Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Do guys do FWB exclusive with girls?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EasyPeasy72
Msg: 1
Do guys do FWB exclusive with girls?Page 1 of 1    
I'm ideally willing to do an ibetween relationship exclusive FWB sitatuation. Should I say it openly on my site? Will me be so much less likely to committ to this sort of thing? Or do you think I'd mostly get players who are just seeking lots of Casual Sex?
I guess I'm just trying to be careful about trusting so I don't get into a jam if I try it.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 2
Do guys do FWB exclusive with girls?
Posted: 11/7/2011 3:29:44 PM
Up to you.

Most women lie about their intentions
so they can get nice guys to toy with.

If you're honest,
you get the players.
And as sensible as that would seem...
apparently it's not as fun for the chick team.

Just put "not looking for serious" on your page
and you should attract the same.
 EasyPeasy72
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/7/2011 3:49:33 PM
I want serious, but while Mr. Right is not around, well I don't feel like going without forever and ever. "Craigs list, cough, cough" No never trust men from the CE section no I don't think so!
 ZachariahTicer
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2011 4:02:17 PM
Well I have been in an exclusive FWB, but the exclusivity was purely circumstantial for both of us. I wouldn't want to be in an FWB with the understanding that we were both to remain exclusive, as to me exclusivity is something I reserve for a relationship. Not too mention the exclusivity will only increase the chance of deeper feelings developing (which would be counter-intuitive to some wanting to be in an FWB to begin with).

VVVVVV

First off, a FWB needs to be FRIENDS first... That's the "F" in "FWB"

I agree with you. Without the friendship, it's booty-call. Some on the forums use them interchangeably for some reason...
Posted: 11/7/2011 4:23:05 PM

I want serious, but while Mr. Right is not around, well I don't feel like going without forever and ever

Will me be so much less likely to committ to this sort of thing? Or do you think I'd mostly get players who are just seeking lots of Casual Sex?

so basically you want someone to agree to fvck you and only you until you decide to fvck someone else. not sure how that makes you any different from the players you so want to avoid.
 GothamCityBoy
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/7/2011 4:26:20 PM
No I don't think that you should announce that you enjoy FWB type relationships on your profile.
Guy's all know that you've slept around....no need to place an ad.
 SunDevil_in_SC
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/7/2011 4:33:22 PM
I an extent I agree with m_church on this one ...

First, yeah I'd probably hide my picture for a while after starting this thread. The last thing you want is someone to Google something and say, "Hey, that's Mary ..."

Also, in my opinion, I know where you are coming from. You wouldn't mind being in a relationship with no long term strings attached and no pressure. I get it. However, to me, it is like Communism ... it is a wonderful theory, but lousy in execution. These boards are filled with, "Yeah, I started with a FWB situation, but I think that I have feeling for him/her now, and when I brought them up, he/she started pushing me away ..."

Just know what you are getting yourself into first. Whatever you decide, I wish for you the best.

vvv - Yeah, I actually agree. It isn't that I think communism sucks ... just how when implemented in its name that it usually ended up a dictatorship. Darn Bolsheviks ... :)

Back to a serious note, this is one of those, "Where is the line in the sand," situations. For example, I would have thought that leaving her profile up on the site would have been fine. (She isn't in a relationship) However, if she decided to start getting serious with a guy (or to the point of wanting to have sex with the guy) is when she would have to come forward with notification of the new guy.
 ZachariahTicer
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2011 4:43:16 PM

so basically you want someone to agree to fvck you and only you until you decide to fvck someone else. not sure how that makes you any different from the players you so want to avoid.

Well in my definition a player is someone who gives false intentions in order to get booty i.e a guy pretending he wants a LTR because the woman is looking for LTR. So if she were to be forthright with her intentions (fvck partner) there would be no nefarious component aka 'playing'. That's how I see it anyways. IF she maintains her profile as others suggest and dates under that premise then I would say she is 'playing'...

