Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > worst date u went on      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 carelesswhisper00
Msg: 5
worst date u went onPage 1 of 29    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)
Getting thrown up on is certainly no damn fun at all.....I can only imagine what I would have said if someone would have done that to me. Dog humping is just not right. The owner should have intervened and removed the dog from the situation immediately, there is no excuse to allow your animal to do this. All in all though I did have to laugh at this post
 cooldog65
Msg: 9
view profile
History
worst date u went on
Posted: 10/9/2011 2:54:26 AM
My worst date was about 8 years ago. Went on a lunch date that lasted about 90 minutes. Her 2 teenagers and 1 adolescent called 17 times, during the date. None of these calls were urgent. Yes I counted out loud enough for her to hear once we got to the third call. We actually went on a second date several months later. We went to a movie, where she only got 6 calls from the kids. As in the first date, each call lasted 3-5 minutes. There was no third date. Two bad dates with the same woman earns 2 thumbs down.
 MsTennis
Msg: 10
worst date u went on
Posted: 10/9/2011 9:01:42 AM
I am so sorry so many people had so many bad experiences..My worst date was last night. We met for a drink at a local bar. We live 5 minutes away from each other. The place was 8 minutes away on Rt 9. He never confirmed the date and I had to call him 20 minutes before the date to see if we were on. Anyway..Got to the bar exactly 10pm the time we said we were going to meet. The place, I thought was a little noisy and I thought once he came here maybe we would go to a more quiet place..This jerk called me off the hook..saying he is lost. Texting me and calling. Finally I tell him exactly where the place is and he wants me to stay on the phone with him until he arrives..I told him no. You are a big boy now and find the place..So he arrived a half hour late..Never apologized and proceeded to insult me and judge me the whole hour we spent together. He never offered me a drink and finally said he was leaving. I said I was staying and I just thank the lord the his true colors came shining through on this one time meeting!! Sometimes people are deceitful..because on the phone he was very pleasant and complimentary!
 cabanaboy65
Msg: 11
view profile
History
worst date u went on
Posted: 10/9/2011 10:07:05 AM
I had one bad date when I met this lady for a 1st date. She had her teenage son tag along. I get to talk the because he was there. I think they were looking to get a free meal.
 OyVay...
Msg: 12
worst date u went on
Posted: 10/9/2011 10:20:46 AM
Great thread! There have been many on this topic. I enjoyed the dog story! lol

I've told mine several times, can't really figure out which are worst, so I will post 2 of the many I have! All happened with people I met on here, while not up there with puke and dog leg humping, they are unique in their own right.

First met a woman on here, we emailed and chatted for several weeks. We agreed to a meet, at a local restaurant for dinner. I arrived 20 minutes early, so went to the bar for a drink. As I sat there and waited, I noticed a woman, at the entrance to the bar, there were 2 large rubber plants on either side of the entrance, she was hiding behind one of those peeking out. I realized it was my date, she looked exactly like her picture.

I proceeded to wait a few minutes, then approached her. She informed me, that she wasn't sure she could trust me. So I explained I would finish my drink, if she choose to join me, great! If not I would leave. I went back and finished my drink over the next 10 minutes, then paid my bill, and left. She was still lurking behind the plant as I strolled out and never said a word! WEIRD!!

The next one was a classic sex story, well not so classic as surprising. Again same scenario met a woman on here emailed and chatted on the phone, set up a dinner date at the same restaurant as the other date. We met, sat out on the terrace and had a great dinner and conversation. As we finished coffee the waiter came and took the check.

As he left, she smiled and leaned over the table and said "my place or yours?" I was kinda like a deer in the headlights. Stupidly I said "Gee I thought we'd get to know each other better before we got to that", I'm not a first date sex kinda guy.

The terrace had filled up with about 25 people at 10 or 12 tables around us. She now changed her expression and stood up and said in a loud voice "WHAT?? I am not good enough to GO TO BED WITH?!?!" Of course everyone turned to look at me, and I wanted to crawl under the table.

The waiter returned with the receipt, and while she ranted on, I quickly signed it and fled, with her still yelling behind me.

