Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Great date ,now nothing.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Great date ,now nothing.Page 1 of 1    
I went out on a date the other night with a guy Ive been talking to for a little while now. Went out for dinner , then went out for a few drinks and then to his place and hung out for a bit and talked. He told me that it was the best first date that he had ever been on and we made plans to hang out the next day. The next day came around and got busy with other things which I understood as the plans for us to hang out were very last minuet. Now as I try to make other plans with him I feeling as if I am getting the run around. I asked him what was going on/ what he was thinking and he told me that he had a great time with but but didnt want me to waste my time waiting around for him? I feel like I am getting mixed signals. What do ya thinks going on with his guy?
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Great date ,now nothing.
Posted: 9/16/2011 8:08:34 AM
he told me that he had a great time with but but didnt want me to waste my time waiting around for him?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is not a mixed signal. It means that he's not interested in seeing you again.

He had a great time, but, for whatever reason, he is not interested in pursuing anything.

Listen to what he's saying, not what you would like to hear.

Better luck next time!
 c_deacon
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Great date ,now nothing.
Posted: 9/16/2011 8:19:26 AM
He is saying that it was fun but not what he is looking for.....or you pushed some of his "run" buttons and that is what he has done.

If someone tells you to not wait around for him, then that is exactly what you should do.......turn around and leave, and if he wants to know you better, he will ask you to stop, or let you know that he would like to try again.

Why would anyone want to be with someone that does not want you there, or feels you are smothering him after a short time together and one date?

Then answer is to move on and move on right now!

cd........
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 4
Great date ,now nothing.
Posted: 9/16/2011 8:19:54 AM
He is being brutally honest with you, you should not wait around for him. Start looking for another guys and don't worry about it. Dating is all about having good dates and that is what you got.

Plenty of fish...
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 5
Great date ,now nothing.
Posted: 9/16/2011 8:46:20 AM
OP - you came to his house and didn't wind up having sex.

me thinks at his age, he probably registered in his mind somehow that you were not interested in having sex with him and therefore he's onto greener pastures.

whatever the case/reason - he's no longer interested.

leave him be and go find someone else.
 Puppydog54
Msg: 6
Great date ,now nothing.
Posted: 9/16/2011 10:34:17 AM
You went to HIS place to hang out? On a first meet? What in the hell is wrong with you?? NEVER, EVER do that!!!! ... especially after "a few drinks". You were very lucky.
Great date ,now nothing.
Posted: 9/16/2011 11:44:05 AM
Yeah the main reason I was asking was because he said that it was the best first date of his life. Boon defenitly think you were right about not sleeping with him. Thank god for that
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Great date ,now nothing.
Posted: 9/16/2011 12:04:53 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You ARE aware that people are allowed to change their minds, correct?

I can think of several dates where, in the moment, I enjoyed myself and even stated that I wanted to get together again, and then, upon further thought, sleeping on it, etc., I realized that he was not what I was looking for.

He made it clear that he lost interest. What more do you want?
Great date ,now nothing.
Posted: 9/16/2011 1:19:35 PM

I speak from experience

i don't believe the subject was rubber rooms.

i like to 'favorite' people, just so i can see if their last log on time was 20 minutes after the date.

wouldn't it be funny if he had faved you, logged in to see what kind of tracks you're leaving, and at that same moment found you on the site?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Great date ,now nothing.