Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Youngest girl a 29 year old guy looking for an LTR should date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Telenochek
Msg: 1
Youngest girl a 29 year old guy looking for an LTR should date?Page 1 of 1    
As a 29 year old guy looking for a long term relationship - what's the youngest girl age beyond which it really doesn't make sense to date her? I'm thinking around 25.
My reasoning is that at 24 and younger people are still very much trying to explore and experience the world, finish their degrees, figure out who they are and what they want to do. Whereas at 29 most people already begin to settle into who they are.

What do you think?
 unclezeus
Msg: 2
Youngest girl a 29 year old guy looking for an LTR should date?
Posted: 11/1/2011 11:12:18 PM

As a 29 year old guy looking for a long term relationship - what's the youngest girl age beyond which it really doesn't make sense to date her?

If you're talking "Dating", you can go all the way down to the consenting age for your State, if you feel comfortable with that. I'm in my 50's and I do date women in their early 20's, as well. So whatever is comfortable for you.

I'm thinking around 25.

I'm thinking thats the best age if your goal is to get married.
If your goal is to just "Date" , which is not in any way a commitment but only to have fun, you could go as low as 18.

My reasoning is that at 24 and younger people are still very much trying to explore and experience the world, finish their degrees, figure out who they are and what they want to do.

This is rational reasoning, and you should not crowd her, especially if she is career minded, she may not be ready for your agenda for at least 10 to 15 more years, if you bond with this chick. So by then , her age being about 40, it would be smart to just adopt.

Whereas at 29 most people already begin to settle into who they are.

Oh I would say by age 29, today, women haven't yet reached "Who they are". Add on another 3 to 5 years. The waffling between her desire to have a professional career, and her biological clock ticking down, can be a hairy tug of war. And if she decides she can do both, you better have very forgiving, energetic and helpful parents, because to do both, working parents and raise a kid or two [on your own], is mostly never done well without major support.
And by age 29, the male is basically just getting his foot in the door of his chosen career. So he may not be ready for a long term relationship for about 5 to 8 more years.

Thats what I think. So you have to ask your self , "How ready am I for a woman's agenda", and "What kind of woman am I looking for".
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2011 11:12:29 PM
Frankly... who cares? Not a single answer here should make a whit of difference to you. This is a decision that you and ONLY you can make for yourself. Date in whatever age range that you feel comfortable in.

There should be no other post.
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2011 11:14:06 PM
This wasn't a date, there was no intimacy, and never before was there any intimacy, so this was just a costly meeting designed to make you be attracted to him. The doofus should not have done this.

Really Unclezeus? You seem to have an uncontrollable urge to bring this topic up each and everytime you respond and someone said date, but no sex. Even though countless people have posted the actual definition of a date. Even though the post almost ALWAYS has NOTHING to do with this. You post it anyways. So please, Unclezeus, could you actually post where you get the definition of a date REQUIRING sex please. Copy and paste it here and the source please. Becasue I HIGHLY suspect that you cannot do this. It has been proven OVER and OVEr again by people posting the definition of a date for you repeatedly and siting the source, yet you persist in denying that definition. If you can not actual post this, then perhaps you should stop trying to convince everyone else to adhere you your sense of what a 'date' is.
 Lawlush
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/2/2011 1:16:30 AM

This wasn't a date, there was no intimacy, and never before was there any intimacy, so this was just a costly meeting designed to make you be attracted to him. The doofus should not have done this.

Really Unclezeus? You seem to have an uncontrollable urge to bring this topic up each and everytime you respond and someone said date, but no sex. Even though countless people have posted the actual definition of a date. Even though the post almost ALWAYS has NOTHING to do with this. You post it anyways. So please, Unclezeus, could you actually post where you get the definition of a date REQUIRING sex please. Copy and paste it here and the source please. Becasue I HIGHLY suspect that you cannot do this. It has been proven OVER and OVEr again by people posting the definition of a date for you repeatedly and siting the source, yet you persist in denying that definition. If you can not actual post this, then perhaps you should stop trying to convince everyone else to adhere you your sense of what a 'date' is.

Uhhhhh wrong post... wrong FORUM too actually... wtf??? hahahaha
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2011 3:31:29 AM
I think that you are overlooking your own reasoning mistakes:

The fact that MOST people are doing ANYTHING, doesn't work in the other direction.

In other words, just because 87% of 24 year-olds aren't done playing the field, doesn't mean THIS one is. Just because 78% of 25 and up people are looking to settle down, doesn't mean that THAT one is.

You are over-thinking. In a vaguely rational way, granted, but over-thinking nevertheless.
 TDH49
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/2/2011 6:11:06 AM

I'm in my 50's and I do date women in their early 20's, as well.
Wishing thinking I would say.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/2/2011 6:54:37 AM
well OP I am 38 and I have gone out with girls in their early 20s...

for you - 18 is as young as you should go as a man.
 ShalaT
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/2/2011 7:57:09 AM
I typed a nice reply, and somehow didn't submit it? Unless it's queued up somewhere and will post soon. If so, apologies all.

IMHO, age can only be used as a guideline for the most part. I am not saying this because I think I'm "all that" but it's probably going to come across that way. I'm going to use a few people I know to illustrate my point.

3 girls:
#1 is 19, who is intellectually and emotionally rock solid. She has a strong heart, loves with great passion, is sweet, caring and honest.

#2 is 28, who is less responsible than the girls I was in 10th grade with, and has emotional issues ranging from near stalker crazy over a guy in 1 date, to throwing away an 18 month relationship on a whim.

#3 is 22, a little obsessed about her schoolwork, is currently sporting a 3.85 cumulative GPA, doesn't feel she has the time right now to focus on anything but her school work, but remains a fiercely loyal friend to those who know her.

By using age as a rule instead of a guideline , you might go out with the 28 year old once or for months and not be happy, but the 19 year old might have been perfect for you.

This isn't how I originally posted but it may convey the message better.
 BeenInteresting
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/2/2011 8:50:07 AM
TDH49

man you took the words right out of my mouth lol.
 TheCoolGreenMoss
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2011 12:12:52 PM
For 29, plus or minus 5 years.
 ZachariahTicer
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2011 5:13:54 PM
The age issue is so arbitrary. You can't draw a direct connection between age and wisdom, as it really depends on how that person used their time.. I guess you were looking for a general answer though? Alright, once she leaves college :)
 Majordork79
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/3/2011 5:55:10 AM
Really I've found the sage of the women doesn't matter. I'v met a few women 19-20, that are more mature, and have less issues in the head than women 5-15 years older. With a lot of us men, we are more mature as we age so older usually is better, I find with women,it varies women to women. In fact if shes older, but still in the meeting a lot of people social stage of her life, and is STILL single and has been for awhile, I'm pretty cautious and usually don't expect much from it. Don't mean to sound negative, but really search some profiles on here and you'll see plenty of women who should have no problems finding quality men offline.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2011 6:04:05 AM
I know a 20 yo woman who would put many that are older to shame.

Don't date an age.. date a person. If you click, what does it matter what the numbers say?

(so says a 43 yo woman dating a 27 yo man)
 azurawaters
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/3/2011 9:37:01 AM
Your trying to link emotional maturity too age. That never works I met a 21 year old girl the other day not much more emotionally mature than the average 16 or 17 year old. Then you have the flip side of that coin gilrs that are in there early 20's that have been there done that and are very much ready to start a family.

So the answer is depends.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Youngest girl a 29 year old guy looking for an LTR should date?