Needless to say, I never returned to that restaurant for dates. Maybe it was the food or just the atmosphere, crazy huh?
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 15
worst date u went on
Posted: 10/10/2011 1:27:31 PM
Worst date?
Started talking to this guy via a mutual friend from facebook. He told me he was divorced. We get to the restraunt, order our dinner and start drinking wine, where he proceeds to tell me that it's a "War of the Roses" active divorce. He mentions that they separated 2 months prior and she filed. Said he had a mistress and it was made public and proceeded to excuse his infidelity by saying she gained weight after their daughter was born and didnt make any attempts to loose it years later. Starts telling me about all the drama included with that, and the mistresses husband finding out, restraining orders, etc....then he shows me a PICTURE of his soon to be x wife AND mistress on his phone!!! LOL!
Im sitting there, just downing my wine, hoping the food will come quick and we can just part our separate ways...LOL
 chromelove08
Msg: 19
view profile
History
worst date u went on
Posted: 10/11/2011 12:37:48 PM
Well mine wasn't really a date because it didn't get that far. I had met this guy on another dating site. He looked nothing like his picture. Anyway, so we had decided we were gonna go to the lake and talk. He told me he didn't want to park his truck where it was and wanted to move it. I said ok i will meet you in the other parking lot across the street. I waited and watched him leave that lot and go on down the road. I called him and he picked up the phone then hung up. I totally forgot about him til a couple weeks ago he contacted me again saying he wanted to take me out. I told him no because i didn't trust him and why did he ditch me in the first place. He said it was because I was so pretty all he could think about was sex with me and didn't wanna ruin it. After that he kept asking me out everyday saying he regretted what he did and we could have a great future together. I blew him off everytime. About 3 days ago i get a phone call from his phone but it was a woman and she called to tell me he was a player. Some guys are nuts
 5150Rivergirl
Msg: 20
worst date u went on
Posted: 10/11/2011 12:52:46 PM

He said it was because I was so pretty all he could think about was sex with me and didn't wanna ruin it.

HAHAHAHAHA!! Is that the best bullchit line he could give? What a prick. Not only ditch you, but insulted your intelligence too. What a douche.
 sg99
Msg: 22
view profile
History
worst date u went on
Posted: 10/11/2011 7:50:52 PM
Worst dates...wow, there are so many...

1) The one that showed up drunk and didn't look anything like her pictures (in her photos, she was brunette, maybe a size 4. In real life, she was a blonde, say size 16)

2) The one that had a really bad lisp. Now I always talk on the phone first.

3) The one that didn't say anything. Nothing. Nada. She emailed me the next day to say that I was her first date after being married for 15 years and was so nervous she couldn't talk. Being an optimist, I can now say I know what it would have been like to dine with Marcel Marceau.

4) The doctor that insisted that our gay waiter was staring at her chest.

5) The girl who chastised me on our date because a year earlier, I had been emailing with her and just stopped. I had forgotten. Probably deserved that one.

6) The one where a really fat guy sat down behind my date and I could see his butt crack the entire date. I was torn as to whether or not I should tell her. I didn't want to ruin her night, so I didn't. I was probably a horrible date because it was hard to look at her with that "thing" staring at me when I did.
 gentleplus
Msg: 23
view profile
History
worst date u went on
Posted: 10/12/2011 7:23:56 AM
MsTennis....

I am not surprised

Consider this.... when men get in the presence of a woman that is clearly above them in character, intellect, conduct, etc they either get like a silly school kid or become an offensive angry beast..... a mature man of character will treat you as his equal with kindness and respect...
 cooldog65
Msg: 24
view profile
History
worst date u went on
Posted: 10/12/2011 7:39:32 AM
Here you go Rusty
 cooldog65
Msg: 26
view profile
History
worst date u went on
Posted: 10/12/2011 5:27:05 PM
That emoticon is colon 38 colon with no spaces in between.

