Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > First Date Expectations - Over 50      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 4
First Date Expectations - Over 50Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
That is unacceptable behaviour.

Is this the first time you met?

It would be a good idea to have a first meet.
See if you even have some attraction and then schedule a date.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 5
First Date Expectations - Over 50
Posted: 10/13/2011 10:02:52 AM
This just proves my theory that some men NEVER evolve.
 zippytwo
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/13/2011 10:29:15 AM
I had that happen on a first meet as well....there was no second meeting. Just plain rude. The guy kept phoning me trying to apologize but he'd already shown me who he was. First impressions are so important so use it wisely, right?
 pretzelman60
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/13/2011 10:54:35 AM
I think you know the answer to your question. NOBODY, regardless of age, should be groped in public. Whether it's a first date or walking down the isle, respect should be shown to the woman you are with.

I believe the guy you were with, is just an extreme behavior, as the majority of men would have more respect for you as well as themselves. We are way past the "young love" type of behavior. Most of us have mellowed with age, and are well seasoned in the ways of a gentlemen. At least I would hope so. But by the second date, I would expect you to remove all your clothing upon demand! Just kidding.

I am even opposed to public shows of affections. I think it lessons people's respect for the individual. Keep the affection for the home, or other places where people can't see what is going on in your romantic life. I know most disagree with this, but you don't have to walk in my shoe's
...I just wanted to do that

JMO
 c_deacon
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2011 11:01:21 AM
You know......I have to keep telling all those women that do that to me on our Meet and Greet.........the same thing!!..............

OT..............It does not matter the age, it is all about being both a Lady and a Gentleman, and that goes from start to finish in all things.........until you lock the bedroom door that is............

cd.................
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/13/2011 11:44:04 AM

The 58 y/o man just felt entitled to grope me all over IN PUBLIC! And when I told him to stop it, he said "C'mon. You're no virgin. What's with the games??" Really?

And your problem is????
You couldn't find the door?

*mae* flowers
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/13/2011 12:55:32 PM

I had that happen on a first meet as well....there was no second meeting. Just plain rude. The guy kept phoning me trying to apologize but he'd already shown me who he was. First impressions are so important so use it wisely, right?

...Can honestly say, I've never been groped. Been lucky I guess...HEY wait a minute!!!
Am I NOT grope worthy? But shd it happen...I know exactly what to do...kick him in the chicken...Right?

OT..............It does not matter the age, it is all about being both a Lady and a Gentleman, and that goes from start to finish in all things.........until you lock the bedroom door that is............

Can't think of a thing to add to this statement.......well I can but...*biting my tongue*

...mae
 c_deacon
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2011 1:51:15 PM
Thinking here.....hmmmmm......I have been known to have someone over to my place for dinner, wine, and to watch Monday Night Football!!..... Just not on a first date or meet and greet!

There are those places that will allow you to watch some sports, have some hot wings or pizza and still afford enough privacy to talk and get to know each other on that meet and greet or first date. If there is enough attraction and chemistry, you could even take a nice walk and talk in the evening air......

I do not think that the day of the week should stop either of you, and in fact, I rather have a meet and greet during the week, or as morning brunch activity, and not feel all those other outside distractions and will be there on weekends!

cd............
 abelian
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/13/2011 2:50:06 PM
I'm not sure why you think being over 50 has anything to do with it. He was probably no different when he was 20.

That is unacceptable behaviour.

It's also technically a class A misdemeanor, at least in Texas.
 trinity818
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/13/2011 3:11:30 PM
I think you should have bolted as soon as he started. People like that will never learn or he would have already. No respect whatsoever.

You don't have to be polite or let him down easy. I would have told him to stick it, and walked out. (After paying for my whatever, first.)

Did your conversations prior to meeting include sexual innuendo? Because that would be a huge red flag for me.
 threestring
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/13/2011 3:46:42 PM
I was leaning up against a bar years ago when someone grabbed my ass. Naturally I jumped not expecting it. It was an average looking girl I never saw before. It really was not a good opener, I like to get to know someone a little better before they fondle me. She apologized and went away. I thought she might be a little loony.

Later that night after the last set the band was off the stage and everybody was calling for an encore. Next thing you knew she was on stage, apologized to the band but this was her last night in town and she always wanted to play that stage once being that it was the premier place in town. She then belted out an amazing Janice Joplin. When she finished the song the place went wild, too bad she upstaged the band though.

It was then I realized that she must have seen me there a few times before as I would stop by once in a while as I knew some of the people that worked there. Shame she never introduced herself before, the little that I caught of her personality on stage was enough to make me curious about her. Mind you, she might just have been some loony in the end.

The lesson of the story? Check with the person first when you want to grope them.
 pretzelman60
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/13/2011 3:46:47 PM
breathing out of the wrong nostril is a misdeaner in Texas! LOL
Just kidding

JMO
 Giggles10000
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/13/2011 5:50:54 PM
Op, relax and take a deep breath, YOU DID NOTHING WRONG...

I went thru a series of guys with bad manners who did exactly the same thing and tried to blame it on whatever convenient reason they came up with (My favorite was the guy who defend the attempt by saying he wanted to test me to see what type of woman I was). First there are some women who like it and permit it and that is the basic reason some men do it.

