Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Family Fued Question      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SugahPunkin
Msg: 1
Family Fued QuestionPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
On Family Fued the question was:
"100 Married men were surveys, and ask to fill in this statement: I would ______ for Sex."

Answers?
1. PAY
2. KILL
3. BEG
4. DIE
5. LIE

I was kinda shocked. None of the women on the show got any of the answers but ALL the men knew the answers right off.

Stunned. And they all High 5'ed each other...screaming YEAH!!!

...so... Is sex really THAT important to a man?
How do you feel about it??
Would you have given those answers?
The women said things like... Cook, clean, cry... It would never even pop into my head to give the 5 answers above.
Are we really viewing sex that differently? No wonder we have communication problems.
Do you really need her body that much?
 SugahPunkin
Msg: 2
Family Fued Question
Posted: 9/14/2011 3:14:02 PM
So you think we are designed by nature to think so differently.. and not environmentally programmed?
Interesting... gosh my mind is just swimming with thoughts now.
 mrmisterme
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Family Fued Question
Posted: 9/14/2011 3:42:14 PM

I was kinda shocked. None of the women on the show got any of the answers but ALL the men knew the answers right off.

They surveyed 100 men, not women. Why would you be surprised if the men knew the answers?
 SugahPunkin
Msg: 4
Family Fued Question
Posted: 9/14/2011 3:46:47 PM
Well, it was more the shock of the answers. But surely youd think some of the answers the women would know.
They were married men in the survey but not everyone on the show was married.. should that make a difference? The women were married... but they had no clue what a married man would say.
It just seems odd to me that we view sex so differently.
 Revilors
Msg: 5
Family Fued Question
Posted: 9/14/2011 4:28:09 PM
I'm shocked that anyone believes that, with the exception of maybe a couple, any of these men gave a serious answer.

Cook, clean, cry...cold day in he11. Oh...sure...I'll cook and clean. And I'll admit I've cried. But not over/for sex.

What would I (blank) for sex? My best performance and only expect an even exchange.

There will never be an alternative acceptable barter.
 Sully8545
Msg: 6
Family Fued Question
Posted: 9/14/2011 4:38:41 PM
None of the above. Those guys must be desparate.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 7
Family Fued Question
Posted: 9/14/2011 4:40:30 PM

Answers?
1. PAY
2. KILL
3. BEG
4. DIE
5. LIE

...so... Is sex really THAT important to a man?

Well, of course it is ~ to some men (and to some women likely, as well.)

How do you feel about it??

Well, I'd not kill or die for it, but the other three answers? I dunno, maybe. At this rate in my life, I will be dying without it. (And yes, for those men out there who think women never beg for it, I have. I feel sorry for anyone who has to resort to that little reality. Sad sad sad state of affairs on that note.)

Would you have given those answers?

Three of the five, I would likely have guessed. Pay, beg and lie. Nothing wrong with those answers and the high-fiving. It's a game show ~ of course they were excited. They got to control the board most likely. JMO
 Malley
Msg: 8
Family Fued Question
Posted: 9/14/2011 5:10:15 PM

100 Married men were surveys

Those guys must be desparate.

Enuff said.
 mrmisterme
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Family Fued Question
Posted: 9/14/2011 6:35:03 PM
If they would have surveyed 100 women, they would probably get 125 answers
 smokincigars
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Family Fued Question
Posted: 9/14/2011 7:38:24 PM

"100 Married men were surveys, and ask to fill in this statement: I would ______ for Sex."

Answers?
1. PAY
2. KILL
3. BEG
4. DIE
5. LIE

First thought: The survey respondents were all men, no women.

Second thought: The respondents were all *married* men.

Third thought: Answers 3 and 4 might apply to me, the others would not.

Fourth thought: It's been said that men get into relationships mainly for sex, women do so mainly for love. That never was universally true, and apparently it is far less true for women today, but I think it still applies to most of us. Men are expected to be more aggressive/assertive when it comes to sex, even when those same men would be overjoyed to have their women say, "I want you, now!"

The bottom line: Men and women do not think alike when it comes to sex. I am not surprised that the "feuding" men thought of all five top answers, and only slightly surprised that the women didn't get at least one or two -- after all, they knew the responses came from an exclusively male survey group.
 abelian
Msg: 11
Family Fued Question
Posted: 9/14/2011 7:38:57 PM
Out of the five answers you listed, the only one I'd go for is Pay. That seems perfectly reasonable to me and easy to do.

The women said things like... Cook, clean, cry...

That's totally bizarre.

Do you really need her body that much?

