Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > WHY on someones Favorite List but NO MSG??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 c_deacon
Msg: 5
view profile
History
WHY on someones Favorite List but NO MSG??Page 1 of 1    
Since men out number women on here and by far are much more aggressive with messaging many, adding many, and hitting on 100 in order to get two or three responses, the add to the favorite thing exists.

I choose now to not do that, and will let those that want to know me, email me or add me to their list with a follow up later on. I am one that if someone takes the time to contact me, I answer them at least once, and that is not the norm for here, so, if someone adds me, but does not message me within a month or so, I go through and delete those.

If more would not play all the games of how many I have to message to get a response, or women feeling that if they throw out that carrot of adding you, that you will take over and pursue them, we would not have all of this bull that exists. I even get emails from women, and then they are mad if I respond but do not pursue, but wait for them to share this with me equally. And, unless they say that they will write back to me soon or will get back to me, I answer each email sent to me, until one of us says......thank you but no thank you!!

cd............
 NetherShadow
Msg: 7
WHY on someones Favorite List but NO MSG??
Posted: 10/8/2011 3:10:15 PM
Two most common reasons are:

1. Busy messaging three others at the moment.

2. Still growing a pair.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2011 3:45:41 PM
Probably to see if the profile is legit. Most profiles are fake, and they are discarded because they use someone else's pictures, information, etc.

In my opinion? The best way to find out if the information posted is accurate contact the individual, and ask questions. If there is a something off that is a red flag.

I have seen a woman change a profile from athletic, to thin, to extra few pounds, and then back to athletic within one day.... I personally don't care how you define how you view yourself, but at least be consistent for at least more than 24 hours? Please? lol
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2011 6:03:22 PM
the problem is that whoever created this feature decided to name it 'favorites,' thus freighting it with all kinds of expectations and assumptions and consequent drama. a more neutral name would be 'bookmarks,' just like the internet browsers we all use, but where's the fun in that?
 EasyPeasy72
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/8/2011 6:27:09 PM
What is the favorites list, how do you access it? I'd love to see it.
 njnyvamo
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2011 7:09:49 PM
I do that sometimes because there so many profiles coming at me at once. You look at those who viewed you in the viewed me section, mutual match, ultra match, etc etc. In order for me to write to you it takes a lot of thought. I do not always have the time to write a well thought out letter. So I would add you to my favorites in hopes to write you within the next few days as time permits. I hope this helps un- cloud some of the mystery, Joe
 wayfarer4you
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2011 7:11:40 PM
in this pond of water its called adding you to the list of those lady's I'd like to meet when I grow a set !!!
This site is somtimes like Jr highschool dance's , with the lady's over there and the guys over on the other side of the room waiting to see who's going to make the first move ...
heres a fast way to pull the wool over his eyes ( write him once he fav's you ) and the problem is taken care of easy as pie and all that poo .
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > WHY on someones Favorite List but NO MSG??