Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Need some suggestions      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DT_artist
Msg: 1
Need some suggestionsPage 1 of 1    
I've been trying for a while now and I just can't seem to get anywhere with trying to get a girlfriend. I know things take time and effort. I chatted with a few people and they told me to smile more, that my pics make me look like I'm angry. I really I'm a good guy once you actually sat down and talk to me and see what I'm all about. Any other suggestions would be welcomed
 c_deacon
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Need some suggestions
Posted: 9/12/2011 11:00:00 AM
Get out and live bro.....

If your goal is a girlfriend......then make if first your goal to be a productive, and viable boyfriend!! Time to take care of yourself, be happy with yourself, and let the rest roll in as meant to be!

cd.......
 DT_artist
Msg: 3
Need some suggestions
Posted: 9/12/2011 12:56:01 PM
I appreciate the replies thus far. I wasn't having any luck out in the world that's one reason why I'm trying the online stuff. It's a little hard for me than others 'cause I don't go to clubs and bars and things like that. I don't drink and I don't dance so places like that are boring to me.
 ZachariahTicer
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Need some suggestions
Posted: 9/12/2011 7:05:16 PM

I chatted with a few people and they told me to smile more, that my pics make me look like I'm angry.

Yes and yes.

I really I'm a good guy once you actually sat down and talk to me and see what I'm all about.

I believe you, but why can't you take some new pics that actually reflect that?
 DT_artist
Msg: 5
Need some suggestions
Posted: 9/12/2011 7:28:02 PM
Pics are in the works. probably by Friday I should have newer ones with my hair cut. I could ask the lady to take a good pic after she's finished
 ZachariahTicer
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Need some suggestions
Posted: 9/12/2011 8:03:27 PM
Awesome that's a good idea. Smile too :)

I also suggest rewriting the 'first date' part. Just mention an idea of what you would like to do. Drop the interview part and what it shouldn't be.
 DT_artist
Msg: 7
Need some suggestions
Posted: 9/16/2011 9:59:58 AM
Better pics are up. I am pleased with them. I am going to shave the goatee to see how that looks. I got the haircut and even have a big smile in one of the pics.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 8
Need some suggestions
Posted: 9/16/2011 10:19:53 AM
OP - it is quite simple for a man to get a gf...

once you sleep with a girl (after a few dates)

pick up the phone and call her back and talk to her.

take her out on another date after that.

poof...instant gf.
 SugahPunkin
Msg: 9
Need some suggestions
Posted: 9/16/2011 1:06:34 PM
I like the before haircut pic.. keep it that length. I think it looks good on you. But dont go all long hanging down the back kinda thing.. But just "uncut" is sexy.. look at Cowboy... *smiles
And youre pics seem fine to me. Keep the goat tee.. it suits you.

Ok.. just read everyone's comment.. geez.. maybe my game is off..but I think your look cute in the goat tee and the uncut hair.

But.. what do I know.
 DT_artist
Msg: 10
Need some suggestions
Posted: 9/16/2011 2:21:39 PM
Thank you SugahPunkin for your comment.
 ackman1465
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Need some suggestions
Posted: 9/16/2011 2:29:57 PM
You know what I've been doing lately??? I stand on a street corner with a sign that says "I buy gold"..... and, when a woman approached me with her cache of jewelry I tell her: "That sign is a bunch of do-do...... I don't have a penny to buy gold. I'm only using it a ruse to get to meet you. How are you doing? Do you have any plans for the next couple of hours? .. or the next 25 years?"

So far, it hasn't worked.... but I'm confident it will, before too long.....

Good luck....

P.S. I'm on the corner of Del Prado Blvd and Cape Coral Pkwy.... please stay away from there.... that's MY TURF!!!!!
 nicegirlmeaz
Msg: 12
Need some suggestions
Posted: 9/16/2011 7:24:08 PM
Your shave and the haircut- two thumbs up!!

Good luck!
 DT_artist
Msg: 13
Need some suggestions
Posted: 9/16/2011 9:01:29 PM
I am struggling. I am giving my best effort but it's a little hard when I'm all I got and I know that's not what girls want to hear. The one picture of me with the new haircut, I had the lady that cut my hair take that pic. I appreciate all comments and suggestions but at the same time a picture alone doesn't tell you about the person. All I need is that one chance to sit down with someone so they can see what I'm about, but if everyone just goes by a picture then I don't know what else I can do.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Need some suggestions