Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Any great tips on visiting New Orleans, weather, sights, places to st      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CORPBANE2011
Msg: 2
Any great tips on visiting New Orleans, weather, sights, places to stay and music?Page 1 of 1    
Mr. B & Mother's are two places you shouldn't miss. Canal St if you're into kitchy souveniers.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Any great tips on visiting New Orleans, weather, sights, places to stay and music?
Posted: 11/10/2011 8:43:49 PM
Commanders Palace was AWESOME.

You can't miss Pat O'Brien's and Jean Lafittes. Careful with those hurricanes, tequila doesn't have anything on them when it comes to taking your clothes off.
 RERE1026
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Any great tips on visiting New Orleans, weather, sights, places to stay and music?
Posted: 1/29/2012 6:54:32 AM
The best hotel that I found was the Monteleone on Royal Street. Everything is within walking distance in the French quarter from here. I think we paid $99/night during the week and $119 for weekend. Book your rooms online as they seem cheaper and have specials. Also, go to the website New Orleans Online......you get good deals through that website and a discount coupon booklet. I agree with going to Mr. B's and Mothers for some cuisine. We ate there for lunch for our main meal of the day and for supper just snacked here and there. Pat O'Briens for a Hurricane is wonderful but be careful, they are potent! Supper cruise on the Cajun Queen(?) on the Mississippi Delta at sunset was memorable. Have fun but be careful......DO NOT GO TO THE GRAVEYARDS ALONE OR SMALL GROUPS....great area for muggings. A down side that I found was everyone had their hand out for a tip whether the service was adequate, suboptimal or wonderful.
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Any great tips on visiting New Orleans, weather, sights, places to stay and music?