Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Tall women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pantsonfire
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Tall womenPage 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
6 footer here, six five in my favouritest shoes and no I don't/didn't /never have had trouble getting dates. Don't /didn't /never have cared about the gentleman's height either..

If he rocks my boat he can do it from whatever vantage point he happens to be able to reach. Oh and it has bugger all to do with feeling 'protected', a shorter guy with a taller girl usually has no confidence issues and is perfectly capable of getting all Neanderthal on your ass should you choose to be a numpty and cause his lady distress... *swoon..
 Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Tall women
Posted: 9/9/2011 4:30:28 PM
I have never found that height makes the slightest bit of difference when you are horizontal!
 surreall
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Tall women
Posted: 9/11/2011 9:31:55 AM
i must say i'm intrigued by the statement "i dont find tall women as attractive as shorter ones" can i ask what is so repulsive about tall women?, yes i qualify as one of these mutants that you so obviously fear, 5'10, 6'2 in heels and i always wear heels, as i dont have issues about my own height or other peoples, in fact i dont think I have never dated anyone taller than me.
 andy1961
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Tall women
Posted: 9/15/2011 2:59:58 AM

I was discussing this in the staffroom and was amazed to find out that a certain member of staff said although he found me attractive, he would be disinclined to ask me out because of my height, could this be a case of what my dad (6' 4") used to call Small Man Syndrome

My god woman! Get over yourself!

Possibly, it's also possible he found you unattractive in many other ways and thought mentioning your height as a factor would let you down gently.....Hardly amazing.

stonecastle
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Tall women
Posted: 9/17/2011 2:47:56 AM
I much prefer tall women to short women. I think that women of around 6ft in height are more attractive.
 MikeWM
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Tall women
Posted: 9/18/2011 4:38:04 PM
I "have" on a few occassions "seen" women taller than me, the tallest being 6'2" (I'm 5'11")

But I would be lying if I said I thought I could see myself having a serious relationship with one as I tend to be far more attracted to women around 5'0 to 5'6.

But that said I also couldnt say it was "impossible" just highly unlikely (excuse the pun)
 Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Tall women
Posted: 9/27/2011 4:25:49 PM
Don't be so negative - a tall woman is like a mountain that just needs to be scaled and then you stick your flag in it and sing rule britannia!
 Strider886
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Tall women
Posted: 9/29/2011 4:36:27 AM

I think a lot of women like men to be taller than them, it may have something to do with feeling safe and protected.

I think you'd find that really it's all about society and social influence, all the cliches and stereotypes that we grow up hearing every day..... "Tall dark and handsome" etc etc etc
Mens should be this, women should be that and anyone not who doesn't meet the stereotypes, they're just weird.

We are one of the very few species on the planet where on average the female is smaller than the male.... Kinda blows the "feeling safe and protected" theory out of the water imo.
 Strider886
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Tall women
Posted: 9/29/2011 5:50:25 AM

Whilst I totally agree with you, some people (men and women) set a different criteria between who they actually fancy and who they would be comfortable introducing to their friends and being seen in public with. It is this socially-influenced disparity that bothers most people who end up falling foul of it.

I'd rather be rejected because someone wasn't interested in me, not because of their concerns of what others might think.

Aye, been there..... Young lady was more concerned about what her friends thought, than anything else at all. The fact that when I met them, they were all stoned and drunk, didn't make things any easier. She expected me to get on great with everyone, but instead I found myself keeping a distance for sake of not wanting to go home smelling like a student accommodation.

I think this social influence is a much bigger driving force than any other across 90% (+) of the population.

The difference in criteria I can see in terms of women naturally being sexually attracted to the apparent "alpha male" type, but intelligent enough to realise that these guys are not a good place to go for a long term prospective partner.
(I may have mentioned this before)
 missprisee
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Tall women
Posted: 9/29/2011 7:28:37 AM
Despite the fact that I don't date guys, I have been out with a guy for professional purposes. Most are shorter than me, and when I'm in 3 inch heels, I tower (so I'm told across the High Court) at 6'3.

It's funny I should read this thread because in a chat room last night I was talking with a tall girl who was complaining about being rejected by a guy who said she was too tall.

One girl in this thread says it may be because it makes guys feel inferior, and this may well be the case. Mind you there is no shortage of 5 foot 2 to 5'3 girls around the UK. I am struggling to find girls over 5'6.

I do think men feel inferior around tall, and in my case assertive, articulate and knowledgeable women. All my life men have had issues getting on with me. It's been well speculated it's my hight, or my intelligence, or both.

Sorry, I don't play 'dumb blonde bimbo' well, although if you wish, pay for my acting classes and I'll learn how to please.

Guys do feel threatened and it's genetically programmed I'm afraid. There is scientific research done into this. It's not a 'concious' thought thing. When men see a tall woman they body temp and heart rate rises, as to cortisol levels and other factors. When they see a short woman, the heart rate rises but the blood flow is more sexual than stress. Cortisol doesn't increase.

