Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Looking for those who want to discuss WWE, Pro Wrestling      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bethatgirl23
Msg: 1
Looking for those who want to discuss WWE, Pro WrestlingPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Hey everyone! I've pretty much given up on the dating aspect of this site so Im trying out the forums for awhile. Since none of my friends are really into sports, I don't have anyone to discuss or have friendly debates about it with. Im mainly looking to discuss WWE or Pro Wrestling in general since just about no one I know watches it at all and im a pretty hardcore fan. Not looking for those that immediately call u an idiot for having differeng opinions. Just friendly debate and discussion about what's currently going on, ur favorites and least favorites, memories and classic moments, all that good stuff. I do watch NFL and Boxing too if u want to throw those in there also lol.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Looking for those who want to discuss WWE, Pro Wrestling
Posted: 10/11/2011 1:03:44 PM
Hey i watch pro wrestling. Yes everyone knows it's fake, but it's a form of entertainment just like watch a movie or a show. You should checkout www.wrestleview.com good solid wrestling place and click on interaction at the top where they have wrestling forums there to discuss all wrestling from diff era's to diff brands..
 bethatgirl23
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/11/2011 1:07:44 PM
Yeah that's exactly how I see it. I'll definitely check out the forums on that site. Thanks!
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2011 1:11:03 PM
You're welcome i've been going there for a while now. A lot of good solid wrestling fan posters from all age ranges that post there. If you are really into wrestling that's the site to go to.
 Squirrely1
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/11/2011 5:06:20 PM
Long time fan here, been watching wrestling since the good old days, and still haven't figured out how people can watch Jersey Shore and say it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, yet I watch wrestling and I get ****ed at.

But as far as favorite moments and the sort go, I'd have to say anything from the Attitude Era was gold, and more recently, WWE has started to perk my interest again.
 cooldog65
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2011 6:36:16 PM
@bethatgirl23: You are awesome for being a hardcore wrestling fan! My favorite time was the attitude era, too. When WCW was competing with WWF/WWE, it was incredible how they went back and forth with each other. That time period had the best personalities on the mic. The new talent could use a few pointers from the veterans. Latest edition of Tough Enough was a joke. Too much like scripted reality TV.
 bethatgirl23
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/16/2011 9:31:08 PM
Thanx everyone for joining in on this. I started watching when I about 7 years old just before the peek of the Attitude Era in '97 so I'd have to say that is definitely my favorite era. And the Monday Night Wars, I preferred WWF but still flipped back n forth to Nitro during commercials and watched Thunder. Then randomly stumbled upon ECW during a night that my brother and I stayed up waaaay past our bed time. Couldn't believe what I was seeing lol. So how does everyone feel about the product nowadays? I tune in to TNA sporadically but I just can't seem to get into it. They have skilled wrestlers but the stories just don't keep my interest. And I know there are all kinds of backstage and money issues too. As far as the WWE, during the Attitude Era it wasn't an option for me to miss any RAW, SmackDown, or PPV. But during the last couple of years if I missed an episode of RAW or SmackDown, I didn't really care. It was just sorta stale and predictable. It still has major flaws right now but it has definitely picked up and sparked interest again. Oh and by the way, I really dislike John Cena lol
 Squirrely1
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/18/2011 4:07:41 PM
hahahahaha, just discovered ECW, that's awesome. Name off a couple of ECW guys you saw, just so we can have a general idea of where in the ECW timeline you are.

As far as WWE goes, I've never been a fan of smackdown, don't ask why, it's just never been my thing. Raw, I used to watch religiously, but after Stone Cold retired, and the Rock sold out, I kind of stopped caring. The storylines got stale, and the characters were all rehashed gimmicks, it just wasn't fun anymore, it was to predictable. But lately, I guess specifically dating back to the summer, when we found out that CM Punk's contract was about to expire, it got harder and harder to figure out what was going on, where the swerves were gonna come, and whether or not CM Punk was really shooting with a live mic. I have to say, over the past 5 months, I've been paying more attention to wrestling, than I have in the last 5 years.

Now tell me, have you watched any stuff from Japan? Those guys know how to throwdown, and some of the, pardon my language, shit they do is AMAZING!!!!!
 PoeticPatriot
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/18/2011 4:51:48 PM
Wrestling is the best soap opera on television. I personally watch wrestling for the Diva's on WWE, but the rest of the show is still entertaining. The plots. The drama. The suspense. It's all fun to watch.
 bethatgirl23
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/18/2011 7:58:09 PM
@Squirrely1 No, I didn't just discover ECW now lol. I meant back when I was a kid I randomly discovered it flipping thru channels late one night. This was also probably about '97.

I agree with you about SmackDown. After top guys left I started losing interest in it. I can't watch it anyway bcuz I work Friday nights but I never feel like Im missing anything. Haven't had one of those moments where Im literally on the edge of my seat in a while.

I've never seen the Japan guys other than a few clips here and there but from the little bit that I've seen, they are pretty awesome.
 YayForBeer
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2011 8:49:20 AM
I don't really watch the current shows, but I am a huge wrestling fan. Most of the wrestling I watch is in the format of old DVDs and youtube videos. I've probably watched my Randy Savage 3-DVD set a dozen times now.. I never get tired of the matches between Savage and Steamboat.

I have a decent collection of WWE DvDs.. Bret Hart, Undertaker, Savage, Steamboat, Ric Flair, Jake the snake, etc etc.. that was my favorite time in wrestling. I'd say right about when the Rock left to go make movies was when I stopped watching regularly, or ordering pay per views.

The new WWE Doesn't really do anything for me though. I can't stand CM Punk, or Cena. Austin is gone, and the Undertaker is still the Undertaker, but he's just not as badass as he used to be.

trh1268
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2011 8:56:55 PM
I was in 7th grade and my first match on t.v. i saw took place at Madison Square Garden in New York it was Rocky Johnson vs Superstar Billy Graham and my First wrestling match i attended at Madison Square Garden was the night Bob Backlund lost the title to the Iron Sheik. I enjoyed the era from the Bob Backlund days to Hulk Hogan, to Bret Hart, to Rocky Johnson, to Steve Austin. Today the Triple H era is a show, scripted, phony, too many divas, i lost interests. I miss the NWA where they had Sting, Lex Luger, Rick Flair era. I also miss the AWA where they had Nick Bockwinkel, Harley Race, Ric Martel era. Those back then were real and serious.
 Squirrely1
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/31/2011 7:26:44 PM
You should look up Hyabusa, more specifically "The Phoenix Splash". Dude and his finisher are both awesome.

Also, The Muppets hosting Raw tonight, got it recording on the DVR, can't wait to watch it when I get off shift :D
 TIEIAMI135
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/9/2011 1:48:44 PM
IS it me or was wrestling better when we had: ECW WCW and WWf instead of just...ww...E? :)
 trh1268
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2011 5:47:13 PM
wrestling was better back in the 80's, when it was real and not entertaining, today there is too many model contests and bikini contests for women. NWO was good for a while.
 Mikemiller2011
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/10/2011 7:18:29 AM
I have watched wrestling for almost 30 years. I have known people who worked in the business, from announcers and actual wrestlers. I met The Rock, Ken Shamrock, Santana, Valentine, RVD, Rhino, among many others. I can say todays product is the worse I have ever seen when it comes to booking. In WWE, the talent all looks the same, the promos are scripted 100% (back until 1999, they were ad-libbed), the angles are mostly god awful. For example. The whole Rock/Cena teaming up is a joke. The way the angle is booked, Cena can dipose of both Miz and R-Truth by himself or just a get a jobber partner like Zack Ryder, why does he need Rock? Now, SS will draw a bigger buyrate because of Rock's first match back, but it waters down WM (which will still draw based on name alone). The titles do not mean a thing anymore since they are so frequent. IN 78 days, the WWE title changed 8 times!! There are way too many PPV's at this point, so they are just like paying 45 bucks for a 3 hour Raw show. Then you go to Impact, where I like the talent better. Only thing is, you got horrible booking there too. The Beer Money split should have been over a 6 month period. Instead, they went from part A, to part D, and skipped B and C. I have enjoyed Impact more weeks than WWE, but not saying much. Overall, the industry overbooked everything last 15 years or so, now nothing matters anymore.
 Metal_Mike667
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/12/2011 9:58:23 PM
Watched WCW Back in the day I followed sting the Most his rivalry with Hogan was epic, The NWO factions was mainly why I watched it back in the Day. Wrestling isnt as good as it use to be Although Im a huge fan of Cm Punk he makes raw fun
 Natgoat
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/17/2011 9:15:29 AM
I'm wondering if Shan-O will buy TNA Impact...!!
 readytogetgoing
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/15/2011 8:32:32 AM
OMG,i started watching as a young kid with my grandfather,who swore it was real ! I live in st.louis and every sunday morning we had "wrestling at the chase" at 11:00. I remember harley race,who lives here,the briscoe brothers,the funk brothers,king kong brody. My poor grandfather would be sitting at the edge of the chair,sweating profusely,buy the time it was over. Brings back great memories
 readytogetgoing
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/15/2011 8:41:45 AM
I'll throw some names out and see if they ring a bell for anyone. How bout bulldog bob brown,black jack lanza,rufas r jones,von ratcke. I actually sat next to Rick Flair years ago on a plane.Super nice guy!
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2011 10:23:34 PM
yeah and he is still wrestling flair is to this day. lol he is a complete shell of himself. it's sad to see wrestlers way past their prime still wrestle all they are doing is hurting their legacy like hogan is. Both flair and hogan should have retired 10 years ago.
 readytogetgoing
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/20/2011 7:15:03 AM
IT'S GOT TO BE THE MONEY AND BEING IN THE SPOTLIGHT,JUST LIKE ANY OTHER ATHLETE. I KNOW FLAIR AND HOGAN ARE WELL INTO THIER FIFTIES. KEVIN NASH IS THE SAME AGE I AM,54. HE WAS ACTUALLY AN ALL-AMERICAN CENTER(BASKETBALL) AT THE UNIV.OF TENN.,IN 1977
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2011 7:19:29 AM
Well when you owe 3 ex wives like Flair does alimony i guess you have to work. Flair is in his early 60's now. Hogan is doing it for ego like flair. They don't want to retire HBK was smart he got out while he was still at his peak and he has no plans on returning to wrestling.
 readytogetgoing
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/20/2011 1:44:01 PM
I THINK THE ECW IS KINDA THE SENIORS TOUR OF GOLF. IT'S WHERE YOU GO WHEN YOU CAN'T COMPETE WITH THE BIG BOYS,BUT STILL CANT GIVE IT UP. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO LEX LUGER ? AND WHY DID STING NEVER JOIN THE WWE
 trh1268
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2011 4:49:59 PM
Lex Luger is in jail for crimminal neglictant, Her roomate ''Miss Elizabeth'' over dosed on PED pills which was purchased illeagally by Luger couple years ago. I maybe wrong someone come up with the facts if they know?
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Looking for those who want to discuss WWE, Pro Wrestling