Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > First meeting with someone online (not a date, just meeting)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DustinCO32
Msg: 1
First meeting with someone online (not a date, just meeting)Page 1 of 1    
We have both wanted to meet up and want the first meeting to be just that. We have been talking for about 2 weeks now, usually daily through email and texts. It seems we are both interested in each other and have decided to meet in person. I am trying to think of somewhere to meet up. I don't drink alcohol, she doesn't drink coffee, so a bar or coffee shop doesn't seem to be a mutual option. We are planning on meeting up Sunday, and kind of suggested watching the Broncos game, but also said that I don't want to come across as a jerk for watching the game now and then and taking the focus away from me and her. So that may not work either. As I said we are both going into this meeting as us just meeting, and if it goes well for both of us, we would go on a date Monday. So I was looking for some suggestions on where or doing what might be for our first meet. I have read that a quickie first meet is a good idea so if it is not going well, you are not "stuck" with them for a long time, but if it is good, you can continue it. So any personal experiences, good or bad, first meets, or anything you have read, Ill listen to them all.
 DustinCO32
Msg: 2
First meeting with someone online (not a date, just meeting)
Posted: 10/28/2011 8:24:00 AM
Thanks shakeitupbaby2012 and til503. I know a little of her interests, and have asked her what she would like to do, but we both have not really come up with anything. I know I am a littler nervous, she might be as well, so nothing has sounded like the "right" thing to do.
But I do appreciate you letting me know what kind of first meets/date you have been on. Gives me some more options I will suggest to her. Mini golf or bowling does sound like something that would be fun, a little friendly competition we can give each other shit about, I know she likes art so maybe the art museum, she does have a dog so maybe the dog park, and I have thought of the zoo as well.
Posted: 10/28/2011 8:40:19 AM
How about ice cream? Or a casual/fast food place such as Panera, Chipotle, Noodles and Co, etc. That way you can buy her something to eat sit and talk over your lunch/dinner and then be out of there when your done(or stick around if your enjoying the conversation). Also a lot of coffee shops have smoothies as well so if she doesn't like coffee she can get a smoothie.
 c_deacon
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2011 10:43:12 AM
Meet for coffee or a drink....suggest a game of pool or darts, and just talk. some times once having that coffee, a nice walk to just get to know each other will work, or meeting at a book store and enjoying a drink while talking about books, life, living, and being single.

These are "meet and greets", not dates, and if you want to date after meeting and greeting, then you head down that path together, understanding what each wants, why, and how that will look. Each then gets to decide if that is acceptable or not.....now go do it!!

cd............
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > First meeting with someone online (not a date, just meeting)