However, to me, it is like Communism ... it is a wonderful theory, but lousy in execution.

It was never really executed. A totalitarian dictatorship is a rather big no-no to the theory to begin with ;)
 hoyos
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/7/2011 4:44:14 PM
If they did I'd think it rather difficult to verify.
No clue why you feel the need to advertise tho. Surely there's someone you already know locally that could accommodate you unless someone strange is more appealing.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/7/2011 4:49:48 PM
Getting back to your question,
it is bad form to expect temp guys to be exclusive.

If you are looking..... so should they.
You just don't want to be cut loose first.
 TNBinLV
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/7/2011 5:30:34 PM

I want serious, but while Mr. Right is not around, well I don't feel like going without forever and ever. "Craigs list, cough, cough" No never trust men from the CE section no I don't think so!

Do you really want serious????? Makes me wonder if the guy must live less than 15 minutes away.

how far to travel for a date
Posted: 10/21/2011 626 PM
I don't own a car, so I'd prefer the guy live less than 15 minutes away!

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts14753477.aspx#14754032
 TheCoolGreenMoss
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2011 5:48:59 PM
I want serious, but while Mr. Right is not around, well I don't feel like going without forever and ever

Just date B.O.B. until Mr. Right shows up...

**Battery Operated Boyfriend
 EasyPeasy72
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/7/2011 5:57:30 PM
First, I know all about the whole Communism stuff, hilarious to have it brought up here.
Second, what if I found a FWB and we enjoyed ourselves for a year, no one would get hurt.
Who said it would have to be super temp?
I tried this with a roommate and he morphed into wanting super serious commitment and was a great guy but there were history issues of his past behavior(like being a dead beat daddy) I wouldn't live with. I think it's a sexual double standard to expect a girl to sit around just using her vibe for months on end cause Mr. commitment isn't around! It's 2011 and women now have the right to enjoy and persue sexual relationship and have their needs truly met in or out of a typical romance!
 Tim0066
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/7/2011 6:03:24 PM
Anyone you have ever dated and didn't marry was a FWB...

People just HATE to admit it but its true.

Only the mature and (really) drama free types can get away with a strictly fwb situation.

You can't just go email some guy on here and say hey lets be fwb... if you meet them and you two aren't "friends" type then fwb will never work, if you have sex a few times... all you are is hooking up with a stranger you know nothing about.

Never fall for the "Friends first" BS (saddest one liner I've ever heard) if you don't feel lust for someone and get the urge to tear their clothes off when you first meet them... becoming good friends isn't going to spontaneously create Lust out of thin air... its either there or it isn't.

If two people have lust towards each other then you have the potential for one of two things... a FWB or a LTR, only time will tell which happens.

As for more being exclusive... thats a given for faithful people and assumed a NO for cheaters, no different if its a FWB, LTR or Marriage.

Fidelity is built into peoples personality and you'll only find out the hard way which they are.

I think you're confusing a FWB with one night stands/hook ups... totaly different animal.
 abelian
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/7/2011 6:31:44 PM
I suppose I would as long as I wasn't tempted by someone else or I wasn't interested in finding a relationship. If I was tempted ny someone else, I'd say so to let you know and if I was looking for a relationship, I'd just stop when I met someone who wanted to date me with the idea of a relationship in mind.
 BrockLee74
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/7/2011 7:24:11 PM
FWB is great, so long as both parties are considerate of the other in all situations. Years ago I had a FWB. She would find a guy and disappear from my life completely. Weeks or months would pass, things wouldn't work and she would be back looking to hang out. I am not thinking about the "benefits", but having the friend at least keep in touch would have been nice.
 daynadaze
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2011 8:33:01 PM
What's the point of FWB if you have to make a commitment and be exclusive? That doesn't make any sense. What you are asking is to be boyfriend/girlfriend, which is totally different than just being there for sex with a buddy because you both couldn't find anyone else at the moment.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Do guys do FWB exclusive with girls?