Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Are You Getting the Flu Shot This Year?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 satx78218
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Are You Getting the Flu Shot This Year?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
some vaccines obviously work very well. (polio)

flu vaccines, and HPV vaccines, are nothing but BigPharma scare-mongering scams.

Best defense is lean weight, fresh-foods diet, and efficient immune system, not BigPharma scams.
 shezabritelite
Msg: 5
Are You Getting the Flu Shot This Year?
Posted: 10/26/2011 11:32:04 AM
I've never had a flu shot and don't intend to start now. Don't have insurance, don't go to doctors.
 modivin
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/26/2011 11:40:33 AM
No flu shots thank you! I stay healthy by keeping my immune system strong. If I happen to come across flu-like symptoms, then my body fights it off naturally.

Don't believe in vaccines. And if I ever had kids, certainly wouldn't poison their body.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2011 1:15:49 PM
I haven't gotten the flu since the 1st year I worked in a hospital ... in 1982!!! and I've never gotten a flu shot ...

earlier this year, though ... in July, my primary doctor diagnosed me as having whooping cough! omg! whooping cough?!! you do NOT want to get that stuff! however, later, a 2nd doctor said the 1st doctor's diagnosis was wrong that what I had was "just" pneumonia! fortunately the drug regamine the 1st doctor put me on was the same as it would have been for pneumonia ... so I recovered ...

but ... whatever it was, I don't want it again!

so ... after I recovered enough from whatever it was I had ... I got a whooping cough vaccination just to be sure ... if you ask, whooping cough vaccinations can come with tetanus and diptheria vaccinations ... while I was at it, I figured I might as well get a vaccination against shingles as well!

so now I'm good ... no tetanus, whooping cough OR diptheria (whatever THAT is!) for the next ten years ... don't know how long the shingles protection will last ...

or if any of this is any more protection than positive thinking, adequate hydration, plenty of sleep, exercise and a good diet would have accomplished!!!

I'm happy with my decision, though!
 Archangel_07
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/26/2011 3:22:12 PM
Nope and never will.
 SleepyMcGee
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2011 8:25:49 PM
Never have, never will.
 SylvanSwan
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/26/2011 9:17:55 PM
Nope. The one and only flu shot I've ever had made me deathly ill. Back in 2005.

I seem to always get some kind of flu before the shot comes out. If I could only sell the anti-bodies, I'd be a rich woman!
 CrazyCanuckz
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/27/2011 6:23:08 AM
I don't need it, I haven't had the flu for a long time I think it was when I was 13. There was an article stating that flu shots doesn't work that effectively on the elderly and young children.
 satx78218
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2011 10:28:18 AM
another example of "lie, damned lie, and statistics", in the service of stuffing BigPharma's pockets:

Shock vaccine study reveals influenza vaccines only prevent the flu in 1.5 out of 100 adults (not 60% as you've been told)

The "control group" of adults consisted of 13,095 non-vaccinated adults who were monitored to see if they caught influenza. Over 97% of them did not. Only 357 of them caught influenza, which means only 2.7% of these adults caught the flu in the first place.

The "treatment group" consisted of adults who were vaccinated with a trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine. Out of this group, according to the study, only 1.2% did not catch the flu.

Flu vaccines only prevent the flu in 1.5 out of every 100 adults injected with the vaccine

http://www.naturalnews.com/033998_influenza_vaccines_effectiveness.html
 adge747
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2011 12:29:05 PM
Now if you work for the NHS and have the flu jab they will give you a day off! That's how good it is you have to blackmail people to have the rubbish.
All the reports I have seen say that it isn't effective as it only dubiously prevents one strain of flu and there are some 200 varieties. Seems pretty pointless to me, my answer is to mak sure my immune system is in top condition, with Carotenoid Complex, then it will be able to combat the flu and any other disease that cares to invade my body.
 Tah,
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/31/2011 1:48:31 AM
When you have a flu shot you immeaditly become a carrier .

If the disease is eradicated there's no money in it for big pharma...

sad but true.
 RubyWaxxx
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/31/2011 1:59:39 AM
My work offers free flu shots every year and I've always taken it up.
I haven't had the flu in five years - in fact, I haven't even had a cold.
So, yes! I'll be taking up the offer next winter..
 satx78218
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2011 8:33:08 AM
Only a people out of 100 get the flu, so your "I get flu shots AND don't get the flu" does not mean the flu shots work.

Chances are like 19 in 20 that you won't get the flue, shots or not.

