Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > How could I possibly be getting this so wrong?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Shrek_921212
Msg: 1
view profile
History
How could I possibly be getting this so wrong?Page 1 of 1    
I have been on this site now for a few years and still have not been able to work out the protocol of getting a date.
Just this last weekend I contacted a nice looking lady, I agreed with her opinions that most profiles are a bunch of lies and that this was her last try on a rubbish site. (her words not mine) I told her that I have come across the same problems and that I can only start to get to know someone on a face to face meet. It is so much easier to know that you are starting to go down the wrong road by reading body language and correct it before getting to the point of no return. I had the most positive reaction I have ever had on this site and she was more than happy to meet up for a chat over lunch and asked me to make a date. I replied suggesting a meet in town (we both lived in the same town) but didn't get confirmation from the site that my message had been sent so I send a second brief message to say again with apologies for possible duplication. That was last night, I waited all day for a reply but when checking my sent messages to see when she was last online I found that all my messages had disappeared. This I found puzzling so tried to send another message in case there was a problem and my message had gone before she could read it and found that she had blocked me. Now I can't even ask what the problem is. I can't even work out what I could possibly have done to upset her as I am very sensitive not to alienate anyone let alone someone who I feel I've got the best chance of meeting in over 3 years.
 Shrek_921212
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How could I possibly be getting this so wrong?
Posted: 9/26/2011 3:26:56 PM
I thank you for your response and your comments but she was the one who said she was happy to meet. Great she said just name the day. I did suggest a couple of dates and times and only found I was blocked when waiting for a reply.
 Shrek_921212
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2011 11:31:37 PM
I thank you for your comments 4evablessed we had exchanged about 3 messages each over a period of about 6 hours we both felt that we had to meet to get to know each other. She said that she was glad that she had finally been contacted by a decent guy and not the normal wankers that she had a lot of. She had gone offline for the night by the time I sent the first message to arrange a date but not getting confirmation of receiving it by the site sent a second brief note and only found she had blocked my the following afternoon when I tried to ask why she had not replied to confirm the meeting. I was mainly concerned as this was the most positive response I've had on over three years and this was going to be only the third date I've had from this site. I keep being told that very few women on this site want any sort of commitment.
 DBerger04
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2011 11:42:03 PM
Don't sweat it.

it happens a lot. Between the time she logged for bed and the time she woke up she could have gotten another message from someone else.

Women say they have it hard because of child birth and glass ceilings but its damn hard to make sure you aren't heading into a being stood up situation without coming across as a stalker werido.

(obviously that was a joke, I am sure those glass ceilings are much harder than they look)
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > How could I possibly be getting this so wrong?