So we can put it down to guys being shallow cause like always, they are letting their primal functions control their thoughts ... like that's unusual!

Try dating a tall woman, you might find in bed, you get the benefits! Use your imagination, if you can't work that out, then maybe you shouldn't be dating women!

Any tall girls in London who'd like to meet a tall girl, or any short girls, or any medium girls ... i'm not shallow!

xox
 missprisee
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Tall women
Posted: 9/29/2011 9:22:43 AM
Kirk nice punch line!

Except, my generalisation as expressed comes form my direct experience. It's not a generalisation of other peoples experiences. I had read the replies and I noted the experiences of others, however for the purpose of debate to look for common ground and hopefully a consensus, I chose to limit to my direct and indirect real life experiences. Not that of others posting. Debating only works when we do just that - debate!

So no, there are two ponds, my water is as it is in my reality, and other posters have a difference. Sadly I didn't see any women posting that they like taller women, so my generalisation stands :)

Regarding tall women only dating taller man, this is in fact again genetic. Women have a 28 day cycle over which their movement and behaviour changes. At around day 7 to 28, ovulation, women are quite closed physically and emotionally. They seek only the best genes in their surroundings for procreation. From around day 18 to day 28 and on to day 7, the period, women are more outward and showy because they ant to attract men from a greater distance to their potential next opportunity.

Taller more solidly built men are considered to be potentially healthier and more capable of survival, so such ones play an important part in the survival of the offspring. Don't forget women have a 6 to 7 year child cycle too. This explains what we in contemporary terms call 'the seven year itch' - it is only predominantly in 96% of women who have had children in a permanently relationship, and 43% of women in a relationship that has no children. You can in fact match this with divorce and de-facto statistics from the UK, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Casual living together relationships aren't so well documented and in the UK seem to be more from 6 months to just under 3 years on average.

Again this is well researched medically and scientifically. I can post links to a lot of genetic, chemistry and movement research although it will bore most people.

When people say 'if there is chemistry we'll hit it off' that means a hell of a lot more than 'you look cute' in fact what a person looks like means nothing. Tall, Short, Fat, Skinny, Green, Black, Bald, Carpet, missing limbs, all means nothing. Chemistry plays a huge role, if two people get close enough without being bombarded with hundreds of other 'unscented' chemicals in the air.

This is why speed dating fails so badly. You have 20 men and 20 women in a room for 3 minutes all releasing masses of chemicals, the environment becomes competitive for the male and depending on the time of the month for the women, resistive or embracing.

If speed dating was done where the one person was in an isolation cubical and the other person was air blown before entering and they spent 3 minutes together a far clearer and more distinct result would come about.

Anyway I can write about this for hours :)

Your 'preference thing' might be more to do with your genetic and primal programming than you realise!

I don't have time right now to pull up the material on why shorter women are more desired in certain parts of the world. In the UK it's common because most shorter women have more 'curvy' bodies and retain higher levels of fats. This is mostly as a result of the climate in the UK for the last several hundred years. Whereas in hotter climates, highly fertile women tend to be 'larger' than less fertile women. I could go on about anthropology and culture for pages :)

Bottom line is, you are attracted in your culture to what you believe will enable your progeny to survive against all else.
 lalby
Msg: 72
Tall women
Posted: 9/30/2011 4:48:14 AM
Ive never found my height to be a problem when it comes to dating.
But i don't think its shallow that you don't like tall women as i have to be honest i prefer to date men my height or taller,can't say i would never date someone shorter but most the guys i date are 5ft 10 or taller.
A lot of guys like the hieght thing
 lalby
Msg: 74
Tall women
Posted: 9/30/2011 6:16:14 AM
^^^^^^^
It has its down sides to i have a 34" leg and always struggled with jeans that fit and skirts and dresses are an akward length on me,Things are a little better now some places do a tall range but they didn't as a teen i wore mens jeans as womens looked like peddle pushers
 missprisee
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Tall women
Posted: 9/30/2011 3:07:52 PM
Yes, I have a 35" leg and now a size 8. The hem on most dresses is only 34 inches from sounder, I'm 38 inches. I now swim in a size 12 or 14 which is 39 inches. Most don't even have hems to let down!

Time to pull out the sewing machine and start designing again.

*sigh*
 MikeWM
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Tall women
Posted: 9/30/2011 3:43:06 PM

Yes, I have a 35"

How long is the other one though?

As for really tall women, how would any many be able to concentrate when dancing if theyre so tall youre dancing nose to nibblet. We are only men after all
 ObjectStupidity
Msg: 78
Tall women
Posted: 9/30/2011 4:11:33 PM
Have dated a couple of tall gals an although good fun i did notice em trying to rule the roost an be a bit bossy...maybe they were used to dealing with short, runty type guys with the typical 'little man syndrome'...who knows!

Spose i would date another taller gal but in general ive found em to be a bit pushy an 'im in charge' attitude..

Never say never eh
 MrMuggles73
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Tall women
Posted: 1/10/2012 3:29:14 PM
@msg 111

please call them by there correct name.

Tits
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Tall women