Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Obama is an utter failure.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Obama is an utter failure.Page 1 of 43    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Ok now that we have a topic about hating Obama, the people that really can't stand Obama can post their disgust in here instead of posting it everywhere else in other threads that don't relate Obama ie Rick Perry thread.

So now that we got that out of the way hate away....
 jaynumber9
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Obama is an utter failure.
Posted: 11/4/2011 6:52:38 PM
I am with one_eyed_jacks... please explain you reasons.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2011 7:05:46 PM
Well for one i guess you haven't read the Rick Perry Thread lately. There were people in here that were blasting Obama instead of talking about Rick Perry. So i created a thread just for them for that reason. I don't think he is an utter failure personally, there are things I agree with what he did and things that i don't in which i have already posted over the 3 years he has been in office many times on this form before, but there are some people on here that do think he is an utter failure and they were discussing why they can't stand Obama at all in that thread which was pushing the Rick Perry thread off topic and when a topic becomes too off topic to the subject at hand it gets deleted. So I created this thread instead to help keep that topic from turning into an anti-Obama thread and getting deleted.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2011 7:34:42 PM
What didn't you get it? It was about saving the forum from getting deleted by going too off topic with the anti-Obama post.

Oh yes and we haven't seen left wing inflammatory threads on here called tea party terrorist or Bush is stupid threads either before right.. Lets not be hypocritical....
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2011 9:13:21 PM
Well, it could get worse again..he could act like an ass and prove he know knowing of the Bible he claims to follow..

I'm just wondering how do i act like an ass in regards to proving I know about the bible? The diff is I don't take the bible and shove it down peoples throats like some people do...
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2011 9:25:27 PM
^^^
I don't think that was directed at you Steel, it seems to be directed at the "utter failure"........

In a speech plugging his American Jobs Act on Wednesday, President Obama criticized Congress for taking up a resolution on the national motto -- "In God We Trust" -- while the country faces a jobs crisis.

Wasn't this an issue when the utter failure was handed the keys to the white house? Now suddenly it is a crisis, when he decides it is? The only crisis in Obama's eyes is that he isn't going to be able to buy votes from the unions for his re-election if he can't get his worthless bill passed.

“We’ve been -- in the House of Representatives, what have you guys been debating? John, you’ve been debating a commemorative coin for baseball? You had legislation reaffirming that ‘In God We Trust’ is our motto? That’s not putting people back to work.

Neither is your jobs bill Obama........or anything else you do. But you could put people back to work.....concede the next election to.....whoever runs against you!

"I trust in God," Obama said, "but God wants to see us help ourselves by putting people back to work."

If Obama had any interest in getting people back to work to work, he'd give up on this stupid "jobs bill" and do some real things that actually might work. But that would also cost him re-election.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2011 10:02:37 PM

Oh sweet!!! Someone who knows the answer to creating jobs!! Please enlighten us. America has been waiting for this for a long time.

If I had the answer to job creation, I'd be a millionaire. I know what doesn't create jobs though.......

anything Obama does.

Edit: actually, yes I do have the answer to creating jobs------get Obama out of office!!!!
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2011 10:05:34 PM
Just sounded funny how you posted that under me apologist as if it was regards to the whole thing we had about gays in the bible, which is what i thought you were directing that at me. If you weren't my bad.

I never said you do. I was just simply stating about how others do it to try to make a point about something.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2011 1:05:54 AM
People with alternate agendas are not like cats who poop in the wrong place because they don't have a cat box.

Unfortunately.

But thanks for trying, I support your idea of steering them. This is an example, though, of why the Political and Religious and Current Events forums were all semi-hidden. People are hard enough to make to behave themselves in dating forums. In politics, they are impossible to discipline without the sort of constant monitoring that is beyond the scope of a voluntary mod force.
 unYOUsual
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/7/2011 7:55:14 AM
In most of the forums you see Obama supporters attacking riduculing posters..instead of touting the effectiveness of Obama and his policies....Obama has become one of the most divisive Presidents ever...at every turn he blames everone and everything else for his ineffectiveness......vilifies the Republicans often...most of the reports regarding the state of the economy released by the administration are fraudulent and are later revised after the well covered release the revisions which are usually more negative receive little or no coverage...
 OyVay...
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/7/2011 6:35:23 PM
"Obama is an utter failure"

OK guys, what has he failed at? Personally I think he has done the best he could, given the situation shrub left the country in.

Everyone in this country says jobs jobs jobs. But out side of the limited scope of government contracts for the infrastructure, limited contracting for building improvements, what else can govenrment do?

We tried under shrub reducing taxes on the wealthy, that didn't improve jobs. If anything, we sent more overseas.

He played nice with orange man from the house this summer, what did it get? A downgrade based on partisan politics, by the rating agencies.

So where is the failure?
 where4
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/7/2011 7:19:09 PM
People with alternate agendas are not like cats who poop in the wrong place because they don't have a cat box.

