Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Girlfriend won't give up on ex lover      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 john36602000
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Girlfriend won't give up on ex loverPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Been seeing this great woman for about 5 weeks now. Great relationship but she refuses to give up on her ex lover who is married. She said he was just a F*** buddy but she started having feelings for him. He has a wife and refuses to give the wife up. He still calls her trying to hook up knowing she is seeing me. She even wants me to help her buy his old pickup. Am I an idiot for waiting and thinking this will work out. It would be so easy to walk away if I handnt started having deep feelings for her?
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 2
Girlfriend won't give up on ex lover
Posted: 11/7/2011 4:39:09 AM
OP This one is simple............If you want the drama then keep doing what your doing.........move on. And definitely don't give her any money.........
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2011 4:42:24 AM

Am I an idiot for waiting and thinking this will work out.
Yes.
 cooldog65
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2011 4:48:17 AM
If you knew all this before you decided to start seeing her, then you got what you asked for. She is not relationship material. She is good for FWB/booty call, nothing else. Don't open your wallet just because she's opening her legs. Move on.
 gentleplus
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2011 5:18:57 AM
Run Forrest, RUN
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/7/2011 5:32:10 AM
and WHY would you have "deep feelings" for a woman after only 5 weeks, much less one stupid enough, dishonest enough, impulsive enough, and self-absorbed enough to get involved with a married man? she is clearly unethical, showing poor judgment, and having the emotional maturity of a rutting seal. in other words, a train wreck waiting to happen. oh but your biggest concern is whether your relationship will magically "work" and/or how to put YOUR DEEP FEELINGS aside??? good luck to ya, you're gonna need it.

She even wants me to help her buy his old pickup.

you mean the one with the semen stains in the carpet and the old rubbers stuck between the seat cushions?? LOL

It would be so easy to walk away if I handnt started having deep feelings for her?

i will not blame you for having deep feelings, but i'm gonna look at ya real funny if you either cannot or will not put reason ahead of your "deep feelings" and rational thought before the kinds of ideas that arise from the darkest region of your own pants...... AFTER ONLY 5 WEEKS ferfuxake.

ye gods, i hope you don't have a daughter or if you do, that she never comes to you for any advice. apparently you like to lead by example.
 MuscleMermaid
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/7/2011 5:38:14 AM
5 weeks, & deep feelings for a woman who tells you she is not over her Ex. And wants you to buy his old pickup. This sounds pretty jacked up if you ask me. Move on before she tells you to. If she is not over her Ex, she certainly will not be into you.
 HappyDip
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/7/2011 5:41:08 AM
Really, to me, it seems like you were made for each other.
Isn't this what romcom dramady's are made of?
She pines for another man she can't have, but uses her.
You pine for a woman you can't have because she pines for another guy, and she uses you.

She wants Jack, you want Jill. The only thing that would complete this circle is if you spanked the guys wife at the BDSM club you frequent in secret.

It would be so easy to walk away if I handnt started having deep feelings for her?

Oh you poor emotional victim.
Too bad you only get those "deep" emotions once in your life and if you screw them up you will never ever ever ever ever ever ever feel them again for anyone or anything.
And really, after 5 weeks too. Just over one month. 44 years and nothing, then after one month BAM, those emotions popped and bloomed.

Am I an idiot for waiting and thinking this will work out.

Things don't just magically work out.
People have to want to change things.
So no, not an idiot for waiting and thinking this will work out.
Because it will work out. It just won't work out to the fantasy relationship you think is possible.
 carolann0308
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2011 5:51:39 AM
She wants him and can't have him, so she is settling for you and your job is to look the other way while she humiliates you.
She sounds perfect.
 weathervanes
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2011 6:00:09 AM
If this guy wants more than $3 for the truck I wouldn't help, one request for help will lead to another, then another, then another-see the pattern?...........as far as you being an idiot I wouldn't go that far, maybe blind to the obvious fits better.
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/7/2011 6:02:23 AM
Idiot may be a bit strong, but just a bit.
 abelian
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/7/2011 6:42:30 AM
Drop her like a rock. It might not be easy given that you're invested to the extent you are, but it won't get any easier as even more time passes.
 Kitten189
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/7/2011 6:49:57 AM
She's using you as the fill-in guy til she starts sleeping with the married guy again.

