Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > DATING OVER 60      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 xesandohs
Msg: 1
DATING OVER 60Page 1 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Would LOVE to hear some of the stories from both sex'es on this Subject....I can share some of mine:....most of the Ladies I have met have been HONEST and RESPECTABLE ....No HORROR stories to report,but Im sure there are some out there!
 Kitten189
Msg: 2
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 9/19/2011 7:42:55 AM
Op,i just typed in the words,'Over 60' into the Thread Search box and a LOT of Threads popped up.....

Here's one for you to take a look at.....but,there's lots and lots re: Over 60's :)

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts14240115.aspx

Happy reading !
 gbu2011
Msg: 3
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 9/19/2011 7:57:13 AM
I'm 61, and just joined recently. There's alot of fine looking women on this site.
I sent a message to a woman, she's 63, from "meet me", that I was interested in meeting her, she replied that she would like to meet me too. But our busy schedule keeps us from our "first meeting". Maybe, it's an omen, that were not suppose to meet? Wish me luck!
 femaleandflirty
Msg: 4
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 9/19/2011 10:04:25 PM
How busy can you be? If you are interested in meeting, then you will. She may have an old pic up, so be wary or she may be married or maybe you are...
 zippytwo
Msg: 5
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 9/19/2011 10:33:40 PM
People over 60 actually date? Well, whaddya know!

(Uh ya, it's been a while!)
 MrC1950
Msg: 6
view profile
History
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 9/20/2011 5:48:11 AM
Let's just say it's been a challenge. Out of the loop for so long and stumbling around makes for some challenges.

But if you want to find the right partner...challenges must be faced.

No horror stories, but no Cinderella ones either....yet.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 7
view profile
History
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 9/20/2011 9:59:10 AM
the "thing" about OLD threads and doing a search and posting to the OLD thread is ... people don't really read to the end to see your new comment and add their own ... they read the first thread, think, "this is OLD" ... and that's the end of it ...

as an experiment, I reactivated an old "Over 65" thread ... (somewhere below) ... there's my comment and one other comment ... and it's just sitting there ...

IMHO ... psychologically ... people may be more interested in jumping on the NEW band wagon (or thread!) instead of posting on the old tired one ...

otherwise, I don't exactly "date" any more because I've met all the single, straight men in my home town ... and most the married and/or gay ones as well! (small town)

now ... in Seattle ... that's ANOTHER challenge because I'm living on a military base and can't come and go without my military daughter, son-in-law or granddaughter ... kinda puts a crimp in any potential dating ...

can you imagine dating with your granddaughter as chaparone?
 biscottinkpa
Msg: 8
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 9/20/2011 1:34:56 PM
Alas I'm still waiting for a date. I'm not Ms America, nor a Harley Chic, I don't like hiking, and I'm not a ballroom dancer...
 xesandohs
Msg: 9
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 9/21/2011 4:35:51 AM
Comments are very true....But, [there's always a BUT] there are MANY I REPEAT MANY Quality Ladies on here who do not intend to meet anyone,EVER!...They are Scared Little Rabbits after reading all the articles in the paper,watching the News,etc. I have sent about 30 e mails in an attempt to "meet" and most do not even reply. The few that I have met where nice,honest,and respectful. A good tip for the Ladies would be "Its only a DATE...Don't over think it, plan too far ahead and keep it light"! If your looking for MR RIGHT, SOUL MATE, LAST LOVE,ah, your putting too much pressure on yourself and on HIM...Dating should be FUN and not a TEST.
 ladyc4
Msg: 10
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 9/21/2011 7:44:44 AM

They are Scared Little Rabbits after reading all the articles in the paper,watching the News,etc.

No, they are women who check out the profile of a guy contacting them, and if they see nothing to pique their interest,they are not going to invest any more time on that particular connection.
As far as women insisting on some reasonable caution about giving out personal info to words on a computer screen or a voice on the phone, and/or refusing to come to a mans' home(or inviting him to her home) for a first meeting-that is just basic safety wisdom 101-not being "scared little rabbits".

