. Are you here for a hook up or a relationship?
 geoffonpof1
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/9/2011 4:03:23 AM
The issue your having happens to alot of people,
It could have been something you had said during a conversation that threw up a red flag and have they have lost interest.
Someone else better has come along.
They are just bored and passing time, and have no intentions of meeting anyone.

" I've been having a lot of experiences" .............. Well its self explanitory its you not them.
Change your approach and you may actually meet them IRL.
 CuteAsianChick
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/9/2011 12:01:01 PM
I would explore your options to meet women besides online dating.

It could be the case, the girl likes you at first but decided after a few conversations, you guys weren't compatible or there was something about you that turned you off or she changed her mind and met someone who peaked more her interest.

Have no expectations off here....the less you look, the more likely you will find someone suitable. As for "3rd degree"....its called asking questions...women commonly do this as they have enough dating experience to know what they are and are not looking for in a partner...esp if they want long term. As you should be doing the same.

Good luck....I find that the best way to meet a good match is being yourself. If a woman stops contact because she thought you guys weren't compatible...better now than wasting each other's time in the future.
 4heavensharmony
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/9/2011 1:07:11 PM
well said Canam

... my guess, from reading these posts, is that he is not very aware ... not with himself and certainly not with "her"
i suggest that he may not be very discerning and just "want it" rather than taking the time to determine if there really is a good match.

i feel bad for him, as he won't get too far until he stops blaming everyone else
 Lolita_LeBron
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/9/2011 1:46:32 PM
Don't put too much stock in online dating. Much of what the other posters said is true. If you didn't get a first meet with any of them, imagine what would have happened if you did. In a case like that, not wanting a second date with you would be the real problem. Maybe it would you that decides that there couldn't be a second time around.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > whats with the 3rd degree all of a sudden