Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > When meeting someone for the first time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LifeCausesCancer
Msg: 1
When meeting someone for the first timePage 1 of 1    
When first meeting a woman, what do you look for? What's the first thing you see? What's the point where you make the decision to move further, or leave it behind? What do you think is the most attractive part of a female? What's the least attractive? Have you ever put on on a first date? What do you do when you can't personally connect with the person, do you end it, or tough it out? Just random questions, for the men, or ladies, if they want to answer with their experience.
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 2
view profile
History
When meeting someone for the first time
Posted: 11/3/2011 7:28:55 PM
Well you have a lot of random questions here so I will just go with the first one.

Generally, unless you have something extremely obvious going for you (Like you are a celebrity or just stepped out of your private jet) that a man can see, everyone goes for the physical first. It is the only thing that you can really see about someone. You are attracted to the way they look or carry themselves. After that you may engage them and find that they have other qualities that you are even more attracted to (like a great sense of humour, highly intelligent, politically aware, ). Looks matter. No you do not have to assimilate and try to style yourself after Katy Perry, but there does come a point where people will deal with you not because of your looks and how you carry yourself, but despite it.
 xXNarcissistXx
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/3/2011 7:40:48 PM

Have you ever put on on a first date? What do you do when you can't personally connect with the person, do you end it, or tough it out?

First date or fifth date...I'm always ME. Why try to be someone your not? There is no reason to be rude on a date; tough it out! Lol. I usually don't form a opinion on someone until the third date anyway.

Peace, J.R.
Posted: 11/3/2011 8:58:22 PM

What do you do when you can't personally connect with the person, do you end it, or tough it out?

i only had one first meet that was a bust from square one. i was up and out in 10 minutes or so. a few others, it was clear there was going to be no romantic connection, but i was having enough fun to hang around and enjoy the occasion.

there were a couple where i couldn't tell whether she was reserved or simply not interested, and it turned out to be the latter, and i WISHED she would have bowed out early and saved us both the time. and then there was the one where the gal wanted out but couldn't bring herself to say so, so she just got more sullen and hostile until i was the one to pull the plug. passive aggressive, i guess.
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/3/2011 9:02:15 PM

What's the point where you make the decision to move further, or leave it behind?

Hmmm
Hard to make this call on day/date one. For me, as long as we both laughed and both shared some in depth conversation about something one of us is passionate about, it gets another shot.
 ohenryx
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2011 9:02:48 PM

What do you think is the most attractive part of a female?

The brain, the intellect, the sense of humor. Of course I will never learn about this unless the external packaging is attractive enough to draw me in.

What's the least attractive?

Tattos. Piercings. Too much makeup. Bigotry. Meanness.
 unclezeus
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/3/2011 9:03:57 PM
I'll bottom-line it for you.

Males want to meet you because he is sexually attracted to you.

The guy who says, "I want to be friends, first", hand him a bottle of purple nail polish and tell him, "This is a good color for you, whats your dress size". Then dump him on the spot , or place him in your "Token gay male friend zone".
This "Friendzone", is a woman's , "Attention bank". She puts males in here she is not attracted to, and will never be attracted to, so she can get attention from a resemblance of a male. But the caution that goes along with these "Attention banks": These guys are waiting for you to get drunk , or get really emotional, so he can bend you over.
You may find this to be true, one day.

When first meeting a woman, what do you look for?

The location where I'll be meeting her.

What's the first thing you see?

Depends on how she looks. Or if someone in the room is carrying a gun.

What's the point where you make the decision to move further, or leave it behind?

Move further: When she says she wants to get naked. Or shes sitting there half naked.
Leave it: When she says no, she doesn't want to get naked. Or the person with a gun starts shooting.

IF she is half naked and saying she wants to get more naked and the person with the gun is shooting, ....I'll take my chances with the woman anyway.

Depends on how she looks.

Again, depends on how she looks.

Have you ever put on on a first date?

"Dating" is sexual, so yes. It fit quite well.

What do you do when you can't personally connect with the person, do you end it, or tough it out?

When you can never meet in person, there is nothing to tough out. That would be a complete waste of life-time. So you end it. Only a dumbass would try to tough it out and waste valuable time.
 JP1111
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/3/2011 9:18:57 PM
What I look for is openess, honesty and a sensse of humour.

The first thing I see is simply her, with no expectations. As we yalk and get to know eacj other, I get a better feeling of who she is. It's once I get that feeling that I know if I'd like to see her again.

The point is when she starts sharing with me what's important to her. If by then I've not felt a spark then, I know I'm not interested.

The most attractive part? To me it's a good conversation. Right there I know if I'd like to have another one with her at a later time.

The least attractive? A woman who does not open up and does not share her thought and, a lack of confidence.

When I can't connect with that person, I will simply enjoy the time we have together but, will not initiate another date.
 _shakti_
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/3/2011 9:25:13 PM
@ Unclezeus.. do you actually believe that anyone takes your posts seriously?

@ LifeCausesCancer.. that's quite a name, I'm guessing there's some pain underneath that?

Anyway, those are a lot of questions.. why not instead flip them?

