Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Your ex needs to find £20000. Would you help?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ObjectStupidity
Msg: 9
Your ex needs to find £20000. Would you help?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Most deffo not... i would not give the woman the steam off me poo never mind anything of value....

Would be good to see the bint drown in a sea of debt
 MikeWM
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Your ex needs to find £20000. Would you help?
Posted: 9/19/2011 3:30:17 PM
It depends which ex, a few I would give them whatever they needed if they were in genuine strife whether I could afford it easily or not

Others, I wouldnt piss on if they were on fire although I wouldnt "wish" them harm though. I just wouldnt care less either way

OOPS haha, just realised this was a specific question

I guess the above is still relevant. Just because a break up didnt go all smothly alone isnt enough to make my mind up on a topic like this tbh

But as the pretend "we" have kids together I most probably would if I could EASILY spare the cash as it wouldnt be fair to the kids to let their mum be in a mess when you could help avoid it

So whether we got on or whether I thought she was the skanky street hooker of satan the kids would be the deciding factor really with this specific scenario
 Strider886
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2011 2:51:53 AM
I think it should depend on circumstances.....

If for example, the ex is in trouble because she went off on fancy holidays or bought home entertainment systems, expensive cars and £300 designer shoes, then i'd be inclined to say "go forth and multiply". A responsible parent does not put their own personal level of perceived social class above the welfare of his/her children.
Gifting money to someone like that and hoping it helps the children = entirely pointless and wasteful.

If she's genuinely struggling and living in virtual poverty herself just to ensure the kids have a happy home, then the answer would be different.

Hope that made sense :p
 MikeWM
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2011 5:55:16 AM
I can see some very intricate ballet dancing around the points here to try and dress up spite and bitterness whilst trying to put a "noble" spin on it

The key factor being danced around is the kids

How a family that "needs" this amount of money wouldnt be hugely negatively affected by not getting it is beyond me. And the example clearly states the kids WILL be affected by it. Which could for example mean the family loses their home

I suspect that knowingly or otherwise what is going on with somepeople imagining a particular ex when looking at this is the "Haha kids, look how their life turned out without me" type of gloating and spitefullness

But at the end of the day, it IS affecting your kids. And you could have avoided that quite easily and with no real impact on yourself at all

So as a parents primary responsibility is to protect their kids not make them endure hardship to "stick it to the ex" or highlight why their ex should have stayed with them I find this far too indicative of whats so very very wrong with relationships and parenting attitudes today

Infact I would bet some people probably had fleeting thoughts when pondering this that they could use the situation to try for sole custody

For me it was a no brainer

MY kids would be affected, and I had the opportunity on a one off basis that I wouldnt really notice to avoid that

Nothing else in this scenario is or even should be important

And if it is I pity those peoples kids should they ever find themselves in a similar one
 oggers
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2011 9:54:43 AM
((:-0
How do you know my ex ??
And why does she need 20 grand ...???
 surreall
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2011 10:57:38 AM
if my ex burst into flames before me, i wouldn't even waste my p*ss to put him out, let alone give him money.
As previously stated OP, i'd be interested how he got into the state of needing 20k and how not having this kind of money is going to affect your kids.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Your ex needs to find £20000. Would you help?