Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Review Me Please :)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gameguy10
Msg: 1
Review Me Please :)Page 1 of 1    
Hi all,

Just would like to get a profile review done here. My target audience is almost exclusively isolated to 30-50 year old mature ladies. Please provide any profile optimization and tips. Any ladies in this age range please feel free to include advice.

NO COMMENTS THAT ARE INSULTING OR IN ANY WAY DEGRADING TO THE POST ARE NOT WELCOME.

Sorry, have to post that disclaimer before I have a brigade of the old, mean and uglies come on to put their 2 cents in.
 adam_baum
Msg: 2
Review Me Please :)
Posted: 11/3/2011 2:59:09 AM
Keep the ab shots for sure!
 ZachariahTicer
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2011 3:08:39 AM

My target audience is almost exclusively isolated to 30-50 year old mature ladies.

Why? Are you the only person who is mature under 30?... of course you are ;)

NO COMMENTS THAT ARE INSULTING OR IN ANY WAY DEGRADING TO THE POST ARE NOT WELCOME.

Meh, you will get a profile review instead.

I'm from SoCal originally.

Great but what's the significance?

Very laid back and like the Austin social scene.

How is it laid back? Are you saying you are as well? This doesn't explain anything.

Not trying to get married right now but wouldn't mind having a serious long-term relationship at all.

So 2 years then a break-up? A "serious long-term" to many means leading to marriage. You are better off really defining what you are looking for commitment wise.

I prefer ladies who are mature and can actually hold a conversation. If the main thing you like to talk about is yourself please keep your messages to yourself.

Negative and accusatory. What's wrong with talking about yourself?? She is going to do that and so are you. That's kinda what you do in a "serious long-term".

I don't like drama... well I guess I already mentioned that in the title :).

You did yes. So delete it. Also, delete the headline. Write something positive instead.

Really am not too much of a smoker, but smoking does not bother me.

Then this was unnecessary. Delete it.

I don't go to all-night parties 24/7 like a lot of the young people my age so it's hard for me to relate to a lot of people in my generation. That being said, I see nothing wrong with going out and having a good time.

So what is "going out and having a good time" mean to you?? Explain that instead of the ...drama.

I truly dislike lying or any form of dishonesty and deceit. I would rather you tell me the truth up front and deal with it then find out you lied.

This could be expressed in a more positive light...

People have said that I'm a very driven person. Spontaneous, Ambitious, Energetic, Outgoing, Go-getter, Motivated... these are all adjectives I think would describe me very well.

She doesn't want to hear what others think or what you are only kinda sorta certain about. Just say it as it is. And give some examples to back up those adjectives.

-I'm not the guy

Delete that entire section and replace it with some actual information about your interests and hobbies.

Oh and get rid of your topless pics. They would rather see you being that mature professional you claim you are.
 Frau Chilliknickers
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/3/2011 3:55:31 AM
On a positive note, it was the first clean bathroom I have seen in a profile.

gameguy10
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/3/2011 4:26:11 PM
Thanks all! :)

I appreciate all of the positive feedback.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/3/2011 11:52:22 PM
If the main thing you like to talk about is yourself please keep your messages to yourself.

Get rid of this. It's negative and sends a bad vibe.

I don't like drama... well I guess I already mentioned that in the title :)

And I don't like liars, cheats, etc. Again this just comes across as negative which is why I don't have these listed in my profile and why you should dump this line.

I have a very steady, professional career working as a Network Engineer that I plan on keeping for a while. That being said I'm very financially stable and can stand on my own two feet so to speak

A word of caution here.
1) you are practically inviting gold diggers to contact you.
2) you could be discouraging women that have met too many men that think money is all they need to bring to the table.

Keep the ab shots for sure!

NOOOOOOOO!!! Seriously. You risk losing your permission to upload pictures and if you are looking for a meaningful relationship why are you mostly advertising sex appeal?
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Review Me Please :)