Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Never Chase Women Because They Will Lose Arousal      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OyVay...
Msg: 2
Never Chase Women Because They Will Lose ArousalPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Didn't check the link, going with my reaction to what you said.

What exactly does "chase" mean?

If your talking about first contact, it's wrong. 66% of women won't contact a man first, so if you don't, then nothing's going to happen.

If your talking about after you meet, and she's not interested, and you keep asking, I agree. Once she says "no" give up, move on, don't bother. Who cares what she thinks about you, she's not interested in dating you!

This has little to do with arousal, more to do with they just don't see you as a match, to whatever list or group of things they seek. Yes maybe even that chemical reaction maybe involved, but whatever it is, don't bother, move on.
 *army mom*
Msg: 3
Never Chase Women Because They Will Lose Arousal
Posted: 10/19/2011 7:56:59 AM
I don't think that's entirely true ... I kinda like being pursued. As long as it's not on the same level as stalking. I think the point where I'd lose respect for the guy is if he was sitting on my front porch looking like a wounded hound dog ...
 infinestforum
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/19/2011 8:20:55 AM

"Thing is, when a man chases, the girl loses all respect for him. And when a girl doesn’t respect a man, she certainly will never be aroused by him."

I can say in my experience that is not true. IMO if a man chases me I do give him respect for it even if it is not welcomed on my part. It is hard to put yourself out there no matter if you are male or female. I'm of the same opinion as Army Mom though.. if he ends up on my porch looking like a wounded hound dog, then all respect is gone. Either way, there was no arousal on my part. I also have a man that is currently chasing me (we had a long term semi-relationship) that I really have no interest in any longer as I have lost respect for him for this and other reasons but, I would not be caught dead near him as the sexual aspect/attraction of the relationship has been pretty hot through it all.

Iffy
 galaxxy
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/19/2011 8:21:53 AM
natural connections cause erections
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/19/2011 8:52:35 AM
sounds mysogonistic to me!
 Whisky_River
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/19/2011 9:05:42 AM
I'm with the other women on this.
If I am interested in him...the chase is good!
If I have no interest in him....now, you have become needy and pathetic....no respect.
There is a fine line to walk if you have interest in a woman....she needs to be shown you are interested.
A few months back, I had a first meet with someone...It went well...I would have liked to have met up again.
I sent off an e-mail later that day and expressed that I had a good time and all.
He responded with..."I am leaving the site...here's my number"...that's it.
Well....I said 'K..thanks" and never called.
Must show me more....can not read between the lines....need communication....

Edit...I have to say...He did mention that he was leaving on our date.....don't want to make it sound like.. it was because of me...lol.
 jan1025
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2011 9:06:16 AM
Chase and pursue are two different words with two different meanings.

Chase doesn’t sound too good to me, makes me think of a stalker.

Pursue on the other hand I like, because I’m a little old fashion, and it just sounds better! lol..

I still don’t understand why men do this, don’t they “feel” the vibe? It takes two to tangle. If after being straight up with them and telling them the truth they still don’t get it.

When just meeting a man, I like it when he pursues me and after awhile if we connect then great!

If after awhile we don’t connect (on my end, or on his end), and he becomes desperate then starts chasing me, I do lose interest real quick, and it becomes a bother to me. Like a pesky fly.

That’s where I get desperate from. The more they chase with desperation, the more I run.

P.S. In my opinion, this has nothing to do with arousal.
 coastalmermaid
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/19/2011 9:20:32 AM
I like it when someone whom I find attractive finds me attractive enough to want to put some effort into getting to know me. Like everything there's degrees from apathy to obsession. I'm happiest when things are somewhat in the middle of that scale. Both of my longterm relationships pursued me and both didn't end because of any physical disinterest for sure.

That's just me...I think you'll find everyone has their preferences...pretty unwise to make huge sweeping generalizations about one sex or the other.
 Maleman999
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/19/2011 10:32:10 AM
A bit of advice: If you chase them and catch up to them, don't football tackle them or do a wrestling slam dunk. That will kill any arousal right away. LOL.
 cheryl1229
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2011 10:39:56 AM
I read the blog. It's talking about a man chasing a woman who is not interested in him. The blog is about how the Bruno Mars song "Grenade" gives guys the wrong idea--that if a woman says no, they should pursue harder. And the blog says that is bad advice. The blog says when a woman is not interested, chasing after her just causes her to lose respect for you.

In THAT context, I agree with the blogger. If a girl dumps you (or you dump her) close that book and move on. No amount of begging, pleading, stalking, calling, emailing, etc will cause someone to love you, if they have already said they don't.