Just helping Rusty out. We posters have to stick together.
 EddieFreddie1969
Msg: 28
worst date u went on
Posted: 10/13/2011 9:45:38 AM
Went on a first date with a girl I met on here to a local pub. Was a nice girl and the conversation was going well until, all of a sudden, she has a boogie. What made it even worse it was one of those breathing boogies...you know, the ones that keep going in and out of your nose as you breath. Obviously I was way distracted at this point and scared to death that it would fly out on the next exhale, right into my drink.
 Archangel_07
Msg: 29
worst date u went on
Posted: 10/13/2011 10:40:27 AM
when on a first date and she asked me where's my car. I told her it's parked why? so you can drive me and my 2 kids around. While walking down the shopping strip she's asks again where'd you park. I say down the street it's not that far. Then she's like I'm going to go shopping, I'm like I'll stay and wait for you. While she's shopping I pull up with my car and wait for her, she's outside talking to some next dude. I smile and say hi and drive off . Learning experience of dating, act right and she wouldn't have to be downgraded.
 jan1025
Msg: 30
view profile
History
worst date u went on
Posted: 10/13/2011 2:38:58 PM
Worse than a dog, but a date with a humping man: NOT FUNNY then, but funny now:

Just got to the beach, standing there catching the sunset, and others where there also standing at a distance. He started humping my right side of my hip.

I looked at him, he stopped.

Turned watching the sunset again, and he started to hump my side of my body (my hip).

I moved away from him. Looked at him.

Started watching the sunset again. He put his arm around me, and started to hump my hip again.

By this time I couldn't take it anymore and I said, "what is your problem?" He said, nothing.
I was like ok, let's go.
We get in the car, drove a few feet away, and he (we) ran out of gas.
I get home (after I paid for his gas).
My daughters boyfriend had to put a new battery in his car. Got to be kidding me!
When the battery didnt fit, we had to go back to the store (we had ten minutes to get to the store before it closed), because he bought a motorcycle battery by mistake It's true!

He did find his reciept in the parking lot, so that was good. (I'm not making this up!) It's true when I took him to the store to buy a battery, I waited in the (running) car (if we turned it off, it wouldn't start again) while he ran in to buy it, when he came out he threw the receipt in the parking lot, un beknowing to me!

Get back to my place, my daughter's boyfriend put the battery in his car for him, and he finally left.

Called me the next day, and asked me out again. I was about to hung up on him when I told him I didn't think it would work between us, so then he asked me if my daughter was interested in dating him?

OMG, I could not get rid of this guy!

In a nut shell. I forgot to mention the police that had to come while we were broken down, and that the reason why I even paid for his gas and took him back to the store to return the wrong battery he bought was because it was a holiday and he had to get to his mother the next day.... she had cancer and was dieing.

That was the worse date ever! I wish I could tell you all the inbetween mishaps that are too long to go into because if I could you all would be laughing your arses off!
 RT_2
Msg: 31
worst date u went on
Posted: 10/13/2011 4:28:40 PM
Background: met a girl who was just about to end her last semester at a local university, spent a couple hours with her, had a great time. About a week later went on a date with her that lasted several hours, mostly good though she lashed out verbally a few times, she called that night realizing her behavior had been inappropriate. She and I weren't compatible long-term (she was eager to have babies), but she seemed good for a summer romance; she would probably move out of the area within a few months.

The bad date was with her at Shakespeare in the Park, her idea and she was upset I didn't suggest something to do within 5-10 seconds after she asked. The reason I had nothing was she had just told me she did not graduate, had to take a class over the summer! I was stunned she wasn't be able to complete/pass a basketweaving class! Knew her summer class would cause her possible stress and her studies should take priority over any romantic activity. Agreed to go with her to the play on opening weekend.

Early afternoon the day of the performance, I called her to arrange the details. We agreed I would drive to her apartment, then we'd go together in my truck. Both of us would have already had dinner. When the play was over I'd drive her back to her place, then ... ??? She sounded quite enthusiastic on the phone. Cleaned my truck. Called her again just as I was about to walk out the door. Her demeanor had changed. Now she wanted us to drive there separately. Sounds like she got cold feet. It would be wiser if I had asked if she wanted to go some other night (a similar situation occurred this year and I was able to break it off because this year the girl was even colder). Would have been easier for me if she had already gotten cold the first time I called in early afternoon, then I could have postponed the date and found something good to do.

