Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Could you eat Dog.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 badge73
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Could you eat Dog.Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

I know in some countrys they do eat dog's, attachment or not I couldnt eat dog.
Could you ?

i think many an old dog has been eaten on a friday night after a few stellas and scrumpy jacks ......
 Whitey5.10.74
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Could you eat Dog.
Posted: 10/12/2011 3:48:59 PM
No, never. I have 2 dogs, a rescue Patterdale that is 14 (had for 8 years) and a Staff cross puppy that is about 11 weeks old. I just could not bring myself to do it. They may do it in another cultures but nah, not for me.
 MikeWM
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Could you eat Dog.
Posted: 10/12/2011 4:19:46 PM
Have done and it wasnt bad actually

I did an alarm for a korean guy who had it shipped over here by relatives back home

No idea what kind of dog it was though (other than a dead one obviously lol)

But it was "meat", wouldnt have said it was like pork though, tasted more like a cheap beef cut to me tbh
 Bodiesroadie
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Could you eat Dog.
Posted: 10/12/2011 4:40:58 PM
Not mine!!!

But the odd stray...maybe...
 MikeWM
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Could you eat Dog.
Posted: 10/12/2011 4:45:42 PM
I'm just waiting to see if anyone misunderstands the question and said something like

"Depends what breed she is and how attractive they look. But I' expect to still buy her dinner first"

MiaCat74
Msg: 27
Could you eat Dog.
Posted: 10/13/2011 5:09:16 AM
No I couldnt
In general it is not natural for us to eat carnivores
and I couldnt eat something with a name

I was the same with rabbit, I had no problem cooking the rabbit and it smelt lovely, but as I sat down to tuck in I thought of all the people who own and love pet rabbits and I just went off the idea
 Whitey5.10.74
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Could you eat Dog.
Posted: 10/14/2011 6:16:16 AM
The worst thing I ever ate was a goat stew in Marrakesh
There are quite a few Afro Caribbean takeaways near me, I regularly eat goat with rice and peas. Love it.
 MikeWM
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Could you eat Dog.
Posted: 10/17/2011 1:30:40 PM
What I REALLY dont get is how many people would baulk at the idea of eating dog or horse meat but WILL use baby oil

How many babies have to be ground up, liquidised and strained to make one bottle of that stuff?

Warren_Evans
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Could you eat Dog.
Posted: 10/19/2011 12:44:22 PM
There is no difference from eating lamb ( little ball of cute fluff ), to eating a dog.
Once you get your head around the fact that it's edible it's fine.
Who would of thought that that duck you see paddling about on a pond, munching on the bead your child is throwing to it, would go well in a pancake. Or that cute little yellow ball of fluff called a chick will be cook all manner of ways in 6 months and your cids will be wanting a KFC or Mac Chicken sandwich.
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Could you eat Dog.
Posted: 10/20/2011 9:53:13 PM
have eaten dog and cat via a chinese restuarant I used to use, the owners had recently entered the country and when EHO did an inspection they found a freezer full of the local dogs and cats.

seems I had some alsatian, since it was the one that bit me in the past, was not upset at eating it

guess it is a cultural thing :)
 fractalena
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Could you eat Dog.
Posted: 10/22/2011 5:46:25 PM
Gosh, it is so nice to discover that there are so many posters (all of the posters so far) who are sensitive vegetarians! Cos really... dogs... beef...pork... chicken... they should be protected, not eaten!
On the other hand, if you try and pick a lettuce after 8 p.m., and hear how she screams... maybe you should switch to using protein powder for nutrition? It is mostly whey protein, so there is no cosmic power screaming murder at you.
 Bookbelle
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Could you eat Dog.
Posted: 10/23/2011 10:35:18 AM

TV chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall has said that there's no difference between eating pork and eating puppies.

The star of the River Cottage series thinks that the only thing stopping us doing so is our attachment to dogs as pets.

Speaking to the Radio Times, he said: “In principle, but not in practice, I have no objection to a high-welfare organic puppy farm.

I know in some countrys they do eat dog's, attachment or not I couldnt eat dog.
Could you ?

Yep, I could if I liked the taste.
They're not an endangered species. Or poisonous.
It's called the food chain.

It's not like you'll be eating your own pet, or go into a restaurant and be taken to choose the (still alive) dog you want to eat, like some places do with lobsters, and it's not like you form an attachment to it. " You'll have the Dog? Excellent choice, Madam. I can highly recommend that three year old chihuahua in the corner, the one named Twinkletoes."
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Could you eat Dog.