Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Wow, thats fantastic!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 owzabout
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Wow, thats fantastic!Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Hows that for an eyecatching thread title?@! ..Just wanted to share with you the news that the shower gel i usually buy, now has a big sticker on it saying "NEW, NOW WASHES AWAY ODOUR CAUSING BACTERIA!..what did it do before?!, , (no wonder i stink!). What labels or adverts have you seen that made you think "Hmmm?"
 Bodiesroadie
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Wow, thats fantastic!
Posted: 10/20/2011 3:47:31 PM
Saw this in Tesco yesterday....

'Special Offer'

50p each or two for a pound.

I think that's an offer you can refuse....
 MikeWM
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Wow, thats fantastic!
Posted: 10/20/2011 4:12:03 PM
I think its insensitive to have packets of cigarettes with "smoking can kill" within 10 miles of a burns unit personally

Whiskers, 9 out of 10 owners reckon their cats prefer it.

How cruel was it to cut off cats whiskers just for the purpose of advertising?

Baby oil too. How many innocent babies are killed, smushed, liquidised and strained to get enough baby juice to make one bottle of that stuff?

I also object to the illusion killing adverts for womens sanitary products

Its bad enough having tampax adverts at tea time just when I am about to reach for the ketchup

But it kind of kills the enjoyment of seeing hot women doing ordinary everyday things when it sparts the realisation they could be chronically incontinent or on the blob.

Life was so much more attractive to observe when moody wrank greasy haired women could be assumed to be on their period and old wrinkly cobweb fannied ones were thought to be incontinent but the hot ones had been portrayed as being niether likely to piss themselves if they sneezed or likely to nip off any minute to change their blood plug sticky backed haemorage sponge

As for people voting threads off, its an online dating site lol

So chances are most threads actually get posted off more because of who posted them than because of what theyre about I reckon as these kind of places tend to have a high percentage of very petty minded angst ridden unstable types
 Strider886
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Wow, thats fantastic!
Posted: 10/21/2011 2:26:06 AM
Once tired out the "LYNX EFFECT!", but instead of several sexy angels, all I got was a (drunk) playboy bunny :(
 MikeWM
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Wow, thats fantastic!
Posted: 10/21/2011 2:51:34 AM
I saw a billboard yesterday that advertised a 10% discount at Asda

Then underneath is said "Save £5 when you spend £40 or more"

Nice to see our school system is working...........
 MikeWM
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Wow, thats fantastic!
Posted: 10/21/2011 3:38:25 AM
Considering how much obesity there is nowadays I'm amazed that macdonalds and burger king havent launched their own aftershaves

"Eau de big mac"

or

"Rugged, for the man who wants pure beefy flame grilled sex appeal"

Looking at many of the women floating around nowadays I reckon rubbing yourself down with junk food would be far more likely to have you needing to fight women off on a night out
 Strider886
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Wow, thats fantastic!
Posted: 10/21/2011 4:13:21 AM
Dont you just hate it when EVERY guy you meet stinks of Lynx? is it the only one available to men these days? It reminds me of toilet cleaner

Nah, the worst is the extremely strong perfume that women use if they smoke.... I swear that stuff melts my nose hairs!!

As for the men's smelly stuff, one of my ex's had an odorless antiperspirant, I tried it, it worked really well..... I always wondered why it was so hard to make the same think in a blokey spray can?
 MikeWM
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Wow, thats fantastic!
Posted: 10/21/2011 5:41:04 AM
Actually that would be a good advertising campaign

"xyz brand sanitary towels and xxl pantyliners, for women who like to feel "pampered" (now with extra absorbent core and elasticated legs since we were bought out by the makers of pampers)"

MikeWM
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Wow, thats fantastic!
Posted: 10/21/2011 10:22:20 AM
On the topic of advertising nonsense there was an ace sketch on some show once where they were doing an advert for the new improved version of a razor

In the advert the bloke was slicing his face to pieces, blood pissing everywhere and the voice over said something like

"Welcome to the new 6 blade XL razor, when we said you couldnt ever get a better closer shave than with the 5 blade XL it appears we were actually right"

MikeWM
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Wow, thats fantastic!
Posted: 10/21/2011 10:45:50 AM
That could have been disasterous though

If eddie had worn a chuff plug up his ass and anyone had seen the string he might have ended up with the nickname eddie the beagle, how sad would that have been?
 badge73
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Wow, thats fantastic!
Posted: 10/21/2011 12:06:05 PM
cleaning products do my head in as always promise the earth but never happens, most guilty one is oven cleaner, as well as washing powder no matter how you use them still never works completely.

used to use all the expensive makes of washing powder but was told only two companies make them in the uk, including all the own brands so swapped to the cheaper stuff and saw no difference.

did see a report out earlier on this week about shower gel being no more effective then good old ordinary soap ...... and yet how the public still buy the gel?
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Wow, thats fantastic!