Instead of wondering what men in general (whose opinions and tastes will vary massively) look for, seek instead to determine what works best for YOU.
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2011 9:39:38 PM
I would imagine that Unclezeus would like to believe that people take his posts seriously. The thing is Unclezeus is ridiculous. Unclezeus has also been asked to actually copy and paste where he gets the idea that a 'date' is an outting that has some level of sexual contact (intercourse, oral or anHJ) and sight the source as he has decided to obssessively bring this up every time that someone says they had a date but not sex. Even though several people have copy pasted offical definitions of a date by reliable sources, he still persists in repeating his invented definition and going on insulting diatribes in peoples threads.
I would suggest that from now on, when we see him post a reply that contains his version of a date it be demanded that he site his source. It really simply confirms to him and everyone that reads him that he is simply a troll that will post here spouting whatever gibberish that falls out of his mouth.
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/3/2011 10:12:27 PM
Canam: simply ignore him. If people would stop posting about his statements he would diminish in attn.

OP:
For me, as long as we both laughed and both shared some in depth conversation about something one of us is passionate about, it gets another shot.
 Cliche
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/3/2011 10:55:36 PM
@unclezeus

PLEASE KEEP POSTING!!!

I've read some of your posts before, and they are the only ones that tell it like is. If anyone wants to get there head out of prince charming fantasy land please listen to his posts.
 SoCalJ
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/3/2011 11:35:58 PM
1. When meeting a woman for the first time. I look to see if she's comfortable. Where are her eyes. Her body language. I know instantly if this is gonna be a romantic date, or just a friendly one.

2. The first thing I see are the eyes. They don't lie.

3. If I can engage her in conversation and make her feel so comfortable that she eats all of her dinner...I move forward. I can tell when a woman like me by how she looks at me. IF she gazes at me a little longer each time she glances at me or leans into me, it's a done deal. We're gonna move on.

4. The most atttractive part of a female are her eyes. They say everything. I don't believe a woman has an unattractive physical attribute. But if her mouth is dirty, or if she is full of herself, or if she is miserable... I lose interest and start looking at my watch.

5. If it's not working out, I'll say that I like her, but am not feeling it. So lets have a great time anyway. After all, you're still two adults and may have more in common than you think. Its happened to me twice. One girl couldn't be my friend because she wanted more...the other turned out to be one of my best friends.
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2011 11:52:49 PM

@unclezeus

PLEASE KEEP POSTING!!!

I've read some of your posts before, and they are the only ones that tell it like is. If anyone wants to get there head out of prince charming fantasy land please listen to his posts.

uhhh, wow. Well okay, I am shocked but okay. True enough when he can site where he got his definition of a 'date' it will show that he is not completely talking out of his a$$. But if you want a poster to actually listen to, try paying attention to Christ On A Crutch's posts.
 ZachariahTicer
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2011 12:24:01 AM
^
Are you really that surprised that dude listens to Uncle? Now that surprises me ;) There is bound to be others... I agree Christ is a good shoot from the hip poster.

Also I wouldn't put too much weight into his source (if he has one). God knows there are player handbooks abound vomiting similar things.

No doubt he reads all these posts and it only reinforces his views in his own twisted way.

Well first, interest in ME! :) A positive demeanor second to that! I like to get the impression right away if she is a caring person towards...humanity. I don't mean that in too deep a sense necessarily. If she is rude to the waitress for not bringing the water soon enough, I lose interest quickly.

If she is quick to smile and laugh.

Oh I can't answer that really. After flirting for a while, with a good sense that she is attracted, I kiss.

Positive attitude. Humor. Ability to carry a conversation. Her butt. Boobs. Hair, eyes and lips.

Religious incompatibilities. Different perspectives on socio-economical models. She likes Nickleback. She watches football instead of reading philosophy. Like Pepsi over Coke.

What do you do when you can't personally connect with the person

End it.
 me_me_me_pick_me
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/4/2011 2:18:42 AM
I'm looking for a good vibe between us. I understand sometimes people are nervous on the first date, but hopefully we're able to quickly get past that and have that feeling where you've known each other a long time, which can happen, but often doesn't.

I can spend an hour and talk with anyone. It would have to be really awful to just up and leave.
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/4/2011 5:08:14 AM

An indication that she is happy to be there.

I take in the whole picture, head to toe.

What's the point where you make the decision to move further, or leave it behind

Second or third date, but possibly the first depending on how it goes.

This depends on the settings and there are too many parts to list. A nice butt doesn't hurt either.

Rudeness

Have you ever put on on a first date?

(I think you mean put out here) Yes.

To, "Personally connect" is different for men than it is for women. If she is seeing someone else after some amount of time, we haven't personally connected and I'll end it.
 JCinVicBC
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2011 5:14:11 AM
I don't really have the experience to give input on this, but what I'd be looking for basically is simply whether we get along, whether we communicate well and stuff. Obviously appearance is a factor, but it's not a big deal unless she's very unattractive, or very masculine-looking. Apart from that, I'd be looking to see if we really have common interests and values, and if we look at things the same way.

The most attractive parts of a woman, I find, are her smile and her mind. At least, when I'm attracted to a woman, those are the parts that attract me most. Well, those, and a cute, quirky personality.

Least attractive: feet. With very rare exceptions, I find almost all feet ugly.

I figure if there's no romantic connection, there still might be the opportunity for friendship. So I'd rather try to stick it out--but at the same time I'd want to make the first meeting really casual, or at least flexible, so we can take it further if the chemistry is there, but not force it if it isn't.
 hoyos
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/4/2011 6:13:23 AM
@ Unclezeus.. do you actually believe that anyone takes your posts seriously?

Come on Shak - don't you know a role model for players in training when you see one?

OT
On first meet I look for her to be outgoing with a sense of humor, able to actively engage in conversation and resemble the pic she posted. It doesn't take too long to decide about going out again and if so I'll suggest that before we part company.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > When meeting someone for the first time