Yeah, it may be "only a date", but if she just has no sense of being interested in a particular guy,why would she go on a date with him?

Going by some threads here, there ARE women who will use "only a date" philosophy to "get out of the house", "get a free meal"-with little intention of continuing to date a specific guy to develop a relationship.

Dating should be FUN and not a TEST.

True-but if you have read a guys' email, looked at his profile and photos(if available),given it some thought,and realized that there just isn't any feeling of interest,why would going out with him be any fun?
Most women here are looking to date/create a relationship as an enhancement to their life-not as something they "must" do.
The only thing with dating sites is that,(theoretically, anyway)people with profiles on those sites are truly available and have some interest in dating-but it still is a matter of personal choice, not a "first come, first served" scenario, nor is it an obligation to date anyone who contacts.
It's not about "being scared", "too serious", or "pressure" and "testing"...a lady who does not respond to a mans' email simply isn't interested in that particular man.
Cindy O
 Camile2099
Msg: 11
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 6/10/2017 1:33:23 PM

there are MANY I REPEAT MANY Quality Ladies on here who do not intend to meet anyone,EVER!...They are Scared Little Rabbits

The fact that some women prefer some on-line correspondence with someone compatible before meeting and phoning doesn’t mean they don’t ever intend to meet anyone. It just means they don’t intend to meet you because you aren’t compatible and don’t respect their preferences.
 moraima
Msg: 12
view profile
History
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 6/10/2017 3:52:22 PM
"The fact that some women prefer some on-line correspondence with someone compatible before meeting and phoning doesn’t mean they don’t ever intend to meet anyone. It just means they don’t intend to meet you because you aren’t compatible and don’t respect their preferences."

Ditto!

OMG, sorry about wanting to make sure I have enough in common with a potential date by want to chat online. We can chat easily. Move on to phone. or not. Not..............Then I sure as hell don't want to waste your time and mine meeting.

I see post after post from both men and women saying they want to met asap. You people sure have a lot more time on your hands than I do (and I am retired).
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 13
view profile
History
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 6/10/2017 6:01:24 PM
One or both of you are really leery of actually meeting up in fact. If there was a genuine desire to meet, you would make the time. One or both of you have old pictures up is my bet or just not who you say you are. Who is so busy they cant meet for a drink?? If you are on a dating site you are supposed to be open to meeting.
 moraima
Msg: 14
view profile
History
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 6/10/2017 7:24:10 PM
"One or both of you have old pictures up is my bet or just not who you say you are."

Yep all of 12 weeks old.

"Who is so busy they cant meet for a drink??"

How many times? for how many years?

Seriously?

How many have you met that aren't match? Don't you ever get bored of just meeting any and everybody?
 grover14
Msg: 15
view profile
History
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 6/11/2017 8:37:01 AM
I like to send and receive a few messages first, just to try and see if this is a person I want to meet.

I think so many over 60's have pretty much given up. I'm beginning to think it's just not meant to be for me, but still looking, just not as enthusiastic.
 Camile2099
Msg: 16
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 6/11/2017 10:34:39 AM

If you are on a dating site you are supposed to be open to meeting.

Being open to a meeting with someone compatible yes, but being desperate for a meeting , no. A little on-line communication with private photo exchanges can usually sort this out.
 Maleman999
Msg: 17
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 6/12/2017 6:31:45 AM
^^" A little on-line communication with private photo exchanges can usually sort this out."

Are you referring to private photos or photos of private parts?
 spot4username
Msg: 18
view profile
History
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 6/12/2017 7:44:30 AM
OR
Private photos OF private parts?
 SLAFFA
Msg: 19
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 6/12/2017 8:19:47 AM
Like most everything involving OLD, this is not complicated.