I can't see that paying for sex implies a great need for a woman's body any more than paying for a ticket to six flags implies a great need to ride a roller coaster. If it's fun and the price is right, why not?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Family Fued Question
Posted: 9/14/2011 11:08:52 PM
OP, I think you completely missed everything about the whole scenario, and deduced that it was about "how men view/feel about sex."

It wasn't. It was about how men publicly TALK about sex. Two VERY different things!

In real life, men do all KINDS of things to get laid. Lying is high on the list, and as we've seen in other posts, it's high on EVERYONE'S list, male and female alike. Some folks might come up with a cover story to pretend to themselves that they AREN'T actually lying ("saying romantic things to set the mood?") , but it's still lying.

But men WILL clean, they do that every damn day. They will do what ever they think the focus of desire wants them to do. They WILL cook, they even talk about doing that in forums, and in dating books, and interviews. Crying is very low on the male side, for what should be obvious reasons.

HOWEVER: in a GAME SHOW context, or in a PUBLICLY ANSWERED SURVEY, men will give PUBLIC SHOW OFF answers, and not tell "the truth." We're talking SPORTS here, not honesty, and not genuine examination of real human behavior. Hence the high-fives.

Remember Masters and Johnson? They were the first people to realize that to get the REAL TRUTHFUL answers from ANYONE about sex, you had to ask them in a discreet, private, protected environment. If you ask in PUBLIC, you will get the boisterous, programmed, bragging, or safe/sanctioned answers.

And the answers in that game show survey ARE the boisterous bragging ones for men, just as the OTHER ones are the safe/sanctioned PUBLIC answers women will tend to give. BOTH sexes are not being honest, in that very silly public setting!
 cupper3
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Family Fued Question
Posted: 9/15/2011 12:06:13 AM

I can't see that paying for sex implies a great need for a woman's body any more than paying for a ticket to six flags implies a great need to ride a roller coaster. If it's fun and the price is right, why not?

I'm pretty sure I am not the minority here, and I know it is the oldest profession, but to me going with a prostitute is just plain wrong and disgusting on so many levels (and I am not including religious ones).

I just don't get why any man does. Women I date like sex just as much as I do, and once we get to know each other, it usually doesn't take that long before we get intimate.

Was that way when I was 18, 24. after I got divorced at 46 and now at 60. It's just sick to use a prostitute.
 kickingfate
Msg: 14
Family Fued Question
Posted: 9/15/2011 6:27:08 AM
Its been so long since i had sex...im leaning toward the "beg" option now...lol
 ackman1465
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Family Fued Question
Posted: 9/15/2011 7:05:18 AM
This reminds me of a quote which, I believe, is widely understood to be true.

To wit:

Women offer sex in hopes it is part of a loving relationship. Men feign a loving relationship in order to get sex.....
 TedJMill
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Family Fued Question
Posted: 9/15/2011 7:10:33 AM
I'd think of answers like WAIT
 SugahPunkin
Msg: 17
Family Fued Question
Posted: 9/15/2011 2:33:45 PM
ackman

Are you saying men do not want relationships? Is that something women have thought up ?
Now that's depressing.... ok.. so..... when I read on a man's profile that he's seeking a relationship he's lying..?

(Im loving all these responses.)

I asked the only two men at work (both married) and they refused to answer. Go figure.

The women at work laughed. Their answers were similiar to the ones on the show.

Maybe women view chores as a way of being accepted enough to HAVE sex?? Does that make sense...? If they cook, clean.. do those kinds of duties it mean the male will love them enough for sex?..thus, women view that a man would think that way also??

Maybe that's why she has the "honey Do" list? Kinda like If he loves me enough then he will do those things and I in return will give sex??

??
 ackman1465
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Family Fued Question
Posted: 9/15/2011 3:35:09 PM
Suga: You're zero-ing in on "the answer".... Good luck...
 Pingshooter
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Family Fued Question
Posted: 9/15/2011 7:50:22 PM

First thought: The survey respondents were all men, no women.

Brilliant deduction Watson!

Second thought: The respondents were all *married* men.

My Gawd..you've a mind like no other..ahhh..wait..ahem..didn't the OP just say;

"100 Married men were surveys (surveyed)"...

Oops..nevermind..
 BowHunter216
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Family Fued Question
Posted: 9/15/2011 11:00:00 PM
It doesn't surprise me one bit that men and women answer that question differently, since we are very two different creatures in nearly all respects. I think the reported male answers are extreme, but could be rationalized under specific conditions. Yes, sex is very important in relationships, that' s what Mother Nature intended so we would populate our species. lol
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Family Fued Question