Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Has anyone else noticed?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 2
Has anyone else noticed?Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
i've heard this complaint before.

it's not POF's fault that as more and more horny, unscrupulous people discovered internet dating sites when they took their hands out of their own pants long enough to write a profile, they all started signing up here. after all, it's a free site. and who doesn't want a free piece of ass? lol.

just filter them out.

and yes, i know people who are not only dating but have met their partners here....
either already married or planning it.
 Melannie1
Msg: 3
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/28/2011 3:31:05 AM
Hi PNW_CPC! POA sounds better than POF... lol... From my perspective, Technology has really changed the way people date in a more negative way.... M.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 4
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/28/2011 4:08:22 AM
Am I the only one having this issue, or are people actually finding dates?

Depends....is your goal to "find dates" or find "the one"?

VVVV There are much better sites for hookups though... SN being one!
 curlygrl
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/28/2011 4:32:33 AM

it's not POF's fault that as more and more horny, unscrupulous people discovered internet dating sites when they took their hands out of their own pants long enough to write a profile, they all started signing up here. after all, it's a free site. and who doesn't want a free piece of ass? lol.

this is the post of the day!

Brilliant. Could not have said it better myself.

Gotta love Motown!
 Sweven
Msg: 6
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/28/2011 5:02:39 AM
Since I'm not looking to meat anyone any more, my perspective might be skewed, but seems to me the complainers outnumber the assmongers
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 7
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/28/2011 5:07:45 AM

Since I'm not looking to meat anyone any more, my perspective might be skewed, but seems to me the complainers outnumber the assmongers

Okay skewed is WAY too close to skewered in a sentence with MEAT in it!....unless we're talking about grilling!
Although some MEAT does skew to the left...

.... I couldn't resist! HE --> made me do it!
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 8
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/28/2011 6:00:17 AM

you only attract what you except!

Or ,like many of the posts on the fora,you only attrach in who you let to antagonize you or vise versa! lol
imo, wheather it be a wack job man or a wack job woman here, block them if you still want to be a fishy here for those of substance.
And as those who ,because of their emotional hurts & delusions from their past track record of unhealthy relationships,family,abuse,etc..Will still find the time to rant,imo,just don't go there!

just because they know the next pitch is the one you'll bite!
and just like a crying child... with no audience they lose the need to cry(write)...

True, as men, who show their man-hood for attenion & imo being repeatly rejected,& women they prixk tease their prey in that method of manipulation.
Either way, why they do this is anybody guess.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 9
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/28/2011 6:32:41 AM
POF

Piece of Ass

God that is too funny!!!

My daughter has met the man of her dreams from here
And it looks like they may end up tying the knot

So all is possible

As stated by motown (good one too!)
This place is free.
So what would you expect.

You're the one who has to be on guard
Use discernment.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 11
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/28/2011 6:58:00 AM

That is soooooooo true, I couldn't of said it any better LOL.
 irishgirl524
Msg: 12
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/29/2011 6:15:15 AM
I have been noticing that a lot of men are getting more brazen in their approaches lately, maybe they are getting tired of games being played on these sites, or maybe as we get older we just are more verbally outspoken. I am not sure of the reason, but I would have to agree with motown..it is a free site, and you have to expect there to be some level of "those" types of people in here. Just let YOUR intentions be known up front, and that will weed out some of the riff. But as in any situation be smart and be safe. I have met some wonderful men on here..(and a few not so wonderful) just dont rush into anything that your not ready for.
 Orgulloso
Msg: 13
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/29/2011 6:27:05 AM
OP,

I'd vote to keep the acronym POF but have it mean "Plenty of Frauds".

G
 twelfth_dimension
Msg: 14
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/29/2011 7:53:03 AM
I don't know if it's a meat market, because I don't allow such people to get that close to me. However, what I have noticed is that the number of people who write a few messages, then disappear, has increased exponentially. Most likely what happens is that the "kid in a candy store" mentality starts to seep in once you sign up here, or maybe this is the type of person who now flocks to Plenty Of Flakes.
 HappyDip
Msg: 15
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/29/2011 8:03:03 AM

Has anyone else noticed that this seems to be a meat market? When I was on POF a few years ago, people were actually looking to date. Now it seems that they are only looking to get laid.

People used to go to bars to drink and socialize.
Now they are meat markets.
It happens.
Circle of life Simba.

Am I the only one having this issue, or are people actually finding dates?

Of course people are finding dates.
Otherwise no one would be getting laid.
And then you couldn't call this place "PieceOfAss" but "PieceOfTease," or, "PeaceOfYakkingWithoutGettingAnywhere."
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 16
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/29/2011 8:57:48 AM
Every place I have ever been where people expect to meet others and find love --- has a few village voices that cry out every night "this is a meat market" !!

Every dance club I've ever been in, I've heard this complaint. When it's early in the evening and only a few people, the grumbling starts "this place is dead", when the line gets long outside, "this place is hot" when the club is jam-packed, drinks spilled on the floor, no place to sit, "this place is a meat market", and again, when it's near closing time, and the club starts to empty out, "this place is pitiful, why do I come here?".

So....when I hear the grumbling, I know it's just from people who are envious of the success they perceive others are having, so they attribute it all to carnal lust, rutting, and meaningless sex, so that it doesn't seem like they're missing out on anything.

