Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > The older the better?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HeyImTroy
Msg: 1
The older the better? Page 1 of 1    
Lately I have found myself attracted to older women. I don't know if it's because they're more mature? I don't like dating women younger than me. Problem is Women don't like dating men younger than them..
 HeyImTroy
Msg: 2
The older the better?
Posted: 11/2/2011 10:47:15 PM
I don't know. I'd say mid 20's, early 30's. Most girls my age are immature. And I don't find that attractive.
 abelian
Msg: 3
The older the better?
Posted: 11/2/2011 10:50:13 PM

Lately I have found myself attracted to older women. I don't know if it's because they're more mature?

No Troy, I think it's because you're a guy who wants to get laid and your angle is the misguided idea that older women will be flattered by the interest of a younger guy such as yourself and ``appreciate'' you for being young, unlike women your own age who take your age for granted and expect more effort. I'm pretty sure you aren't the first guy to come up with this idea nor will you be the last to be shot down trying to utilize it.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 4
The older the better?
Posted: 11/2/2011 10:54:51 PM

Is this normal? Any other people have the same problem?

Nope. Most people are trying to date younger than themselves - both men are women are doing this anymore.

At the risk of offending you I am going to question your sincerity. Why? Well, most men (especially in your age group) only want to date older women because they think:

1) Older women will be grateful for the attention and more likely to "put out".
2) Older women are desperate and more likely to "put out".
3) Older women lust after young men to "teach the ways of the world" and more likely to "put out".

If you are sincere then just keep looking because, as stated earlier, there are women that like younger men.
 z.e.r.o..
Msg: 5
The older the better?
Posted: 11/2/2011 11:12:51 PM
In the same boat.

I generally won't go near under 20 because of the "College/University phase" where 90%+ of relationships end anyway. My first GF had 2 1/2 year lead on me and it as exactly what I wanted. There is a difference. It's not about getting laid.

On the plus side, if the woman is older there is a higher chance the couple will die around the same age statistically.
 114M3
Msg: 6
The older the better?
Posted: 11/2/2011 11:46:52 PM
Trust me OP .. when you get to your 40's and 50's you're interest in them 20-someting pretty young things will be piqued again ... only problem is, at that point most 20-something girls won't be looking your way (unless they are the types with daddy-complex I guess) ....... This is gonna sound harsh but truth is -- at your age tell anyone you are into "older women" and 9 outta 10 times you're gonna get knocked off as wanting to get laid only .. cos really at your age, what do you have to offer a woman 10+ yrs your senior? .... (other than the testosterone filled body of a 20-something yr old)? .....

I'm not gonna speak for all women my age (30 +) but I think a good proportion of us, at this point in our lives are looking for stability and someone who has experienced life enough to be on the same emotional and mental level with us. Sure there are cougars out there who would happily scoop you up as their boy-toy .. but really? .... what sort of LONG-TERM potential does this sort of relationship scenario really hold? ....
 HeyImTroy
Msg: 7
The older the better?
Posted: 11/3/2011 12:07:12 AM
I don't enjoy smoking POT, not pit.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 8
The older the better?
Posted: 11/3/2011 12:17:06 AM

Wow.. Obviously it isn't about sex or putting out. If that was the case I'd want the 20 year old with the nice, tight body.

Did you really just say that? I am very serious. Most men your age that are looking for an older woman are looking for someone to use not have a real relationship with. That is why the skepticism.

Age is not only a number - it can be a road block, an eternity and/or a con. As I said before - if you are serious keep looking because there are women that like younger men.
 ZachariahTicer
Msg: 9
view profile
History
The older the better?
Posted: 11/3/2011 12:55:05 AM

I don't know. I'd say mid 20's, early 30's. Most girls my age are immature. And I don't find that attractive.

You are not any more mature then those girls. At least your profile doesn't sell it. Nor does this thread.

I second Ableians post
 gameguy10
Msg: 10
The older the better?
Posted: 11/3/2011 1:06:11 AM
OP,

I feel the same way... perhaps with purer intentions but nonetheless I understand. What I've found is that many of the ladies that participate in the forums on this site, not ALL, but many which are in the age group we are interested in can be described as:
-resentful
-judgmental
-indignant
-degrading
-ignorant

Please do not let their posts phase you. If you would like, look up the worst offenders' post history and amuse yourself for a while. I would encourage you however to do some soul-searching and seriously question your motive as to why you post and why you are looking for women in that age group. If it truly is what these women who are quick to jump the gun are accusing you of.... well then I hate to say it, but then you are lowering yourself to their level.

Think about it.

-GG
 unclezeus
Msg: 11
The older the better?
Posted: 11/3/2011 1:59:22 AM
The older the better?

Not necessarily.
Getting laid , just makes for a happy time , no matter what her age happens to be, especially at your age.

Mid 20s, and early 30s, is not "Older", go for 38 thru 65. If her body and musculature is that of a professional dancer, your balls are going to explode, at least 4 times.
Thats when you can ask about "Older the better".

Lately I have found myself attracted to older women.

Thats normal.
Your mothers job was never to instruct you on the most efficient way to pop a nut, but by luck, you found the answer. "Older women". Why?
Because the young women know you're not ready for her agenda, and they think "Nut popping" is a sign of love.
And before you get too excited, ...no, when a woman makes you pop your nuts, that doesn't mean you're in love.

I don't know if it's because they're more mature?

No. It because they will do you.

I don't like dating women younger than me.

Oh yes you do. You just have not been able to attract younger girls, yet. When you get into your 40s , 50s, and 60s, .....lol...thats when you will really enjoy dating younger women.

Problem is Women don't like dating men younger than them..

Oh yes they do. They are out there. As I said, look for the women in her 40s thru 60s.
Keep in mind its not a relationship, you are mostly just sex-candy. They want to get themself off just as much as you do.
 Kitten189
Msg: 12
The older the better?
Posted: 11/3/2011 2:09:36 AM

As I said, look for the women in her 40s thru 60s.
Keep in mind its not a relationship, you are mostly just sex-candy. They want to get themself off just as much as you do.

NOT with a 20 year old,we DONT.
Gawd................
Zeus,you really have no clue................
 ZachariahTicer
Msg: 13
view profile
History
The older the better?
Posted: 11/3/2011 2:52:51 AM

I feel the same way... perhaps with purer intentions but nonetheless I understand.

If you feel the same way then why would you say this??

I would encourage you however to do some soul-searching and seriously question your motive as to why you post and why you are looking for women in that age group.

You make little sense.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 14
The older the better?
Posted: 11/3/2011 4:05:33 AM
There are younger men dating older women.

If you arent having that same luck it is likely because the woman you are approaching can feel the vibe you are giving off-deserpate to lay a cougar. Most women are not into desperate-for anything.

The young men that actually do this are more mature then thier years and the ladies sense it.

If you are really as mature as you say you are, you wouldnt be on here whining about the fact that no older woman has given you a shot. Maturity means accepting where you are and putting a positive plan in motion to achieve goals...not writing on a dating forum about 'poor me'.
 MuscleMermaid
Msg: 15
The older the better?
Posted: 11/3/2011 4:51:16 AM
20 obsessed with a Mommy figure. It will pass. In a few years you will be looking for someone your own age. Boys do this all the time. We do not like to date kids, period. It would be like doing a friend's son or something. Gross.

Not to mention the road blocks. Differences between ages., Maturity. Conversations. I mean really??? WTF would there really be in common? Nothing. So save all the excuses. I hear it from the kids in the Gym. It is not happening in most * normal * cases.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > The older the better?