Op,drop her like a hot potato if you have any self respect.
 Maleman999
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/7/2011 8:00:15 AM

Been seeing this great woman...

If this is your version of great, I can't imagine what a not-so-great woman would be like in your view.
 Tim0066
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/7/2011 8:47:03 AM
You have a few choices. None you will like to hear.

First, think about it. She has sex with a guy that has a wife. She doesn't care about fidelity, she will cheat on you even if you two got married... unless you don't care, then sure keep being a moron and dating her.

You could just go tell that guys wife, but that would require you to care about fidelity. But consider that his wife might not care she's being cheated on.

You should just leave her and forget she exists.

Either way, you're being blinded by lust for a woman who doesn't like you all that much, you're just another F buddy for her...

You're dating a loser.
 playfulpete
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/7/2011 8:57:06 AM
Sorry man but your an idiot.You know what they say about a fool and his money don,t you as fast as you can
 OyVay...
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/7/2011 9:01:57 AM
OP, what are you still doing with her? The moment she said "she started having feelings for him", I'd have been outta there!

So let me get this straight, he calls her trying to hook up, and she wants to buy his pick up for the memories or to make his life better and wants you to help?

You may not be an idiot NOW, but if you stay and help her buy the truck or stay with her, you will be and more! How could you possibly see this as turning into anything but a train wreck?

Lastly, you may want to step back from dating and examine your life and where your emotional head is at. That you could be blind to the facts and find them possibly acceptable behavior to you is one thing. Worse is the fact that you developed "deep feelings" for her in 5 weeks, despite your knowing some of these facts.
 good_catch77
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/7/2011 9:16:35 AM
Very confusing sounds like a episode of Jerry Springer...this one is easy tell your g/f to choose the lover or you. Until she ceases all contact with the dude, who is married btw should tell you something right there, it is going to continue.

Idk about you but I don't share well with others esp a g/f. If she doesn't respect you enough to quit with the fwb or even fvck buddy then she's never going to respect you. Move on, let her have her fun and drama...leave you out of it....
 Blu_Angie
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/7/2011 9:21:26 AM
It is time for you to move on. Hopefully you have not gotten too emotionally attached to her after only 5 weeks.
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/7/2011 9:21:35 AM
Unfortunately you're the fall-back guy - the rebound.

Nothing good will come of this.
 VirtuallyLove
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/7/2011 9:24:13 AM
I usually don't post to these kinds of threads, but this one struck me as so unbelievable that it kind of drew me in.

It's like asking: "Hey, I accidentally dipped my hand into a vat of acid. Should I pull it out?"

Msg: 22
Posted: 11/7/2011 9:27:53 AM
I think your picker is broken.You have chosen a whore who ran around with a married man behind his wife's back.I have no sympathy for you.
 *army mom*
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/7/2011 9:28:09 AM
Wow, that's a LOT of drama ... the only thing I can tell you for certain is that she obviously isn't that interested in you. Here's what we know for certain: She has no qualms about f*cking a married man and she's using the hell out of you. She's certainly no prize in my opinion. And she apparently has no ethics or morals. I'm questioning how you could develop "deep feelings" for such a person in 5 weeks. That makes you seem very desperate and needy. And if you buy her a truck, the next thing you're gonna see is her taillights.

One of my favorite Dr. Phil quotes: "You teach people how to treat you." She's only doing what you allow her to do.

Things can only get worse ... cut your losses and move on.
 Tim0066
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/7/2011 9:38:31 AM
I think I should change my opinion... you should marry this girl... she's perfect for you.

Go buy a nice engagement ring and propose to her... she's just your type.

Then get married tomorrow...

Then you should get her pregnant as soon as possible, and while you're at it get a million dollar life insurance policy on yourself, make sure you tell her too... and make her the benificiary.

Then take up rock climbing as a hobby, dont start with the little stuff either, skip training... just go big... you should do free climbing... it would be the best bet... for HER!
 daynadaze
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2011 9:42:44 AM
I must have missed the part where she's great and the relationship is great...she's seems like a skank who screws married men and thinks she's in love with a married man who only wants booty calls from her, doesn't care about her and now she wants you involved in her affair with this married man. Could you point out the great parts of this?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Girlfriend won't give up on ex lover