Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Review mine please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 herein30045
Msg: 1
Review mine pleasePage 1 of 1    
Don't get responses to messages. **any reason?
I am not rude or nasty in the messages I send.
Be BLUNT please.

What can I do to improve my profile, pictures anything you see would be helpful.

Thank you for your time
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 2
Review mine please
Posted: 10/30/2011 1:56:10 PM
It could be improved.

It's not terrible, but if it's not working, then.....

Your last picture is great - it shows you active and involved in your local community. But you wouldn't want to use it as a main. Your first two pictures are a little off-putting. The first has this really intense, "pickme, pickme" earnestness that is a bit weird. The second also looks forced. Grab a friend (or a kid) and get some relaxed, smiling shots preferably outdoors in good light.

Your prose is Meh. Nothing wrong there, but no humour or quirkiness or anything to grab interest. And I'm going to go off on a rant. Why do people say they hate rap or country so often in these things. I'm an old white guy in the suburbs, but I smile when Sir Mixalot comes on or countless other rap songs. I'm not going to seek it out, but it's not all bad. Same with country - I've been in love with Emmylou for decades. I won't listen to most country music, but most music of any genre sucks.
 SunnyGal42
Msg: 3
Review mine please
Posted: 10/30/2011 3:21:14 PM
The first thing that caught my attention is that you say, " .......due to the fact I don't get out much" and then you say,........."..........likes to do things and not be a couch potato"

If you state you don't get out much but don't want a couch potato...that seems like it contradicts itself.

I always recommend Three paragraphs of 4 to 5 sentences in length in each one.

1.) Describe your self.

2.) Your interests and what you like to do

3.) Describe what you are looking for in a partner.

And have at least 3 to 4 GOOD pictures of you that are smiling, maybe doing something you enjoy, you do have one, but it wouldn't be a good "Main" pic...I agree that the other 2 make you look a bit desperate and goofy...a forced smile as opposed to a real one.

And change your Tag Line - - EVERYONE on here wants an Honest person. Jazz it up a bit by changing it altogether.
 ariana2O
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Review mine please
Posted: 10/30/2011 3:51:50 PM
its hard to know for sure why you are not getting responses cos we dont know what messages you send but based solely on your profile the reasons might be:
1. girls on here get lots of messages, but simply dont have time to respond or find that responding encourages further unwanted attention
2. i think many of us look at pics first, and then maybe profile after if the pics are ok. on this theory i would get yr pics sorted out - to be blunt, as requested, i dont think your second pic is doing you any favours, replace it with a few more, no3 is pretty good if you have any more like that of you doing fun stuff
3.your first line "single father of 2 (ages 10 & 14) they live with me full time." might be playing a significant part in why you are not getting responses. not that being a hard working single dad is a bad thing at all, however it occured to me that your target audience falls into a few categories: women with kids already, women with no kids who want some (of their own); women who dont have kids but might be interested in looking after yours, women who dont have and dont want kids etc etc- you get the picture? You say about yourself "does not want children" - you dont make it clear in your profile at least whether you are bothered if she has some, or if you just dont want any more of your own - so all i am saying is the women you are contacting with their various circumstances might be wondering: How they are going to fit in now and potentially in the long term future and are you just looking for a new mommy for yr kids? (we are always worrying about our biological clocks and stuff) - so i think you need to cover this off somewhere - not quite sure how you should tackle it, but at least you could consider it...
4. drop the line about why you are here, we all know why we are here, you dont need to justify it and it doesnt really sound good to say you dont get out much
 herein30045
Msg: 5
Review mine please
Posted: 11/2/2011 2:55:23 PM
Ok....made some changes. Thank you for everyone's input. Not sure if it an improvement or not.
 irishgirl772
Msg: 6
Review mine please
Posted: 10/27/2014 2:15:13 PM
Too many mail restrictions. Unless you are getting flooded with messages, you dont need them.
 petula1908
Msg: 7
Review mine please
Posted: 10/27/2014 3:56:23 PM
Having young children can be a dealbreaker.
If we were to be blunt, the moderators would kick us off the site. lol!!
The pictures are all important to everyone and that is what provokes interest enough to read a profile. So load a full length shot, forget the obscure ones, they are a waste of space and as for expecting women to message you for more details, not going to happen. Women have their choices online and are not going to chase you unless they have an agenda.
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 8
Review mine please
Posted: 10/27/2014 4:11:04 PM
Hi OP, yes, there is most certainly plenty of room for improvement. Things to avoid in a profile, redundancy, painfully obvious, cliche, thinking out loud, and assumed givens.

So I figured I needed to update this thing.....Let's see.

This is what I call thinking out loud, it serves no purpose other than to possibly bore the viewer to death. delete

I am a single dad with 2 children (pre-teen and teen) of course my children mean the world to me. There is NO Ex drama since she doesn't even live in the state.

They can see you are a single dad up above, and everyone assumes the children mean the world to you. delete those two parts.

I am not fanatical about sports , I will watch if they are on but am not a die hard fan.

This is very borderline useless filler, I forget what you had listed for interests, but based on this I assume there were no sports listed? The ladies will assume you are not into sports if there are none in your interests section. My advice is to delete and use the space wisely with something actually useful.

I have been told that I am "normal" and down to earth.

Yes OP, you as well as the vast majority of other men here, this is also useless. delete and fill with something of substance.

I like to do active things and work with my hands, anything outdoors.

Once again I do not recall for sure, but I would suspect the ladies can get this idea from your list of interests? There is no real substance here OP, it is just vague rehashing of things they already know. delete

Also a movie on the couch is nice.

This or something similar is in very likely half of all profiles, that means it is VERY boring. delete

I like to have a few drinks, but nothing excessive.

I assume you chose drinks socially? If yes then this is once again a vague rehashing of what the ladies already know. delete

I have a stable job and take care of my business.

Your job SHOULD be listed up at the top? What does that make this OP?

I would never say no baggage....I mean I am 41, if you don't have any baggage at 41 something is wrong.

This is assumed OP, useless jiberish. delete

I would also never say I am drama free....drama happens and sometimes you can't do anything about it.

Same as above. delete

If you would like to know more just send me a message.

NEVER ask the ladies to message you, write a great profile and you won't need to ask, they will. delete

Best wishes

Jerry
 herein30045
Msg: 9
Review mine please
Posted: 7/16/2017 1:17:51 PM
Ex girlfriend, bad break up
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Review mine please