Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Out of sight, out of mind ...?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DBerger04
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Out of sight, out of mind ...?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Do you have any reason to return to where she is?

Maybe bring it up that you may be back visiting and then if she says "oh really, like oh my gosh, that's so awesome we should get together" then make plans to go home for the holidays.

Also chicks love that spontaneous crap where they want men to fly across the country on a whim to express their feelings. Unless your loaded financially this is risky.

Ask her if she would be adverse to a long term relationship. ****es love it when you are honest and open with them. Be prepared for rejection (have your drink of choice close by) and if you are shot down then be clear that you still want to be friends but things may get awkward for a while.

Take a shot, Lincoln did! You will never know if you don't act.

Bite the bullet, talk to her about, prepare for the best, plan for the worst.
 AquanGold
Msg: 4
Out of sight, out of mind ...?
Posted: 10/3/2011 4:56:31 AM
Totally out of sight and out of mind and maybe a bit afraid to make the move.. If your gut is telling you to go to her,why are you being so logical..? Sounds as if you`re defeated before you began! I`m sure she`s asked you to see her as well... Good Luck!
BTW: Stop texting her and man up and call! Thats for kids.. You`re attempting to be a man. A man calls his women....Thats part of your problem.
 MikeWM
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2011 5:19:26 AM
I wouldnt put too much weight on the overly romanticised tosh like "if we are meant to be together blah blah" type nonsense

If she is at a point where she wants somebody special in her life she is unlikely to wait decades just on the offchance you "might" decide to pop back

She will meet someone and explore that

So if you want to find out where this may or may not lead then go see her, if on the other hand you want to look back on this for the rest of your life wondering "what if" then dont

Its your choice and dont expect the universe to magically correct the situation if you make the wrong one
 ZachariahTicer
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2011 6:38:23 AM

Do I have to choose, or could I find a happy medium for this situation?

Happy medium being moving together to the exact middle point of both of your current geographical locations??

Or did I misunderstand?
 ZachariahTicer
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2011 10:58:48 PM
^^^

Do what you feel is right. Move where you want to. You have been talking to this girl for 3 years so either you two think there is something real here or at least one of you enjoys having a pen pal... I don't know.

Honestly you could talk to her for 10 more years and I would say you still don't know her very well. imo. It doesn't really start until you are seeing each other physically. Don't be surprised if either of you feel very differently about it once you do spend a decent amount of time together. Not trying to be a pessimist, I am just saying at this point you just don't know.
 AquanGold
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/4/2011 4:35:30 AM
go get a hooker, you'll save on gas money and there is a 100% chance you'll get laid.
After reading your last post Op, i`m convinced you`ll make another 100,000 excuses as to why you can`t see her. Therefore, as someone mentioned, its best if you get a hooker for yourself and enjoy!
I`m positive, she`s wondering what`s wrong with you as well...
 MikeWM
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2011 10:12:38 AM
She could print them off, laminate them roll them into a tube and pop a condom on the end

Then she could

If you did that with a picture it would add a "hole" new meaning to the phrase "I put a new photo up yesterday" too
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Out of sight, out of mind ...?