Unfortunately.

But thanks for trying, I support your idea of steering them.

Classic! Thank you!

And thanks so much for creating the thread, Steel!

And you other folks: let it all hang out! Dis be the place!

Man, that stinkin' Obama @#$$%##!! this!

And that stinkin' Obama @#$$%##!! that!

Carry on!
 unYOUsual
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/8/2011 10:19:32 AM
where is the success? two stimulus plans......regulations...investments....health care over haul.none of these have had the positive effect that was promised by Obama...when you implement policies that don' t do what they are supposed to then they are failures....can't blame anyone else when your solutions don' t work...
 OyVay...
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/8/2011 11:21:25 AM
OK that's start. But where is the success?

Two stimulus plans, here's the place we start, even I must admit, the one plan with "shovel ready" projects didn't go as planned! Silly Obama, taking the words of those who submitted them as "shovel ready" when they hadn't done a thing to make them so. Guess it's his fault for those who lied and got the money. Oh and it was both parties who gamed the system, to get the dough!

Regulations, oh, I guess we should forgo these, you don't mind writing another 700 billion dollar check when the banks go to far the next time, right?

Investments...not sure what you mean by this one. The only investment he made was in the auto industry, that has all been paid off except for 1/3 of GM's loan, saved a million jobs.

Healthcare, yeah that one sticks in everybody's craw. Guess the republicans have it right with "fuk em, let em die". Guess if you lived in Colorado and needed a transplant, but couldn't afford it, you'd be OK with "no liver for you"!

Sorry couldn't help it! Hahahaha!! Ok all you conservatives, what would be acceptable in healthcare? Nothing, let them die, or go back to the old rules, with people not being covered by pre-existing conditions. Yeah great!! Come back and tell me that when your kid has one and can't get sh1t out of the insurance company.

As for "implement policies that don't"

No one seems to realize we haven't been here before. No recession has been this bad since the great depression. The only way that ended, was with the world war. We're in uncharted waters kiddies, no one seems to want to put forth a plan with certainty.

You have 13.9 million unemployed. Perhaps you'd be happier with 16 million? If you eliminate the stimulus and the auto bailout, that's exactly what you'd have.

Don't confuse lack of success, in an unknown, with utter failure.
 unYOUsual
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/8/2011 11:52:27 AM
Thanks for illustrating my point
....excuse after excuse...blame everone else.......no evidence...if he were in the private sector as CEO he would have been fired..
..a lot of it would have speculation and what not..

unknown? it is his and his administrations job to know...when they try to sell their plans they are allgedley aware of the extent if the problems then when their plans fail..they start with the blame game and the it was worse than we thought BS...
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/8/2011 2:24:11 PM

Thanks for illustrating my point
....excuse after excuse...blame everone else.......no evidence...if he were in the private sector as CEO he would have been fired..
..a lot of it would have speculation and what not..

unknown? it is his and his administrations job to know...when they try to sell their plans they are allgedley aware of the extent if the problems then when their plans fail..they start with the blame game and the it was worse than we thought BS...

Does not follow. Many's the CEO who wrecked our economy who are still happily employed and sucking down yet another golden parachute. Nor can Obama make ANYTHING happen when opposed by virtually the entire GOP majority. If Obama (Who I am no fan of) stated that he was issuing a statement that the sky was blue, the GOP would oppose it.

As for the rest of your diatribe, where is your condimnation for the Bush administration? Where is your outrage for their completely revisionist actions?

"it is his and his administrations job to know" You mean like the WMDs? Or ignoring the pre 9/11 intel?

Hard to take you serious at any level when your partisianship shows this badly.
 wisguyingb
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/9/2011 4:25:27 AM

If Obama (Who I am no fan of) stated that he was issuing a statement that the sky was blue, the GOP would oppose it.

I would oppose that statement myself. It's early in the AM here and I just looked outside. The sky looks black... Not blue.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/9/2011 7:43:00 AM
Time, lying is not one of your more attractive features.

1. He has further consolidated power in the Executive branch by "ruling" by executive order. He has "czars" running every aspect of human existence, none of whom were approved by Congress.

You'll find, if you were to actually do some research using, y'know, "Facts", that Obama has signed far fewer executive orders than Bush. His "czars", at last time I counted were less as well. As for Congressional approval, you of course fail to mention that most of his appointees are actively being blocked by the the GOP. The appointees are THERE, and the Republicans REFUSE to bring the appointments to the floor for a vote. Thats not doing the peoples business, thats pure obstructionism.

In short, you're lying through your teeth.

Based on the outright falsehoods in your first statement, the rest of your screed is worthless.
 OyVay...
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/9/2011 8:47:01 AM
Welcome back from your tour time! Guess it was shorter than expected! Couple of things about your point list:

1. Czars was a concept from years ago, started I believe with the "drug czar" to avert drugs being smuggled into USA. The rest of the folks running things are usually secretaries or cabinet posts. Most of his agency heads, have languished while the senate blocks their appointments.