It's quite OK if some folks are willing or wanting, (perhaps insisting) to spend (INVEST) "a lot of time" before talking to and/or meeting someone. Once a person reaches 60 they should have figured out both Chemistry and appearance.

The FACTS are undeniable.

1) Chemistry (chemicals) can only happen F2F.

2) The only way to know (for sure) what someone looks like is to meet them F2F. Even camming, someone (with just a basic knowledge of photography) could use "flattering" lighting, a "proper" background, and wear flattering clothing and sit or stand in a flattering postion. None of this is terribly difficult.

But of course if someone has never experienced Chemistry and are perhaps not all too concerned about what their mate lloks like...? Little wonder they are in no particular hurry to meet.

There IS one thing that anyone over 60 should have figured out. SOME folks photograph well regardless of their level of attractiveness and some don't. Few people in person F2F are going exactly like their pics.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 20
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 6/12/2017 9:32:58 AM
I'm surprised how many hawt 60 year olds are receptive to my advances.

I have no problem wining n' dining 'em:)
 grover14
Msg: 21
view profile
History
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 6/12/2017 10:05:06 AM
Reading these posts, I was thinking about how many meet and greets I had that they didn't look much like their photos. Several have told me I look just like my photos. Guess that's an advantage of sporting a shaved head, not like I'm going to show up with a different haircut. It is nice when she shows up at the meeting place and you recognize her.
 debbiedunn
Msg: 22
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 6/12/2017 11:33:48 AM
What a great excuse for not meeting is the corresponding endlessly to supposedly get to know someone.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 23
view profile
History
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 6/12/2017 4:08:02 PM
I must look "as advertised". Just a few meets over the years has told me that few really look like their profile. But, I have recognised a few in person- And have watched them turn away and hide. Mostly due to them not being truthful in how they described themselves. If they feel that uncomfortable, then they brought it onto themselves.
 benartflick
Msg: 24
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 6/13/2017 10:58:35 AM

Just a few meets over the years has told me that few really look like their profile.

I've only dated 6 from POF. They ALL looked better in person. I think most people do.

I might have seen two members in a local supermarket and one while walking on the beach by my house. Those 3 looked fantastic and younger than stated on POF. They gave me a friendly smile and looked familiar, but I had no idea where I might have seen them before. Later, I recalled their profiles on POF.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 25
view profile
History
DATING OVER 60
Posted: 6/16/2017 4:59:31 PM

How many have you met that aren't match? Don't you ever get bored of just meeting any and everybody?

But wouldn't someone get bored of chatting endlessly without meeting them? I'd rather find out a gal wasn't a match after a normal exchange of texts/messages then a 1st meetup/date -- as opposed to being a pen-pal/phone-pal stretching it out even longer. You utilize your time much better In Person over a drink (or coffee or whatever). It's more effective to aim to meet in person after exchanging a little chat online. I can understand if two people's schedules are a little off-key at the time -- and if, unfortunately, one's weary of meeting In Person, which is usually the case. But it's not a better-use-of-time thing, unless it's a long-distance thing and it'd require a road trip to meet them.

You get to know someone better as far as compatibility in person. You get to see their real looks, their actual dating availability, etc. The general stuff is just through some initial convo which much of the weeding gets rather quickly.

2) The only way to know (for sure) what someone looks like is to meet them F2F

I agree. You can get a lot of the riff raff out of there thru reviewing their profile + chatting -- but meeting in person brings a lot more back for the buck (in terms of time spent). I think the underlying thing is, people are too weary/scared/uncomfortable meeting someone in person until they've established being more less pen-pals at first. It's not "safer" than standard-ops.

I've only dated 6 from POF. They ALL looked better in person. I think most people do.

Lucky you, seriously. But no, I don't at all think most people do. I think if anything, it's the other way around, where more at least mildly aren't as good looking in person. BUT, I do think the majority more or less look the same. A certain % look noticeably better. I don't know where you live -- but everywhere else, and my own personal experience, it's solidly different than that! :)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > DATING OVER 60