You can order up basically anything you want on POF; there are all kinds of people on this site. The hard part is fingering out who is who. As an example I was flying from Miami to Knoxville and two guys were sitting behind me ..One said to the other...hey dude you should check out this site once you get to Knoxville it's called POF. He then adds about how women there are all over him and he has a mile long list of women to call anytime he wants sex. So the conversation goes on about how the other guy is right out of jail and doesn't think any women will be interested...first guys says..oh yea I just got out after six years last summer...

You have to understand that some people are predators, they feed off others and know the answers to any questions you might have, you have to give them enough time for them to reveal who they want to be to you...
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2011 8:39:22 PM
: I had that happen on a first meet as well....there was no second meeting. Just plain rude. The guy kept phoning me trying to apologize but he'd already shown me who he was. First impressions are so important so use it wisely, right?

...Can honestly say, I've never been groped. Been lucky I guess...HEY wait a minute!!!
Am I NOT grope worthy? But shd it happen...I know exactly what to do...kick him in the chicken...Right?

Maybe he wanted to but was intimidated by an attractive woman.

I just went on a terrible first date last Monday. The 58 y/o man just felt entitled to grope me all over IN PUBLIC! And when I told him to stop it, he said "C'mon. You're no virgin. What's with the games??" Really? I'm not playing games. I friggin don't like getting groped in broad daylight! What does anyone else think? You guys really think that a woman over 50 doesn't deserve to be treated like a lady on a date?

... and I thought I was pushing it when I hold her hand.
 TryAgan
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2011 9:29:20 PM

I just went on a terrible first date last Monday. The 58 y/o man just felt entitled to grope me all over IN PUBLIC! And when I told him to stop it, he said "C'mon. You're no virgin. What's with the games??" Really? I'm not playing games. I friggin don't like getting groped in broad daylight! You guys really think that a woman over 50 doesn't deserve to be treated like a lady on a date?

You are absolutely right. Most guys wouldn't want to get groped IN PUBLIC and in broad light either.

Obviously, this was not a good match. To be on the safe side, all 58 y/o men on POF should be completely avoided. Next time, you should pick up a different kind of guy or a venue with more intimate lighting.
 URXO2
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2011 6:29:06 AM

...Can honestly say, I've never been groped. Been lucky I guess...HEY wait a minute!! Am I NOT grope worthy?

Don't feel bad Mae I can't get groped either...

But shd it happen...I know exactly what to do

me too.. lol
 Walts
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/14/2011 5:52:30 PM
By the time my daughter was 5 years old she knew where to hit a man/boy to make him take notice. Did ya not get that memo OP?????? It's your body,and after one "NO", there is nothing stopping you from making him squeal like the pig he is.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2011 1:29:23 PM
It has been stated here that better screening of a potential person before you meet would help you avoid being groped. Not true, not at all. One can chat via email, phone quite a few times and then be met with a total surprise upon meeting in the physical. That is why I ALWAYS meet in a public place.
 ladyc4
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/15/2011 3:02:05 PM

I think you should have bolted as soon as he started.

No, she should have taken the time to pound him into next Sunday-then walked out.

I've never had someone behave with that level of d*ckheadishness...but I hear that there are still lots of men who think that online dating sites are some sort of cyber hook-up bar. While I certainly don't recommend months of emails/phone calls, you do need to remember,when having initial online and/or phone contact, to listen carefully for not so much the words a man says, but the attitude a man has.It is entirely possible to be a manly man without being a walking penis.
It doesn't matter if you are one hundred and fifty-eight and have been sexually active since you were 14, you are not deserving of being groped and pawed by some lame-ass loser.
Cindy O
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/15/2011 7:15:02 PM
What does anyone else think?

Knee....nut sac....next....
 primetime5000
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2011 6:49:54 PM
Don't blame ya shame on that guy.
That's why great or good gentleman are so hard to find in these time's.
The poor women or guy'shave to go threw the trash to find a diamond.
75 percent are bad ..I am the 25 percent that are real...good luck >
 TryAgan
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2011 6:59:35 PM
Yes, it is a shame. One possible explanation is that the guy has poor vision.
 ladyc4
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/16/2011 7:11:54 PM
Much as I admire the acting talents of Mr Nicholson and Ms. Bates,imagining the 2 of them in a hot tub in groping proximity just about makes my skin crawl...

I'll be very sure to give that movie a miss-watching cement set would be more entertaining,I'm sure.
Adults who are just having a first meeting/date should not be groping each other, it's tacky and in poor taste...regardless of the age/appearance of the gropants.
Cindy O
 ohenryx
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2011 8:29:43 PM

ladyc4 said:
Much as I admire the acting talents of Mr Nicholson and Ms. Bates,imagining the 2 of them in a hot tub in groping proximity just about makes my skin crawl...

I'll be very sure to give that movie a miss-watching cement set would be more entertaining,I'm sure.

Then you are depriving yourself of a very good movie experience. Your loss.
 TryAgan
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2011 8:37:49 PM
Well, imagining the two posters above in the same hot tub could be also interesting.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > First Date Expectations - Over 50