Truly, if you though this site was just a worthless den of brainless fcuktards, you wouldn't bother coming back.

Adjust your attitude, and you'll get better results.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 17
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/29/2011 9:32:08 AM
^^^ Preach on Brother!

That is SO true....

What's funny is when I work the club...different guys will tell me:
This is a sausage fest
The b!tches here are all stuck up
This place is off the hook
this place is poppin'
Lotsa damn fine women in here
This place is like shooting fish in a barrel
There's no one here
All the hot girls are taken
Too many c@ckblocks in there

...All in the same night!
I can tell you exactly what their attitude was and how they acted inside by their comments! ...And what their goals were!
 egowitch
Msg: 18
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/29/2011 9:39:56 AM
I agree with other posters, that the internet is so "in" now, that everybody's jumping on the bandwagon.

But you always have had , and do still have, the option to say no thanks, or block them out of your correspondence.

And yes - I have gone on actual, pleasant dates.

There's folks looking for all different kinds of connections here - I don't fault them for looking. In fact, I hope everyone finds exactly what they want and in some cases - "deserve" ...

TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 19
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/29/2011 11:05:45 AM
Just my luck to be in a "meat" market, and get stuck with the vegetarian plates......
 MikeWM
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/29/2011 6:44:13 PM
Most people in nightclubs are what then? Looking for their soul mate?

If anything I doubt its because its "online", as town centres are full of men and women doing the exact same thing too

It stopped being the 1950s at least a couple of years ago now, and more people not only have sex before marriage apparently now, but many spend longer having "non serious" relationships or brief interactions and more and more people just arent interested in the idea of a "happy ever after" type quest as the divorce rates and how enduring the average relationship tends to be has added a bit of reality to that particular fairly tale

But even on a bottom of the barrel freebie site like this chances are theres a fair amount of people looking for the same kind of thing as you are whatever that is

But if youre going to just sit there lazily waiting for them to email you then dont expect everyone to fit into your criteria

If you want a better success rate then start searching profiles more, and email people who DO seem to be on the same wavelegnth as you
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 22
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/29/2011 6:59:37 PM
!!^^ AGREED!

POF= whatever you make of it!

POF=Plenty Of Fun
POF=Plenty (of) Old Farts
POF=Pvssy Or Forget it
POF=Pay Or Forget it
POF=Prey On Fools
POF=Presently On Furlough
POF=Pursuing Only Fun
POF=Persecuting Others Fun
POF=Perched On the Fringe
POF=Put Out For
 modivin
Msg: 23
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/29/2011 7:09:57 PM
^^^^^^^

YES!! Agreed jco!!

I had a random dude, not even near me, pop up on chat asking if I wanted to talk. I usually only talk to people who have emailed me before...but, whatever, seemed harmless. Let him know I was in the forums reading..........tells me he has dogs....and then maybe 2 minutes later...asks if he is ugly or boring......My response....seriously? Are you fishing for compliments or do you have a self esteem problem?
Sometimes it helps to know before responding if you have to be gentle or not...both as it turns out...
I explained the concept that when you chat blast someone before emailing them, don't ask if they have time to talk or pay attention to when they say they are reading in the forums...that means they will not drop everything to talk to you. General rule of thumb, try emailing first rather then expect an instant discussion...friendly tip for you......instead of being an adult...ok....didn't realize their were rules...bye bytch!!

instead of getting angry, bent out of shape...etc.....I LAUGHED MY A$$ OFF!!! and even replied back hahhhahhhaaaaaa....and apologized he had a poor self esteem feeling he needed to do that....

I prefer to keep POF as plenty of fun as well as a few other things in there...but there are certainly some who are Prey on Fools...or plenty of fools.....

clayart
Msg: 24
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/29/2011 7:11:42 PM
" The Bar Scene on the Internet "
 modivin
Msg: 25
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/29/2011 7:23:27 PM
If only you were closer big boy

VVVVVVVVV
It just so happens I have a kitty who is very affectionate.....if you're in to that kind of thing....especially if the catwalk holds humans...vvvvvv
 getanet
Msg: 26
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/29/2011 8:17:55 PM
Look around in real life. Do people seem to be getting more polite? More reasonable? Less likely to fly off the handle? Add the perceived anonymity of the internet, and you have a recipe for lots of people to act like complete a-holes and all-out weirdos. Yeah, lots of weird behavior here. But there's plenty of it "out there" too.

I've found that largely the meeting process of online dating is so convoluted, it doesn't go near as well making a connection in person and it certainly feels forced by comparison. The forums are more fun than the attempt at dating at this point. Sad but true.
 home_osorio
Msg: 27
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/29/2011 8:37:57 PM
I am actually finding dates. Ha ha ha.
 ligirl64
Msg: 28
Has anyone else noticed?
Posted: 10/29/2011 9:28:33 PM
I don't the fact that this is free has anything to do with it. I've always heard that POF was a meat market.

I paid for match.com and cancelled my account within 3 weeks. I found it to be horrible. Esp. since you're paying for supposedly computerized matches....but when they ignore those characteristics that I list as a "deal breaker" there's something wrong.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Has anyone else noticed?