Didn't have trouble finding her even though she looked different: her hair color changed from the first two times we were together. When I arrived, an usher was standing close to her so I sat rather far from her on her blanket. She didn't seem to want me near her. I remarked how I had to move my feet back when other attendees were walking by - the typical response would be for her to pat the ground next to her and say to move up close to her. Instead, she made a bitter sarcastic remark of "Oh, that's so rough!" As a whole, the conversations we had before the play and during intermission were polite/civil, but she made a few other intent-to-wound sarcastic jabs, and she also tried to make me feel guilty about some things, and she let some conversations die. She also told stories showing her dysfunction, for example she didn't attend a friend's recent wedding because they forgot her birthday! Not only that, the previous Saturday she didn't attend services at her synagogue because they were honoring the couple's marriage.

The performance (Merry Maids of Windsor) was good enough, but the wicked female characters seemed mild compared to my date! She seemed to be in a mini-breakdown. When the play ended, I offered to walk with her to her car; she declined. Next day I emailed her asking if she got home safe; she replied yes and wished me well on the new job I was about to start. Never saw her again (shrug). Admission was free at the event, but my opportunity cost for going on the bad date was high - it was Memorial Day weekend and there were plenty of better things I could have done. My bad for not cancelling at the first indication she was going to be a head case. This year it was Taming of the Shrew and if I hadn't bailed out, this year's head case (who I never saw again) might have been much more of a shrew than the one in the play. I'm 0 for 2 on Shakespeare dates; will probably suggest something else next time a girl wants to go on one!
 Fleuron
Msg: 32
worst date u went on
Posted: 10/13/2011 5:54:49 PM
This thread is great!

EddieFreddie1969, that story made me want to retch.

When I was with my last ltr and that kind of issue appeared with him, I’d just hand him a tissue and walk away for a while. He was cool with that.
 Glenoran1
Msg: 33
worst date u went on
Posted: 10/13/2011 8:10:55 PM
RT_2, whatever you do, don't invite the next one to MacBeth! (grin).
 tsmith26
Msg: 34
view profile
History
worst date u went on
Posted: 10/13/2011 9:59:10 PM
My last date talked the whole time about her History of Cocaine use, selling cocain, her miscarried child due to drugs... and how she got pregnant with her second child because of her ex "dead beat boyfriend" Then she told me about her mom that has Aids and is a Lesbian. I mean come on can you really top that!!?? Plus my stupid ass took her out to a fancy ass restaurant! Not good!
 CKM_ATX
Msg: 35
worst date u went on
Posted: 10/13/2011 10:08:45 PM
You sound like you were the perfect gentlemen--and they're hard to find! She was at fault for not controlling the dog. Period!!!
 cooldog65
Msg: 36
view profile
History
worst date u went on
Posted: 10/13/2011 10:38:55 PM
@tsmith26: Never take a first date to a fancy restaurant. Your story proves my point.
 EddieFreddie1969
Msg: 37
worst date u went on
Posted: 10/14/2011 6:10:52 AM
This thread is great!

EddieFreddie1969, that story made me want to retch.

When I was with my last ltr and that kind of issue appeared with him, I’d just hand him a tissue and walk away for a while. He was cool with that.

Well I did keep rubbing my nose hoping she would get the hint. Even excused myself to go to the restroom, hoping when I returned it would be gone. Nope, still flapping along.
 jan1025
Msg: 39
view profile
History
worst date u went on
Posted: 10/14/2011 9:19:21 PM
January:

Thank God/Spirit the universe you made it home safe and weren't raped!

You were one of the lucky ones!

I can't imagine it... I wouldn't want to!
 computergeek361
Msg: 40
worst date u went on
Posted: 10/15/2011 5:27:48 PM
I met this woman on another dating site. We decided to meet at a local bar. I showed up and she had 6 of her friends with her and 'surprise' it's her birthday! So I bought a round of drinks for everybody and tried to talk to her a little, but by the time I got there she was pretty wasted. Eventually she spilled a drink all over me and passed out. Her friends really liked me and tried to make excuses for her, but that was the last time I saw her.

I went on a date with another woman who was into numerology. She asked me my birthdate, the number of people in my family, etc. I went along with it for awhile until she pulled out a picture of Abraham Lincoln she carries in her purse, and told me she was numerically equal to Lincoln. Then she asked if I could give her $50 so she could pay her rent. I took her home before we went to dinner.
 cooldog65
Msg: 41
view profile
History
worst date u went on
Posted: 10/15/2011 7:13:44 PM
@computergeek361: Numerically equal to Lincoln means $.01 or $5, not $50 I would have told her.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > worst date u went on