2. Huge swaths? The auto's wound have gone into messy bankruptcy, costing a million jobs. While we invested, we never held sway over corporate decisions. It was only 2 companies, ford took no money. Health Insurance? There was no public option, if anything they are doing more business now than before. Loan industry, you do realize that law was passed by the congress, not executive order.

3. That flurry of regulations were in the form of laws, passed by congress, again not his executive order.

4. Allowed? Iran? Iran is a soverign independent country. We don't get to allow or not, anything, unless we invade. I think we have enough wars, and most would agree.

5.Iced relationships. Some have cooled, some are better. No different than shrub, in fact much better than shrub.

6.Apology tour. Yes he did! It was getting old being hated by 1/3 of the world, cause it was our way or the highway for the 25 years before.

7.I doubt many would agree with the dems having control as far as the eye can see. He's not the one changing voting laws and rules in the states, that's the republicans.

8.He's spent more on what appears nothing, becayse nothing works to jump start the economy. Oh he did put everything on the books, unlike shrub, to give an accurate view of what things cost.

9.Gotta give you this one. Being preoccupied with the economy, I would like to believe he never got to the Patriot Act, but I am hugely disappointed. But it was shrub who signed it.

10.I doubt many on here will shed a tear for private jets. I doubt many, maybe even any have been on private jets from POF.

11.Least transparent? Are you sure you are not having a flashack to bush? He's held more press conferences in any quarter, than bush held in his whole 8 years.

12. I doubt the denizens of solar power, were in a big time cash spending spree during the election cycle. With Darth Vader(cheeny) pushing the oil industry, I doubt they had 2 nickels to rub together. But it was a mistake, in their rush to make things happen, move solar ahead and add some jobs, someone in Obama's Admin, dropped the ball and didn't vet this well enough. But not like it was WMD's or something that started a war that cost a half a trillion.

13. A divided country..hmmm.. yes I will give you that as well. In fact I will link this reponse to #14 as well. Obama has caused a viseral reaction in communities that never thought a black man would be in the white house. Can you point out, a president in the last 50 years, who has been treated with such lack of civility? What president has been called liar on the floor of congress, except him? Nixon lied they said nothing, Clinton lied they said nothing, Bush certainly lied more than once they said nothing, why was it OK to say that to Obama and not them? Think about it.

15 now that's just silly.

Oh and one more thing. If the country is headed in the wrong direction, doing nothing in congress for the last 2 1/2 years isn't helping start a course correction.
 itechman63
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2011 9:49:51 AM

6.Apology tour. Yes he did! It was getting old being hated by 1/3 of the world, cause it was our way or the highway for the 25 years before.

You know... we were raised and try to raise our kids to be quality human beings that when doing wrong have the principles and integrity to be accountable and apologize when warranted.

Something is really screwed up with those that find it wrong to apologize... even to believe that our actions in the name of greed and power that has come at great expense to foreign citizens were somehow justified. Our nation and it's leaders have the same responsibility to have character and integrity that's expected of us.

When people bring up negatively the "Apology Tour"... well this kind of blanket approval of wrongdoing leading to tendency to vote for the same sickos every election are the utter failure.
 trinity818
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/10/2011 5:38:20 AM

Nixon lied they said nothing, Clinton lied they said nothing, Bush certainly lied more than once they said nothing,

Whaaat??? All three of your examples were threatened with impeachment, were they not? I'm not clear on exactly how that process works, perhaps they were not called "liar on the floor of congress". But to state that "they said nothing", is blatently disingenuous.
 hoopsnhikes
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/10/2011 3:54:57 PM

Can you point out, a president in the last 50 years, who has been treated with such lack of civility?

George Bush.

What president has been called liar on the floor of congress, except him?

George Bush.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEHKgNnfN5M
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/10/2011 7:25:31 PM
The difference being, of course, that Bush IS a proven liar. Jury is still out on Obama for the most part.
 jajem
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2011 8:17:23 PM
So ridiculous - President Obama is one of the best presidents we have ever had - actually caring about the middle class (he is a member of until recently!). I do feel he can do better on the mortgage assistance- but still better ----than all the rich **stards who could care less about what America makes us great, - the middle class - which the rich cannot do without - unless they want to pay for military to guard them in their increasingly indefensible guarded communities!!!!! Good luck to them in defending their wealthy enclaves. The middle class is angry.
 flyguy51
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/10/2011 8:45:47 PM

To criticize anything Obama does implies that you are racist.

Not surprisingly, there is some definite partisan hypocrisy in that regard. In an interview, Charles Krauthammer asked Herman Cain if race was a factor in his persecution of late, and Cain said, "I think so."

To sum up, the implication is that calling Obama a Muslim foreigner has racist motivations, and exposing Cain's multiple past sexual harrassment settlements has racist motivations-- yes, completely identical types of persecution there.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Obama is an utter failure.