Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Explain this to me:      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EasyPeasy72
Msg: 2
Explain this to me:Page 1 of 1    
Let them chase you. If they are truely interested, they will persue.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Explain this to me:
Posted: 10/7/2011 10:15:35 PM
"Man-speak" is almost always best translated instead as "practicality speak."

Most guys WILL say directly what they think and want, disguised only slightly by what they think YOU want to hear. The "practicality" aspect means we have to select each answer on a moment to moment, circumstance to circumstance basis.

Checking to see if YOU are seriously interested is just like pulling the dipstick to make sure there's enough oil in the car to keep driving. It doesn't have anything to do with the destination, just with whether or not he has to stop immediately. Since you indicated that he DOESN'T have to stop, he now has to decide whether or not to GO, and if so, WHERE to go. That he hasn't followed up yet, suggests that he doesn't have a plan either way.

In both cases you describe, neither guy said anything at all yet. They didn't say yes, they didn't say no. They aren't TRYING to communicate anything to you by doing that, as a woman MIGHT be doing (I've known a number of women who would, by exactly such behavior, were firmly placing the "ball" in the guys court, for him to act upon or not. Most guys don't IMPLY things like that, they either do, or do not).

Insisting on "no flakes" is like a woman insisting on "no players." It's like showing they have a license to drive. They think they have to do it in order to be allowed into the drivers seat, but it has nothing to do with whether or not they actually want to go anywhere. Nor does it have anything to do with whether or not they are THEMSELVES "flakes" or "players."

Anyway, this over-long post of mine, is all just to say that you are looking for messages in these guys actions, and there ARE no messages there. That's why it is mystifying to you. They've tested to see if you are available, but haven't decided what to actually do. Nothing more.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Explain this to me:
Posted: 10/8/2011 12:53:13 AM
you are not cut out for online dating.
 wayfarer4you
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Explain this to me:
Posted: 10/8/2011 7:07:18 PM
Op. those on this site thats been around call this the catch and release program ,,, as this site seems to bring out that side of both men and ladys ..
take it for what it is and move on ''as for the man speak who know's ?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Explain this to me: