Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Playing with Madness
Msg: 1
Tebow TimePage 1 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
I am sure any of you who follow the NFL know who Time Tebow is. I am a die hard Broncos fan and I have to say I am excited to watch him play. Now, do I think he is the Messiah, the Chosen one? No, what I do know is he is exciting to watch. Win or lose, it is always entertaining. I know he has been beaten up in the media about poor mechanics, not being able to see the field like all the other quarterbacks. Winning is never pretty, and most of his performance are not statistically pretty, but he does it where it counts, and that is in the win column.

So I ask you fellow football fans. Are you curious to see how he does during the rest of the season? Are you excited? Or do you think he is just a bum?
 Sportsfreak89
Msg: 2
Tebow Time
Posted: 10/11/2011 11:55:18 PM
Though I do not think he will blow away any team's secondary, he will show the country just how far a good work ethic goes. He may not bring insane stats to every game but I think he will silently keep his team in each game because of the fact he's a dual threat who can pass better than some think and is so big he can plow over defensive backs with a lowering of his shoulders.
 nipoleon
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 10/16/2011 2:34:35 AM
Let's see what happens with the Tebow fans in Denver when he starts a few games and loses.

I believe Doug Flutie had a very respectable winning record in Chicago when he played there. He also won a few Grey Cups in Canada as I remember.
 40Golfer
Msg: 4
Tebow Time
Posted: 10/16/2011 7:50:01 AM
Tebow may not be the best pro, but he knows how to lead and he knows how to win. I would take him over more than half of today's starting NFL qbs. McNabb, Cutler, Orton sure could learn a lot from this guy, even Romo could take a few notes.
 MGMLION
Msg: 5
Tebow Time
Posted: 10/24/2011 10:12:38 AM

Tebow wasn't exceptional, but did enough to help Denver get the win!

He was exceptional the last 3 minutes of the game.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 10/24/2011 10:24:53 AM
I say let him play for the rest of the season. I mean, the guy has some talent, he can scarmble out of the pocked and make plays with his feet with the best of them in this league right now. His teamates got behind him. Sure he isn't a Manning, Brady by any means but give him time to develope by going out there and allow him to play each sunday which will allow him to get looks from all types of defenses that will allow him develope as a QB. Making him sit on the bench isn't going to do anything for him.
 feltersnatch
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 10/24/2011 12:17:30 PM

His teamates got behind him. Sure he isn't a Manning, Brady by any means but give him time to develope by going out there and allow him to play each sunday which will allow him to get looks from all types of defenses that will allow him develope as a QB. Making him sit on the bench isn't going to do anything for him.

And Tebow has a great attitude toward things...The guy is grateful in whatever position they put him in. If its backup or being a starter.
 MGMLION
Msg: 8
Tebow Time
Posted: 10/25/2011 8:10:32 AM
Tim Tebow was Terrible the first 3 1/2 Quarters...
 stpaul_guy
Msg: 9
Tebow Time
Posted: 10/25/2011 3:06:27 PM
Tebow GL in the NFL. With that said, can we stop hearing about him on NFL network and ESPN yet? Ok, we ****ing GET that he just played his first regular season game.. and all the hype and all that bullshit...

but really... are you the only ****ing topic in the NFL thats going on right now.. or even in the top 5 most interesting?

Cheers NFL fans
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 10/25/2011 7:27:23 PM
Who cares about TO. The guy is 37 years old. Does he not realize that his days are numbered in this league. it's not Oct 25, 2001, it's Oct 25, 2011. You're 37 years old not 27 years old anymore. You were just lucky to play this long in the league. 37 in football years is like 67 in human years in terms of the wear and tare you put on your body as a football player over the years.
 Natgoat
Msg: 11
Tebow Time
Posted: 10/31/2011 9:46:46 AM
As a former Denver resident(20 yrs), I try to follow the Broncs as much as possible...
When I think of TT, I think of 3 other exciting, athletic QB's...:
Tarkenton....Flutie...and Vick !!
A n yway......The coaches should put in plays (Including blocking-schemes)
that fit TT's Style....movement and running!!
He can only be as effective as his Blockers Allow him to be..!!
Wear the defense out in the 1st half, and he would pick them Apart in the second...Sitting down..!!
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 10/31/2011 10:39:54 AM
Let the man play. He's only played in 5 NFL games and some people are acting like he has played in 50 NFL games. He's got a lot to work on, but the guy can't develope by being on the bench. It's not like the Broncos have any better QB options. Orton has played like crap and what's his excuse? The man has been in the league and started a hell more games then Tebow has. Tebow is only going to get better in time and i think this was a good learning curve for him to face a defense like the Lions which has one of the best defenses in the league right now.
 TDH49
Msg: 13
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/1/2011 8:58:23 AM

Let the man play. He's only played in 5 NFL games and some people are acting like he has played in 50 NFL games
He can play 500 games and it would make no difference. Tim Tebow is not a nfl Quarterback and never will be a nfl quarterback. He can't throw the ball 10 yards down field, and last I checked playing quarterback required you to at least be able to do that.

He is totally lost on the field. He is like a high school Quarterback attempting to play in the NFL. It's embarrassing and kind of sad watching him humiliate himself out there. But if that's what it takes for some delusional people to come back to reality, then I say keep playing him. Play him as long as it takes for you people to realize HE IS NOT CAPABLE OF PLAYING QUARTERBACK IN THE NFL.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/1/2011 9:19:13 AM
^^^^^^So you justify 5 games for him being a total loss? LOL

He can't throw the ball 10 yards down the field what are you basing this on one game? He sure threw the ball more then 10 yards down the field when they beat Miami and when he almost put Denver in the position to win the game against the Chargers back in Week 5.

Don't blame this all on Tebow, because the Broncos offensive coaching staff also needs to take a lot of the heat for not developing him correctly. What was he doing all of last season? Sitting on the bench. He wasn't getting any reps, he wasn't getting any preparations to face defenses or anything else. They basically threw Tebow out there, with next to little to no preparations to get him ready to play. You tell me how many rookie QB's that sit on the bench for an entire season or more and come out playing good or even decent for that matter? I mean, look at Painter he is a prime example of that. He sat behind the bench for 3 years behind Manning and he is winless this season as a starting QB! Tebow isn't winless, he has won already as a starting QB in only his 5th game and he was thrown out there just like Painter was. So to say Tebow is not an NFL QB only after 5 games due to a bad game against a top rated defense is truly ridiculous to say the least. The problem is Tebow is playing for the wrong team. I will almost gurantee you that if the steelers drafted him he would come out to be a lot better QB then he is now if he was faced to play a game. Why? Well the Steelers have a much better offensive coaching staff then the Bronco's and a much better defensive coaching staff and a much better defense then the Broncos, which would correlate into much better preparations. Coaching staff has a lot to do with developing a QB.
 TDH49
Msg: 15
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/1/2011 9:48:42 AM
So you justify 5 games for him being a total loss?
It's very easy to see who has the potential to play the position and who don't. When Elway started he took one hell of a beating but you could see he was going to make one hell of a quarterback.

Cam Newtom has only had 7 starts in the NFL but from his FIRST start you can see he was going to be one hell of a NFL Quarterback. I have to laugh now when I think of how delusional Denver fans were actually comparing Tebow to Newton. Man that's taking being delusional to a whole new level. One is a future pro bowler and the other should be carrying a clip board for his entire career until he gets cut. Denver can't even trade him now that he is playing, which GM in his right mind would give two nickels for him and keep his job?

Tebows own players have no faith in him. John Elways have no faith in him. The moron who drafted him in the first round should be fired(Oh never mind scratch that, he did lose his job). Ray Charles can see that Tebow sucks at playing quarterback in the NFL and he is both blind and dead(God rest his soul).

A deer caught in headlights have more poise than Tim Tebow does on a football field. He looks totally and utterly lost taking snaps in the NFL.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/1/2011 10:04:25 AM
^^^^^Really you can just tell after 5 games? Come on. How many QB's in this league started out fantastic? Not too many. Yes there are a few acceptions, but the vast majority of QB's starting out doesn't have the coaching staff or the team that a lot of those other good QB's coming out of the gate had.

Cam Newton also has a better offensive coaching staff than what Tebow has in Denver. The panthers, are giving him plays he feels comfortable with. Newton was also prept all this past off season to start as their QB. Tebow was still sitting on the bench behind Orton.

Tebow's own players have no faith in him? They sure gave him a lot of faith last week against Miami when they rallyed behind him and won that game. They had faith in him in week 5 when they rallyed around him when Denver almost came back and beat the chargers. So i really have no idea where you base this on.

So again you blame it on Tebow yet want to negate the fact that coaching staff has a lot to do with it. You think if Newton was surround by the same coaching staff Tebow has in Denver that he would be playing this good now? No. The panthers coaching staff under Rob Chudzinski and Mike Shula are one of the reasons why Newton is playing so well, because they are keeping his read routes simple to what he is comfortable with doing and developing the offensive line around what he was used to doing in college. In Denver it's a totally diff story, they are basicly throwing Tebow out there to an offense that he isn't familiar with and read routes that he isn't used to reading. Big diff between both teams and how they are developing their QB's.
 TDH49
Msg: 17
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/1/2011 10:10:05 AM
When the Panthers look at Newton they see their quarterback for the next 12/15 years. When the Denver staff look at Tebow they think " The idiot who picked him in the first round must have been on drugs" . Maybe that's why they are being handled differently. Tebow is only playing because the delusional fans bullied them into playing him. They will just be playing him long enough until those same delusional fan see what the staff always knew. He sucks at playing quarterback in the NFL.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/1/2011 10:13:01 AM
Like I said base this on actual figures and not one or two games against one of the top ranked defenses in the league and then your statement will become creditable. He is 1-1 as a starter and that isn't too bad considering he has only started in 2 games. Oh yeah and it doesn't help much when Denver's offensive line is one of the worse against the pass rush in the league either.

There isn't anything wrong with Tebow you can't fix. Give him a good offensive coaching staff and the problems that he is having right now will be fixed. He has some mechanical issues to work on, but that isn't anything that can't be fixable. Like I said surround him with a good offensive coaching staff and he will develope into a quality QB much quicker.
 TDH49
Msg: 19
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/1/2011 6:44:26 PM
There isn't anything wrong with Tebow you can't fix. Give him a good offensive coaching staff and the problems that he is having right now will be fixed. He has some mechanical issues to work on, but that isn't anything that can't be fixable.

That's too funny. At least you have a sense of humour ...Good one buddy. For you to be serious about the above you would have to be a tad delusional. And you seem way too level headed for that.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/1/2011 8:05:54 PM
Really? Then why don't you just explain to me with your oh so vast superior knowledge of the NFL (LOL) how Tebow with the right coaching staff and time can't fix his problems he is having now. I would love to hear an actual logistical reasoning other then the typical Tebow sucks rants as your rebuttal which holds no ground what so ever.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/1/2011 8:33:34 PM
You know paul many people said the same exact thing to Bradshaw. His throwing motion was terrible, he got booed out of pittsburgh, people were calling him stupid and everything else for the first 3 years of his career and look what happened. He became a solid QB and helped the Steelers win 4 superbowls. I just don't see how some people can judge him when he really hasn't had the reps or the exp on the NFL field yet. Give the man a chance. Let him play. If he hasn't improved any by this time next year then you can start to make an a real logical assessment on the guy as QB.

could he play QB in a very competitive flagball league? NOPE, not even close.

Oh come on that's just silly. He won on the college level with national championships under his belt. Seriously....
 TDH49
Msg: 22
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/2/2011 4:59:51 AM

Give the man a chance. Let him play. If he hasn't improved any by this time next year then you can start to make an a real logical assessment on the guy as QB.
They can't afford to give him much longer. My guess is they will have to see some kind of progress after the Raiders this weekend or he is done, never to be heard from again. The coach was seriously thinking about making a change for the Raider game but decided to let him play. So it's pretty much put up or shut up time for him and his delusional fan base. But at least the fan base is coming back to reality.

And stop comparing Tebow to Bradshaw it's just silly. Bradshaw could always thrown the ball down field accurately. Tebow can't hit the side of a barn if it's 10 yards down accurately. You can't play quarterback in the NFL tossing only 5 yard slants. Sooner or later you have to go deep or you will get killed. Guess what? he is getting killed because of his inability to at lease keep the defence honest with the threath of the long pass.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/2/2011 10:08:39 AM

And stop comparing Tebow to Bradshaw it's just silly. Bradshaw could always thrown the ball down field accurately. Tebow can't hit the side of a barn if it's 10 yards down accurately. You can't play quarterback in the NFL tossing only 5 yard slants. Sooner or later you have to go deep or you will get killed. Guess what? he is getting killed because of his inability to at lease keep the defence honest with the threath of the long pass.

That's some sort of joke right? In what years are you watching Bradshaw throw the ball post 1973? LOL You obv have little idea of how bad he threw the ball the first couple years of his career in the NFL. The man was getting booed out of pittsburgh, because he couldn't throw the ball let alone down field worth a damn. It wasn't until his 3rd season when he actually made the turn around. As a pittsburgh native I think i would know a little more about my own teams history then you. .

Hey guess what Denver has the worst offense against the pass rush in the league. that sure doesn't help does it. funny how you skip over that.
 MGMLION
Msg: 24
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/2/2011 12:28:45 PM

Bradshaw could always thrown the ball down field accurately.

With the receivers Bradshaw had (Swann, Stallworth) all he had to do was throw the ball up for grabs and they would jump up and get it or if it was overthrown they had enough speed to go get it. Bradshaw's receivers made him look great. And Tebow will not make it as a NFL QB.
 Natgoat
Msg: 25
Tebow Time
Posted: 11/2/2011 3:51:54 PM
I watched Elway as a rookie...and was HE effective...??
~ No ~ ! ! !
The offensive line said...:"This *Kid* just signed that Ginormous contract...and you want Me to block for Him..?!!...Get Stuffed!!"
As anyone in their 50's will tell you...John got Pounded Into The Ground...
like a Tent Stake for his first several games....
until they got ~The Message~...
"He's your Quarterback...
Protect him...
and Win Games
...OR...
You'll find yourself in _Cleveland_ by Thanksgiving..!!"
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Tebow Time