And how do people diagnose themselves as having an official flu versus a common cold?
 satx78218
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2011 8:33:23 AM
on a couple people...
 RubyWaxxx
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/31/2011 1:02:37 PM
Look, I know you see corporate pharma counting your money around every corner, satx, and that's your perogative and I'm glad you do because it keeps it on its toes.
However, I do believe in innoculations and vaccinations and think those who choose not to innoculate their children are stupid and selfish.
I remember a woman telling me how she refused to innoculate her daughter against measles, mumps, whooping cough etc. I asked her what she would do when her daughter caught one or all of these diseases and she said "treat her myself''.
But it's too late then. they've already got it and not only could they go blind or even die from them, they pass them on to my kid whose been innoculated.
It was World Polio Day this week. Maybe we shouldn't have invented a vaccine for that. Probably the vaccine that caused their limbs to shrivel, huh?
You're right, satx, I may not have caught the flu and therefore wouldn't have needed the vaccine. However, this way I definitely didn't catch the flu and didn't pass it on to my work colleagues or family - works for me.
 satx78218
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2011 5:47:55 PM
"I do believe in innoculations"

ah, faith-based, just what we need. look up the facts on the effectiveness of flu shots and other vaccines.

Some vaccines do work, like polio (although early polio vaccines did cause some polio. We're all guinea pigs, beta testers for BigPharma), but flu shots in particular are a huge scam.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/1/2011 8:32:40 AM
I am all for vaccinating for a disabling disease, such as polio...but I will never allow a needle into my arm to prevent a flu.

If my immune system cannot fight a flu, then I should really not be on this planet as I am too weak.

I have only had 1 flu my entire life...it was a week of hell...but certainly not enough of hell to warrant getting a needle to prevent it again. And the flu virus mutates everytime it changes carriers, so really...how effective can a vaccine be against a virus that has changed a zillion times over and will continue to do so after the vaccine is developed? The vaccine is only for a few strains.
 RubyWaxxx
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/1/2011 12:18:30 PM
^^But what about the elderly or the infirm? Aren't they allowed to live on the planet because flu can knock them out very fast?
My work offers the flu shot because it doesn't want me taking one week off - and I'm happy to forego a week from hell!
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/1/2011 1:00:10 PM
When I worked at a hospital for ten years, they tried to make me take one.

I said "Fine, go ahead, what's the worst thing that can happen? "

My arm swelled up like a balloon, ached for several days, and then when most of the swelling was gone, I felt about 50% . And that's exactly how I spent four/five more months of misery.

So yeah, not going to take a flu shot ever again.
 JLarsson
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2011 8:37:37 AM
yes i get my shot every year. I used to get the flu every year and i started getting the shot bout 6 years ago and haven't gotten it since.
 Ddd112
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/7/2011 8:19:07 PM
read up on the internet about whats in these... these things are killer

NEVER HAVE NEVER WIll
down with babylon
 Ddd112
Msg: 26
Posted: 11/7/2011 8:20:36 PM
What’s in the regular flu shot?

Egg proteins: including avian contaminant viruses
Gelatin: can cause allergic reactions and anaphylaxis are usually associated with sensitivity to egg or gelatin
Polysorbate 80 (Tween80™): can cause severe allergic reactions, including

anaphylaxis. Also associated with inferility in female mice.

Formaldehyde: known carcinogen
Triton X100: a strong detergent
Sucrose: table sugar
Resin: known to cause allergic reactions
Gentamycin: an antibiotic
Thimerosal: mercury is still in multidose flu shot vials
 CrazyCanuckz
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/10/2011 9:52:19 PM
Baxter, same company that unleashed tainted avian flu vaccines, recalls 300,000 flu vaccines for serious adverse reactions

http://www.naturalnews.com/034112_Baxter_flu_vaccines.html
 getanet
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/14/2011 2:16:49 PM
Not a chance. I always make note of the date people at work attend the "flu shot clinic" and like clockwork, 2-3 weeks later, people suddenly start coming down with a "cold."

I think basic hand washing is much more adept at stopping the flu than vaccines could ever hope to be.

Know when I started to never have the flu anymore?
When I stopped eating out at restaurants. (See hand washing comment above.) Yuck!
Think twice about that communal "pot luck" at work or church.
 kailania
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/19/2011 10:30:01 PM
yes, I get one every year because my doc recommends it to me because I fly a lot and therefore I am in closed in places with many people.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Are You Getting the Flu Shot This Year?