Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Holographic Principle and Edgar Cayce      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BraneGirl
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Holographic Principle and Edgar CaycePage 1 of 1    
I find the Holographic Principle of Black Holes really fascinating. It states that our three D world, our entire universe of matter, is a hologram, an image of reality coded on the distant 2D Surface of a black hole (see Leonard Susskind's “The Black Hole War” Chapter 18). Then, the other night I was watching a show on the seer Edgar Cayce who in a trance talked about time as not really existing, as “a necessary illusion.” Not only are we all shadows, but our shadows exist in infinite space-time "locations." Interesting, huh?
 stargazer1000
Msg: 2
Holographic Principle and Edgar Cayce
Posted: 10/4/2011 11:17:29 AM

I find the Holographic Principle of Black Holes really fascinating. It states that our three D world, our entire universe of matter, is a hologram, an image of reality coded on the distant 2D Surface of a black hole (see Leonard Susskind's “The Black Hole War” Chapter 18). Then, the other night I was watching a show on the seer Edgar Cayce who in a trance talked about time as not really existing, as “a necessary illusion.” Not only are we all shadows, but our shadows exist in infinite space-time "locations." Interesting, huh?

That does not mean that the two are equally valid propositions. The work of physicists regarding the nature of black holes is based solely on some limited observations from suspected black holes in the universe and a complex study of mathematics.

Edgar Cayce's musings are the result of...well....

Just sayin'.
 foreveryoung898
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2011 7:22:40 PM
I really like Edgar Cayce. Yes it is very interesting. Considering he channelled everything. There are many others who have written about the same things from their knowledge and studies.There was a scientific study done in Germany on the holigram effect and had even proved it. I apologize for not having the referencefor it, but it can be looked up.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2011 7:40:04 PM

I find the Holographic Principle of Black Holes really fascinating. It states that our three D world, our entire universe of matter, is a hologram, an image of reality coded on the distant 2D Surface of a black hole
If you like that, then check out the Banach-Tarski Paradox. It's a proof that in a 3D universe like our own, that any sphere can be taken apart and put back together to make 2 spheres that are each the same size as the original. Volume can be doubled, or halved, within our 3D universe, and so can the information, simply by rearranging the information, much as one would do by coding our 3D reality onto a 2D surface of a black hole.
 BraneGirl
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2011 4:13:03 AM
Okay, right, but you bring up the obvious here about scientific (empirical) evidence (or lack thereof).
I wasn’t trying to make claims for truth here, but rather point to an interesting parallel, an interesting connection between two seemingly incongruent things.
One of the strange things about our current culture is the belief (and certainty) by some people, including noted statisticians and philosophers, in things like the Web Bot Project, The Bible Code, etc. The finding of such codes seems ridiculous to most of us, but what if the searching for such things is what “brings them out,” a kind of philosophically immanent thing. We can’t determine linear causality in something like this. And with things like Black Holes, esp. the super-massive one that exists in the center of our galaxy – is “proven” not by seeing it, but by seeing what’s not there, alongside of what’s there, and prob. More significantly by Mathematics – different epistemologies at work here – Didn’t mean to assert a proof about anything in the original post. But thanks for adding your thoughts.
 BraneGirl
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2011 4:19:17 AM
Yes, I loved learning about this mathematical paradox, and since I don't have the requisite grey matter to understand theoretical physics and higher order mathematics, I learned about it in an excellent book by Leonard M. Wapner, entitled "The Pea and the Sun: A Mathematical Paradox." He made it eminantly understandable, along with a lot of other suchparadoxes. These mathematical paradoxes (which are different than rhetorical paradoxes of the type: Can God create a rock that is too heavy for even him to move?") lead to all kinds of mind-boggling consequences. The Banach-Tarski Paradox relies on the 3D universe and what I like about the Holographic Principle (which to my understanding is taken as credible among physicists today) is that the 3D universe is but a phantom and the projections on the 2D surface surrounding the black hole becomes more defining. Thanks for that post.
 abelian
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/5/2011 2:02:47 PM
It's a proof that in a 3D universe like our own, that any sphere can be taken apart and put back together to make 2 spheres that are each the same size as the original.

No, it's a proof that one can do that if one makes certain assumptions, like the continuum hypothesis, the space in question is a manifold and that you can do surgery on that manifold. The first two are a good enough approximation for reativity to hold, but assuming that the third actually applies to the phyical universe is a dubious assumption at best, unless you have some idea of what it would mean to slice out a part of spacetime and glue it back to obtain a new spacetime. Quantum mechanics casts some doubt on the first assumption as anything more than an approximation.

Volume can be doubled, or halved, within our 3D universe, and so can the information, simply by rearranging the information, much as one would do by coding our 3D reality onto a 2D surface of a black hole.

That's patently false. It's impossible to change the information content of a system by rearranging it. That's actually the point of the entire field of information theory. That is made rather clear in Shannon's original monograph on the subject, since that result seemed to be surprising at the time.

Also, since quantum mechanics is unitary, information is conserved. No experiment has ever shown the slightest hint that the evolution of the system over time deviates from being unitary. That is implicit in the holographic principle.
 Professoro
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/5/2011 3:23:52 PM
There is the real world, the observable world, and the mathematical world according to Roger Penrose and it takes leaps of faith to travel from one to another. cheers, O
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Holographic Principle and Edgar Cayce