Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > IS THERE SOMETHING HANGING FROM MY NOSE?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
IS THERE SOMETHING HANGING FROM MY NOSE?Page 1 of 1    
One issue I see with your profile is everything being in caps lock. I dont know what it bothers some people it does. May come off as just not caring I don't really know. Your should take out the P.S at the bottom to. I know a lot of women get a lot of message on here and I know myself I did write people back saying thanks but no thanks but they wouldn't stop bugging me and I know thats the case with a lot of the other ladies on here. Other than that I think its a pretty good profile.
 psytle
Msg: 7
view profile
History
IS THERE SOMETHING HANGING FROM MY NOSE?
Posted: 9/21/2011 10:55:23 AM

I AGREE WITH WHAT YOU SAID. I KNOW THE P.S. SOUNDS A LITTLE RUDE TO SOME BUT I WAS TRYING TO MAKE A POINT AND TO POINT IT OUT TO MANY THAT IT ONLY TAKES A SECOND TO SAY KNOW THANK YOU. AND IF THEY KEEP MESSAGING YOU, YOU CAN ALWAYS BLOCK THEM.

Shouting/typing in all caps isn't the way to make a point.

Women tell guys to write better messages than "hey how are you", but most guys won't pay attention to that. What makes you think that women will pay any more attention to a guy they aren't interested in?

Quick tip, OP. Guys should never ever put "IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ANYTHING PLEASE JUST ASK." in their profile. Women know what to do if they're interested, and they don't need an invitation. I imagine most women see a line like that as a polite form of begging, and they HATE that. My suggestion: remove that line.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/21/2011 5:55:13 PM
I agree, I'm afraid to write someone back with a 'thank you, but not interested' comment because I've been "laid into" over that before.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/21/2011 6:01:13 PM
My first impression on reading "at least the dolphins like me" was self pity. That's not an attractive trait. It's a turn off for me when men use self pity because I find it manipulative, like they want to be reassured they are likable.

I don't use this site much, I'm not actively dating (just waiting for that one person to find me :), so I don't know what the problem is with have a picture or two of you with your child. For me, it tells a lot abut the person if i see that bond in a photograph, as compared to a "I'm the weekend dad posing for a photo because I have to" photograph.

Like I said, I don't know what I'm talking about with this one, but I like the photos. I don't think you should ever have a picture of an object ...motorcycle, car, jacuzzi, etc.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > IS THERE SOMETHING HANGING FROM MY NOSE?