And a man who does that, after I've said no, gets no respect from me. IMO, he also does not respect himself.
 unspoiled
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2011 10:45:49 AM
If the one chasing was a famous movie star or insanely rich guy, or some fireman (I still get a kick out of the obsession over an occupation), then it's perfectly fine for most women. They'd be able to "complain" to all their girlfriends about it.
 totalazzhole
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/19/2011 10:48:27 AM
^^

If the one chasing was a famous movie star or insanely rich guy, or some fireman (I still get a kick out of the obsession over an occupation), then it's perfectly fine for most women. They'd be able to "complain" to all their girlfriends about it.

yes but then the guy wouldn't be 'chasing' her, there'd be plenty of women chasing HIM, putting on the knee-pads & dropping to a kneeling position..ready to "protect & SERVE"
 unspoiled
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2011 11:09:16 AM
LOL bigflick, funny how those things work. The big problem is that undue attention to just a few guys allows them to cheat easily and treat the women as mere tissues- but women still keep making it happen.

As much as women claim they look for the character in a man, their actions don't seem to add up.
 MsMicki
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2011 11:16:40 AM

A bit of advice: If you chase them and catch up to them, don't football tackle them or do a wrestling slam dunk. That will kill any arousal right away. LOL.

Not necessarily.....have you read the Dirty Little Secrets thread?!

If a man I am not interested in chases me.......how can I lose "arousal" when it wasn't there to start with?
 daynadaze
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2011 11:46:41 AM
I think it depends on the two people involved, always has, always will.
 totalazzhole
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/19/2011 11:56:42 AM
^

unspoiled is funny. If he was a chic, i'd ask him out and get rejected.

yes he is funny, so are you justin5502..

why don't you pretend you are both chicks & have a lesbian make-out scene?
 Archangel_07
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/19/2011 12:00:05 PM
Burn that I'm not always going to chase but I will initiate and go with her at her pace.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/19/2011 12:00:05 PM
this is the most stupid theory i ever read...maybe low-self esteem women like this, but the average woman, i don't think so...
 CarKam1
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/19/2011 12:04:50 PM
To me I feel complimented when a man is interested enough to make his interest known however when I have made it clear that I am complimented but not interested and he still pursues then I just feel annoyed. What I don't get is when it is clearly stated in my profile that I have found my fish and that I am just here for the forums and I still get messages from guys who want to pursue me (and some are pretty persistant!). Why do men do that? I would think that maybe because they are just looking at my pic and not my catchline or profile..but some comment on bits of my profile soooo...that is when I loose respect for the guy.
 PinkPopcornFluff
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/19/2011 2:44:42 PM
I think it's different for every girl...
Personally, I like when I guy I am interested in chases after me.
Why?
It shows that he is willing to keep trying.
If he wants to be with me, he'll run after me.
My mother always told me to never run after a man.
You should let them run after you.
So, I really don't think this applies to all woman.
Plus after all the running is done and over with, things tend to go both ways.
One is always chasing after the other.
 scottey63
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2011 2:51:03 PM
I think that's only true if the woman is not interested in the guy in the first place. I think most women prefer to be pursued.
 Archangel_07
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/19/2011 4:29:06 PM
It's called body language. If I up and make my intentions known and she's not interested, don't bother chasing her. However if I see she's approachable and her body language is letting me in to initiate with her. I'm a do just that.
 pretzelman60
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/19/2011 4:40:44 PM
I will NEVER make the first move. So I guess you can say, I don't "chase women" I think some women want to be chased, but not stalked. Heck, I won't even ask a woman to dance. I don't do well with rejection. I know one guy who loves to chase, but doesn't want to catch. But would a woman lose her "arousal"? that's just a dumb statement. She isn't going to aroused till she meets the guy anyway, I think.<----scratches head.

JMO
 Tim0066
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/19/2011 4:42:15 PM
My mother always told me to never run after a man.
You should let them run after you.

Thats cause men run faster you'd never catch one ;)

We know you want to be caught... once in a while.

OP

If a woman needs to be chased then she isn't interested in you enough and as soon as another guy comes along who will put more effort into it she'll just forget you exist. Players will keep chasing a girl until they score, a gentleman won't out of respect. If you show interest and she doesn't show any back let it go or you're just being a pest.

Women should consider if playing hard to get is the very reason they are still single... the right guy may have tried to get their attention but that old "make him work for it" attitude just made him not want to bother with a high maintenence woman.
 Plentyofnothinghere
Msg: 26
Posted: 10/19/2011 5:19:37 PM
I think I now know why I'm still single

I ust can't get myself to pursue a woman who wants to make me "work" to get her.

Completely agree with Tim0066 above. Players will do many things to get in a woman's pants. The confident secure men know when it's a game and don't want to be involved with it....so they leave and when the woman stops running and looks back, she'll notice the guy is not behind her.

I agree there is a difference between pursue and chase. I will NEVER chase but I will pursue so long as the woman pursues me as well and shows interest also. This could mean picking up the phone and calling me herself, never just waiting for me to always make the first move ALL the time, etc...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Never Chase Women Because They Will Lose Arousal