Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What Makes a Best Friend?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SunnyBlueSkies23
Msg: 1
What Makes a Best Friend?Page 1 of 1    
We all have them.......Best friends. You share laughs,tears,.......everything under the sun practicly!! You tell eachother secrets,and you confide in eachother. But,let me ask you THIS......... What are the qualities that YOU look for in a Best Friend? Do you share ALL the same interests?Or,do you allow eachother space to "do your own thing",to cultivate interests outside of eachother? Do you nurture dreams(" She wants to be a writer... I think she should at least try.").or do you keep their feet firmly on the ground ("Her stories??Well......they're really not that good." ) Lets hear from YOU!!
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 2
What Makes a Best Friend?
Posted: 9/19/2011 5:21:34 PM
I met my best friend when we were 2-2 1/2 in daycare. We just stuck like glue from that point on. We never went to school together, I think our parents just kept us together weekends to shut us up. And we've actually lived provinces apart now for over half our lives.
And we're quite different on the surface. She was always the jock, I was always the artsy one. She's the extrovert, I'm the introvert. Emotionally too, we just handle things, pressures, dynamics, differently. She's a tad on the neurotic side, I'm a little more level headed. I think the thing that bonded us was our sense of humour, and not being afraid to tell each other something for fear we be judged. Oh yeah, and our love of boys growing up.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/19/2011 5:30:23 PM
I have a couple of amazing friends.

When I am in need ...
They are there for me.
As I am for them.

Today, all I needed was a hug
As I needed to be held
And she was there for me.

Next month I need a car for 17 days,
as mine is going into the shop for a recall.
She has a spare for me.

I've been blessed.
Very blessed.

A friend is the greatest thing in the world.

_shakti_
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/19/2011 8:21:16 PM
Someone I can trust, who I can tell all of my deep, dark, weird and out there stuff to and vice versa. Someone who will tell me the truth even when it sucks and is also a great shoulder when I need to blubber about it, lol.. Someone that I can respect and also have fun and be totally silly with.

It's multifaceted this friendship thing.

Finding a best friend in your romantic partner is the best, although it makes it tougher if you have to say goodbye.
 OMG!WTF!
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2011 10:12:38 PM
Four legs, a shiny golden coat and fangs.
 vnufall
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/19/2011 10:13:23 PM
for me i was brought up with 2 sisters, went to an all girl catholic high school and than nursing school. always around women, but my best friend was someone who had no siblings, went to public schools and never had a career in nursing. we met because our ex husbands were friends. we clicked for some reason and its been over 30 years. its sad now tho, she had a mental breakdown, and is deteriorating physically and mentally. i've become more like her mother. i gotta say tho, we sure had some fun times..parties, rolling stones concerts, enjoyed our sons, and laughed at everything...including all the men -ex's, boyfriends and ex-boyfriends. everyone needs a best friend.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What Makes a Best Friend?