Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Why is this section so music based?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 2
Why is this section so music based?Page 1 of 1    
why?

because chicks dig musicians. lol.

so what kind of job can you land as an art major?

k.w.
artist
 ZachariahTicer
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Why is this section so music based?
Posted: 10/6/2011 3:08:46 AM
I prefer Tool. Nine Inch Nails. Smashing Pumpkins. Mazzy Star. Tegan and Sara. Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Damn misleading thread title...

"Non academic- Realism, Impressionism, Post Impressionism, Symbolism"

This. All of those versus the others, with few exceptions. I don't recall my art history class explaining why those would be considered 'non-academic' but I am curious!..

My favorite painter is Joseph Turner, which evokes a strong emotional response for me but that's probably not what you meant?
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/6/2011 3:15:05 AM
I'll reply directly to the op in a word because its o so late.

REMBRANDT!

iT ALL CENTERS around him YEAH?

ZachariahTicer
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2011 3:37:21 AM
^

Actually I have a print of Philosopher in Meditation on a wall
 flittery1
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/6/2011 4:51:15 AM
I prefer strong emotional response, personally, no matter the style. I want to FEEL, no matter the art form, music included.

Therefore, non-academic painting is perhaps preferable to me as it seems to include emotion-inducing subjects more often than academic.

Modernist looks great on a wall, but generally evokes no feeling other than just that.

Love Baroque with all the chubby, curvy women, haha!

I do tend to like the more realistic looking works, over cartoonish, but stylized is fairly awesome if the artist does a good job of portraying what he wants you to see.

So really, for me, most of these art forms are on the same level. Wouldn't rate many above the other.

This from a non-artsy, decidedly layman-ish admirer of the arts!
 ZXTTTT
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2011 1:41:37 PM
I think the ability to draw or paint is an art, but I don't see a painting as art. Half the time, the big money paintings look like they were done by infants.
 mainstein
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2011 1:17:11 AM
i like the clean style, just like apple's design:)
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Why is this section so music based?